Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: Please see the 2019 Mobile Devices BUG REPORTS thread here.
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS you are using in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting bugs related to the 15 November 2017 upgrade of FlyerTalk Mobile on your MOBILE device. (Please refrain from discussion or speculation about issues if they are not reports as specified here.)

Your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problems / bugs may require devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; customary holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - BUG REPORTS.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:22 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Stutters. The usual 120fps turns into 15 or so. If I scroll really quickly, I see white space and then the content fills in after a short delay. Similar thing happens on my iPhone X, but is more noticeable after zooming in.

Here's a short video of what I see on my ipad. Once I go into the posts page, it scrolls fine.
https://youtu.be/0XLVBunjVmA
It's taking time to load the ads and that's causing the stutter.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
That can’t be the intended experience on apple’s fastest current hardware, right?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:25 pm

I would try using the mobile skin. It's the way the site is designed to be browsed from Mobile.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
The page jumping when not signed in is still not fixed.
Still not fixed.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by IBobi
It's taking time to load the ads and that's causing the stutter.
I’m having the same problem. Again, it wasn’t a problem before the recent downgrade.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I find that often when I try to edit a post (of my own) on mobile in which I quoted someone, only the quotation is there to edit; any text that I added and posted is gone in edit mode. And it's not just a display glitch: if I click save, the post is modified to contain only the quotation, deleting any text I've added.

This is using an up-to-date iPhone 6s (iOS 11.2.5) with up-to-date Safari; it's been an issue for maybe a month or two, so dating back at least a few point releases of iOS. It happens usually but not always when I (try to) edit a post.

(I don't have access to my phone to produce screenshots at the moment.)
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:50 pm

With the recent mobile skin update, I’ve noticed that the thread titles get truncated, even though there’s plenty of room on the screen for more words.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The page jumps for me, while logged in, if I click on a thread I haven’t been on in a while. If I scroll up slightly, it jumps way up to my oldest unread post, which can sometimes be tens or hundreds of pages back. Only on mobile.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by getagb
The page jumps for me, while logged in, if I click on a thread I haven’t been on in a while. If I scroll up slightly, it jumps way up to my oldest unread post, which can sometimes be tens or hundreds of pages back. Only on mobile.
I'm still seeing this random jumping too. It's hard to know when it's going to happen and it happens inconsistently. It has nothing to do with ads loading. iPhone 6 with iOS 10.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by getagb
Originally Posted by OttawaMark

I'm still seeing this random jumping too. It's hard to know when it's going to happen and it happens inconsistently. It has nothing to do with ads loading. iPhone 6 with iOS 10.
I'm not seeing that. If you'd like to report your browser/device/skin, and post a video capture, we can take a look!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:52 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I switched to the desktop skin to check something and now I can't get my iPad browser to go back to the mobile site; there is no longer a link at the end of each thread to switch back!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by CKDGM
I switched to the desktop skin to check something and now I can't get my iPad browser to go back to the mobile site; there is no longer a link at the end of each thread to switch back!
If you have an ad blocker, turn off. If not, try clearing cache?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
With the recent mobile skin update, I’ve noticed that the thread titles get truncated, even though there’s plenty of room on the screen for more words.
Same here. Typically after 2.5 lines.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Any word on when that very annoying moving banner ad will be removed?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Any word on when that very annoying moving banner ad will be removed?
Can you take a screen shot? I don't know which banner you're referring to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.