Reload this Page >

Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Your Desktop Device - Please Post SCREEN SHOTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your desktop devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: Baec Bronze
i JUST HAD THIS POP UP xml.plainmedia.com with a warning from AVAST from HTML:RedirME-inf (Trj).

http://xml.plaimedia.com/nlp/index.p.../s0u.kiho.gdn/

This could be the culprit needs to be checked.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Just "upgraded" to a new ipad yesterday and cannot use FT on it because every time I go to any forum page there is a fake Amazon popup. Have tried all sorts of tinkering with settings but to no avail.

When the popup comes up, the address bar changes to norwegianreward.top. The only way out is to close the tab.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
So I mailed it to my iPad and added it to the URL bar and that "Framebusting requires same-origin or a user gesture" doesn't come up. Bunch of other experimental settings but not that one.
same here.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Why are there two threads on this issue both started on Jan 1?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by chavala

One for desktop and one for mobile browsers which I didn’t notice until now and I’ve been posting on the wrong one.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by chavala

Probably so they can split the complaints in half to make it look like they're actually doing something.
corky and florens like this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak

One for desktop and one for mobile browsers which I didn’t notice until now and I’ve been posting on the wrong one.

Wow I didn't even notice that -- so was I! Thanks!

But reading previous posts looks like I wasn't the only one. These threads should be merged.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does FT really need ads running for things like Xiaflex. No screen print but went to Omni and the ad across top of the page discusses a mans medical condition involving curves of greater than 30 degrees.

Not sure what is going on with FT but certainly seems to be headed in the wrong direction.

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Jan 14, 2018 at 6:09 am
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:53 pm

If experience bad mobile ads, and If using Chrome on your mobile device, try:

Load chrome://flags/#enable-framebusting-needs-sameorigin-or-usergesture in the browser's address bar.

Switch the status of the "Framebusting requires same-origin or a user gesture" experimental flag from default to enabled.

Restart the Chrome browser.
framebusting setting fixed my 2 devices
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Does FT really need ads running for things like Xiaflex. No screen print but went to Omni and the ad across top of the page discusses a mans medical condition involving curves of greater than 30 degrees.

Not sure what is going on with FT but certainly seems to be head in the wrong direction.
I don't want to know what you've been googling.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kb9522

I don't want to know what you've been googling.

Nothing that would have pulled an add like that. Seems IB allows ads of all kinds. That's the problem not what I've googled.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
I find all these ads disruptive, years ago when these board and community was established we never had this type of B.S. I am getting all typs of please wait connecting to some bullsheet site to get the next disruptive add.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Plat
Autoplay videos

The new ads with sound are pretty darn disruptive! Do those count? And are they permitted? They certainly aren't by me. I started boycotting CNN over this issue and never looked back. Are we supposed to only read Flyertalk on mute now?
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:24 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
The new ads with sound are pretty darn disruptive! Do those count? And are they permitted? They certainly aren't by me. I started boycotting CNN over this issue and never looked back. Are we supposed to only read Flyertalk on mute now?
They are not permitted -- can you send a screenshot please?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:45 pm

They are not permitted -- can you send a screenshot please?
So you can print it and hang it up in the office so everyone can laugh about it? We all know nothing is going to be done about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.