Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the 2019 thread can be found here.

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
Please see post #132 for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29310693-post132.html

We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Still getting these.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:33 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by sturges
Still getting these.
Thanks sturges, I'll let our tech and ad teams know. That's particularly odd, now that we added-on the 3rd party app.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:45 am

Flyertalk keeps crashing the tabs in safari on my iPad. Result, I now have an adblocker installed.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
It’s really bad right now. Page crashes are non stop, that combined with infinite scroll which means you’ve lost the page you were on over and over. It’s not usable.
Dave_C likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:05 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dave_C
Flyertalk keeps crashing the tabs in safari on my iPad. Result, I now have an adblocker installed.
Originally Posted by djmp
It’s really bad right now. Page crashes are non stop, that combined with infinite scroll which means you’ve lost the page you were on over and over. It’s not usable.
I know Safari on iPad often has crashing issues even not on FlyerTalk. Is there any ad you're able to see that might be taking up memory?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
GDPR related posts have been moved to the proper thread: GDPR compliance questions and discussion

Co-Moderator
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I know Safari on iPad often has crashing issues even not on FlyerTalk. Is there any ad you're able to see that might be taking up memory?
It’s the only website that has ever crashed it. Plus given the tab crashes completely, how am I meant to know what ad did it?

I think the point is you guys reap what you sow - you’ve put so many buggy and obtrusive ads there, that the only course of action left is to block them all completely.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Can confirm - the continuous iPad crash-fest is Flyertalk only. It’s like a timebomb when trying to post.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:42 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by djmp
Can confirm - the continuous iPad crash-fest is Flyertalk only. It’s like a timebomb when trying to post.
Originally Posted by Dave_C
It’s the only website that has ever crashed it. Plus given the tab crashes completely, how am I meant to know what ad did it?

I think the point is you guys reap what you sow - you’ve put so many buggy and obtrusive ads there, that the only course of action left is to block them all completely.
I've got our tech team on this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I can confirm that AdBlocker relieves FlyerTalk of the crashing ipad problems.

Last edited by Tafflyer; Jun 17, 2018 at 3:24 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I can confirm that AdBlocker relieves FlyerTalk of the crashing ipad problems.
Interestingly, the „please disable your AdBlocker“ Ad from FT still sometimes covers content. That also dispells the myth that the Ads themselves are responsible for that too.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:59 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Tafflyer

Interestingly, the „please disable your AdBlocker“ Ad from FT still sometimes covers content.
Only if you're on a mobile device, using the desktop skin, and you zoom in. That is going to keep happening, regardless of whether it is an "ad" or anything else in the ad space on the page; we encourage anyone seeing this issue to use the mobile skin.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:29 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
or just tell your adblocker to block the "please disable your adblocker" entity
RumPatrol likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:58 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by pvn
or just tell your adblocker to block the "please disable your adblocker" entity
Won't help. Instead of seeing that "please" square, you'll have a blank square covering your content.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IBobi
Won't help. Instead of seeing that "please" square, you'll have a blank square covering your content.
Depends on the blocker.
pvn and RumPatrol like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.