Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the 2019 thread can be found here.

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
Please see post #132 for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29310693-post132.html

We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:48 pm

I’m so glad I saw this thread, thought I had some malware on my phone or something! I have the same problem with varying intensity, but some days I just give up on checking FlyerTalk after the 3rd redirect in a row... Thanks for bringing this up!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
This has been going on for weeks now, and i’ve seen multiple mentions of it. Why has it not been sorted out already?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please follow this thread as it moves to the Technical Support and Feedback forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
These redirects have been an issue for some time, now. Internet Brands is aware and tells us they’re working on fixes, though these may depend on their advert content providers.

We’ll soon merge this into the current thread, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...see-132-a.html.

JDiver, Co-Moderator
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Not had this for months and months but the day after the new format is released they start popping up. Coincidence?? I don't think so. They have obviously left some way in to the site for all these bots or whatever they are to infect us

Are they trying to drive people away from the site??
florens likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Constantly annoying ads popping up on Iphone 7!!

FT ..... sort this out please.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:34 pm

Now I am getting hit by some full page "Bitcoin" malvertisement.. FT, really? Still not fixed? Just stop any advertisment that does full page forward.. or do you want everyone to go elsewhere?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:15 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
This morning (April 2nd) we have added a 3rd Party pop-up blocker, so no more redirects/malicious ads should be appearing.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:42 pm

It got even worse for me.. completely unusable on mobile now.

wont let me to attach screenshots.. anyway I think I will give up and use FT only from PC anymore (which means less traffic and less money for FT)

I am not against advertisments. But malvertisements like on FT shouldnt exist on a serious website and I cant believe they cant fix it. Never seen that on any other serious website.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 running Android 7.0 (Chrome browser) has getting hammered by malicious redirects today on FT. The malicious code appears to be imbededded in the banner shown in the uppermost screenshot (the "70% off" one).

One redirect URL is to http://nepsta.com/go/?aclid=&cid=520&pid=0&parm5=flyertalk.com&parm4=38 242309&parm3=PulsePoint%20bidder&parm2=0&parm1=cam paign
which then further redirects to malicious sites.

Last edited by onthesam; Apr 18, 2018 at 1:15 pm
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
FlyerTalk is completely unusable on mobile for me, with endless redirects and pop ups.

This doesn't happen on any other website.

Old May 18, 2018, 3:00 pm

as a positive headsup: no more problems using FT on Android since at least a few weeks. Seems you got it cleaned up at last
IBobi likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
For about a week now, FT tabs on an iPad are crashing every couple of minutes (i.e. "A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded") - this looks about when the ads refresh.
Dave_C and T8191 like this.

Last edited by djmp; May 21, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Here’s an example.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:45 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by djmp
Here’s an example.
I believe that. My iPad has a super hard time on Gizmodo sites for personal use. I will report this to our tech team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.