Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the 2019 thread can be found here.

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
Please see post #132 for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29310693-post132.html

We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:58 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by acarney
I’m sorry I’m not going to be a huge help since I’ve ahem “already taken care of it” on my side, but I was getting a browser highjack three or four times the last two days to some “congratulations! You won an amazon gift card!”

As I said, sorry I can’t take a screen shot since it’s been “fixed” on my end, but something added into the rotation in the last day or two is Fing stuff up for you guys... it’s totally unacceptable and made the site unusable. Hopefully you can catch it before you lose more eyes.
Thanks acarney
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Thanks acarney

Sorry I couldn’t get a screen shot, I didn’t even know this part of the forums existed, shows how often I venture out of the points sections! :P

Hopefully your ad service can see what new ads they started running to this site in the last 48 hours or so... speaking of which, I’ve NEVER had this issue with google and their ads... is it something site side that can be added to only allow “white listed” ads to reach your site? (Or something) Or are these served from someone completely different then Google Adsense?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:14 am

Have gotten four of these so far today. Edge on ios.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
This website is literally unusable on mobile. I’ve gotten this popup every time I’ve tried to read anything today. At least 15 times.

iOS iPhoneX

Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:48 am

Just got the same browser-hijacking ad twice in a row on my iPhone.

Tried attaching a screenshot, but that doesn’t seem to be working for me on here, or I’m doing it wrong.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:09 pm

I bought an app called Crystal for 99 cents and all of this malware spam has disappeared.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Multiple hijacks this morning including while trying to navigate to this thread and replying the first time.

Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:01 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
These have all been reported.

NOTE: the 2019 thread can be found here.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 22, 2019 at 10:29 am Reason: Insert moderator note

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.