Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the 2019 thread can be found here.

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
Please see post #132 for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29310693-post132.html

We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
once again, FT is unusable on ipad pro safari with latest ios. US based.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:23 pm

Amazon spam comes up every time I try to check flyertalk on my iPhone. Doesn't happen on the desktop. It's so invasive I've had to stop using the iPhone for this site---and only this site.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Absolutely unusable on iPhone and iPad, redirects to Amazon “gift” immediately.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:49 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Sadly yet again FT is unusable on my iPad. The annoying Amazon gift pop up ad that redirects you away. Super annoying.
Is anything been done to fix this? Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:48 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Hi guys, as stated previously, every new report is logged with our tech and ad teams. Please continue to post screenshots, URLs, and browsers/OSes.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Retired. Amtrak, DL (2MM, Signed up for DL FF program 2nd day offered 8/81), Marriott, Hilton
I will just add my name to this list. TOTALLY unusable on my iPad. I get the Amazon redirection everybody else is getting.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi guys, as stated previously, every new report is logged with our tech and ad teams. Please continue to post screenshots, URLs, and browsers/OSes.
Thanks. Is it helpful to you to post the url of the app store redirects - the links are huge, they seem to generate with seemingly 1000’s of random character elements?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I have the same popup issue.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Si this is how my 12 year relationship with FT ends

Too bad you value advertising revenue over user experience. Your site is worthless on anything other than a desktop.

Amazon.com - Congratulations!!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:53 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
Too bad you value advertising revenue over user experience. Your site is worthless on anything other than a desktop.
This. We aren't blocking ads because we don't want you to make money. We're blocking ads because they're making the site a miserable tar pit. They compromise privacy. They're ugly. The fact that this is STILL going on says that you guys DON'T CARE - you could fix this problem if you wanted to and you haven't.
chavala, riphamilton and boutela like this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:35 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by rjn21

Thanks. Is it helpful to you to post the url of the app store redirects - the links are huge, they seem to generate with seemingly 1000’s of random character elements?
Originally Posted by jrsinpdx

It is indeed. As you can see, jrs was able to post one that hides the complete URL in some text. I actually believe even if you just paste the entire URL by itself, our forum software will automatically shorten it with "..." in the middle.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:36 am
Administrator

Guys, we know it's Amazon ads on iOS. We need specific URLs to trace where the redirects are coming from. That said, thank you to everyone, even if you aren't posting a URL. More data to get these resolved is a good thing!

Last edited by IBobi; Mar 12, 2018 at 3:10 pm
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: WN, UA, AA

adds from cradjisucodes.club and igiftfruithampers.club make the site unusable on ipad. can't close popup; can't go back.

twitted at @FlyerTalk yesterday.

time to look for ways to block on ipad - sorry
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: WN, UA, AA
this is the offending URL:

popped up while browsing this thread:
Beside Hawaii and Mexico, where can you easily go from the left coast for a vacation?

but it happens when browsing any thread...
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:05 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
These aren't "amazon ads"

They're scammers who just use amazon as an intermediary.
IBJoel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.