New Member Posting Restriction [URL - link - image]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

As a brand new member, we want you to feel welcome to our frequent traveler community of over 600,000.

Some spammers also sign up and create spurious accounts to spam us, or spam our members privately without posting. We have found the most effective way to protect our members from unwanted spam include:

1) Allow new members a maximum of five posts a day initially. (We won’t reveal how many posts you must make to be released from this condition because we’d be giving it away to spammers, but it’s really not onerous.)

2) New members are not allowed to post web links, image links, URLs. If you attempt doing so, your post will be hidden temporarily until a Moderator can review and approve it.

3) New members can make new posts or start new threads, but some posts and new threads may be hidden temporarily and sent to the moderation queue for review and approval.

4) New members are restricted in how many Private Messages they can send initially. We have found a few have taken advantage of signing up for an account to spam members with PMs.

(If you encounter any glitches, such as a message warning you can’t post a URL but don’t have one in your proposed post, let us know here or contact a Moderator in the forum you’re trying to post in. A glitch existed for a short time, but we think it was fixed.)

We apologize for any frustration you might experience from this initial throttling back of your activity, knowing you might have a number of questions that brought you to establish an account, or that now that you’ve found us you’re enthusiastic and want to participate fully in our community. As you become more active, we also suspect you’ll appreciate how we value your privacy and protect you from unwanted spam.

The Administrators and Forum Co-Moderators

Print Wikipost

New Member Posting Restriction [URL - link - image]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by angelicious
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this - how do I become an established community member? How many posts in order to reach that? Help please.
Please constrain your posts regarding the same issue in a single thread (in this case, the one linked to above).

We do not openly reveal how many posts one must have to be able to send five PMs in one day, etc. for obvious reasons - some who are here to spam really want that information. But it’s not a terribly big number, so you’ll soon be a full member of the community.

Some functions do have higher requirements: editing Wikiposts requires 90 posts and 90 days, and The Coupon Connection requires 180/180, for example.

JDiver, Co-Moderator
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:10 pm

Trying to post but cannot

Hi,

Trying to post in Other European Airlines but getting message

"You are not allowed to post URLs until you have at least 5 posts"

Which is fine but my message does not have any URLs in it, just text and 2 images.
Could it be something in the images is being decoded as a URL maybe ???

andytw
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:11 pm

Images are considered URL(s).
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:20 pm

Aha thanks. I already had 2 posts, so this one should now be my fourth !

So with this being my fifth I'll have another crack at the original !

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 1, 2018 at 8:10 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts on same topic
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:03 pm

I have been trying to locate where the “button” is to post and can’t see it anywhere. I have posted last year about this time, and again in March, earlier this year, over 20 posts, but can’t remember how to do it as I am not on here often.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bigenna
I have been trying to locate where the “button” is to post and can’t see it anywhere. I have posted last year about this time, and again in March, earlier this year, over 20 posts, but can’t remember how to do it as I am not on here often.
1) To reply to your post, which will be moved to its own thread or a thread more related to your specific issue, I pressed / clicked on “Reply”.

2) To post and start a new thread (see below)

3) To reply to the thread and start a new post or quick post (see below)

4) To reply to a post or to reply to the thread with a “quick post” (see below)

JDiver, Co-Moderator
Attached Images    
IBobi likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:19 pm

Thanks. I couldn’t see the new thread link anywhere so I was hoping someone would notice my reply in the wrong place and move it. Thx
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:41 am

Is there any other way to post an image? I have an image I want to contribute in the BA Club Europe catering thread, but I can't right now.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:25 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Tourniquet
Is there any other way to post an image? I have an image I want to contribute in the BA Club Europe catering thread, but I can't right now.
You'll just need to post a little more, to be allowed to use URLs and photos. It's an anti-spam measure we have in place.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
You'll just need to post a little more, to be allowed to use URLs and photos. It's an anti-spam measure we have in place.
OK, thank you! After this just one more post.
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by Tourniquet; Oct 9, 2018 at 12:34 pm
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:50 am

Excuse me,

I am a newbie but I don't understand why this show up
You are not allowed to post URLs until you have at least 5 posts

but I don't even have any URL in my post.....
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:58 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Timothy0927
Excuse me,

I am a newbie but I don't understand why this show up
You are not allowed to post URLs until you have at least 5 posts

but I don't even have any URL in my post.....
Hi Timothy,

Sometimes this can happen if there are certain characters (such as "#") or symbols in a certain spot. Looks like you're at 5 posts now, though, so you should be all set.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
I'm having this same error

Im trying to get to 5 posts sorry

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 6, 2018 at 6:39 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
I'm having this same error
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
Im trying to get to 5 posts sorry
Post padding / a post run does not count
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: s
I am getting the same message, I can't reply, just testing here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.