Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

New Forum Layout / Design Feedback

New Forum Layout / Design Feedback

Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Gitangali
The site has too many flashing adds, loads very slowly and not giving the same pleasurable experience as before. Always go to mobile setting even if I disabled going to mobile in profile settings.
We have merged your comments into the existing thread in the Technical Support and Feedback forum.

Note that in this forum there are threads on some of the issues you describe (ads, defaulting to desktop, etc.) as well as this general thread.

JDiver, Co-Moderator
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gitangali
The site has too many flashing adds, loads very slowly and not giving the same pleasurable experience as before. Always go to mobile setting even if I disabled going to mobile in profile settings.

I suggest an ad blocker for that, some work better than others, but it makes sites more usable.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:24 pm

What was the reason for downgrade? Upgrade should be to improve things.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:31 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The awful highlighter yellow was not there at the switchover time iirc , so is not , I believe, something that is unbreakably tied to rest of the change
We can change it whatever. It was a black box and people hated that, so we changed to yellow, which is in the FT design palette.

All you have to do to get it switched to something else is... get consensus
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:34 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Any way to shut off the top bar from floating when I scroll? Seems like it, along with the bottom reply crap take up a lot of real estate on my screen.
Originally Posted by Grog
+100

This is the reason I avoided using FT for nearly a week. This really must be changed to a toggled option.
MyFlyerTalk
Edit Options
Check DISABLE INFINITE SCROLL
SAVE
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IBobi
We can change it whatever. It was a black box and people hated that, so we changed to yellow, which is in the FT design palette.

How about removing the background colour altogether until there is some consensus on whether there should be a background colour
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]

Exactly what consensus was gotten for any of the other design changes in the last few weeks? @:-)
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
MyFlyerTalk
Edit Options
SAVE
For gawd's sake, instead of making everyone miserable, just turn off infinite scroll for everyone. Has there been a single report of any FTer liking infinite scroll & saying oh thank you IB, thank you. Quick answer: no. Instead there are a multiple of complaints. And we all know customer service 101. For those who complain there are a hundred more (or in this case thousands) who hate it & just go elsewhere. Geesh. You (generic IB you, not you specifically; none of my comments are ever specific to you personally) have it within your control to eliminate one of the biggest complaints, yet you choose not to do so. Instead you prefer people to be unhappy. Please, please explain the rationale of that to me & others. We truly don't get it.

Cheers.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

Really? With a quick search I find 13 posts referencing "Thread Starter" in the other main thread.

A few of those were after the yellow change. Of the pre-yellow-change posts, precisely one post seems to dislike the white-text-on black color scheme specifically. One other post noted that it used to be white-text-on-blue without stating any particular opinion on the new black scheme. The remainder of posts focus on disliking the change from the common term "Original Poster" to "Thread Starter" without mentioning the black color scheme in particular.

The posts in this thread referencing the Thread Starter feature all seem to be after the yellow change.

So if anything, it is the change in terminology that folks dislike in particular. I'd venture to guess that no one would be opposed to returning the color scheme to the old blue one - along with returning to OP, but just my two cents.

But there is one feature that seems to have a lot of negative feedback, that being infinite scroll set as a default.
Dave Noble, SkeptiCallie and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
MyFlyerTalk
Edit Options
SAVE
Thank you. Infinite scroll is something that really bothered me and I would never have found this without you mentioning it,
Gnopps likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Disable infinite scroll by default

I really suggest that infinte scroll be turned off by default, it is great for those who like it but for the most of us it just a major pia. For example scrolling up to wiki or even to read a post a few rows up messes up the whole screen and you need to search to find where you were before.
BearX220 and Great_circle like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

...get consensus
the consensus is the majority of us do not like the new layout, colour, size, font etc. Why can't you guys see that?
Buster, DenverBrian, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:44 pm

The new layout is horrible.

With a fixed reply/page navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, an awkward "table of contents" bar that pops up at the top of the screens, and fixed-picture and video adverts popping up all over the screen (that, more often than not, cause my computer to freeze), FT has become a completely jumbled and unreadable mess.

On the opening page of any thread, well over 2/3rds of the screen is filled with ads and meaningless navigational "aids."

Why I am still here and even posting is beyond me (heck, I can barely even type out this message with all of the idiotic "auto-saves" and, presumably, ads that temporarily freeze my screen). I must be enamored with inflicting aggravation upon myself.

So I give up.

Well done, FT and IB. You've taken a product that was once great and the leader of its "industry," and completely made it unviewable and, by extension, unusable.

You won't miss me when I'm gone, and I probably won't miss you much either. But if you ever wanted to know why I left, feel free to read this post over and over and over again.

And then feel free to ignore it, just like you have done with everyone else's comments too.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
There are 2 different versions of 'My flyertalk' now, the old and trusted white text with darkblue background and a new one in the new (far less pleasant) light blue background. Will the new one eventually replace the old version? I hope not, as the new version has completely different menu options and I'm shure many readers/members are very familiar with the options that are available under the old menu.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI

I don't believe there was user consensus behind any of the "enhancements" (usability downgrades) just implemented.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.