1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
From the Wiki:

• Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

???

I thought it was the Standard Editor that was no longer being supported. Or did I miss something in this thread about this?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:19 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
From the Wiki:

• Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)
???

I thought it was the Standard Editor that was no longer being supported. Or did I miss something in this thread about this?
The wikipost has some bad info. You are right -- the default editor now, which is supported but lacks some of the features of the previous version, is the Enhanced Interface -- full CKeditor editing. The wiki means to tell people how to restore the old editor, which IS the "Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls" and is not supported (and may look odd).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL GM
I can't stop laughing at the hilarity of this thread being given a wiki telling people how they can reverse the changes that no one asked for to begin with. This is a level of tone deaf absurdity generally reserved for government work.
Kremmen, lo2e, DenverBrian and 6 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

Way to go IB. Your designers are amazing.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Way to go IB. Your designers are amazing.
Your username looks great, too
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have you both disabled the infinite scroll default setting?
Myflyertalk
edit options
Disable Infinite Scroll

(know one from IB has explained why default is on)
I have not found “edit options” when using Safarai or Chrome on my iPad Pro2.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:49 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I am delighted to report that as of last night "My Threads' had reappeared, and worked perfectly. Strangely, today, if I hit "My Threads" is go to my recent posts. Compensation is the fact that if I click on 'My Posts".......you guessed, it goes to my previous threads. Ever onward.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by squeeler
I am delighted to report that as of last night "My Threads' had reappeared, and worked perfectly. Strangely, today, if I hit "My Threads" is go to my recent posts. Compensation is the fact that if I click on 'My Posts".......you guessed, it goes to my previous threads. Ever onward.
Reversed for me, too. BUT, I don't find it working perfectly - it's still only threads I started, not participated in, as mentioned upstream.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by squeeler
Probably due to this (use the quote [>] link to read back through the saga):

Originally Posted by Mickidon
​​​​​​​Exactly….what it used to be, which isn't this.
@IBobi, these links seem to be being changed / hacked to whatever someone thinks they should be, rather than back to what they were which ought to be clearly defined and traceable. If they're being allowed to do that without any form of checking or testing its no surprise that the whole site has got into a tangle .
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBobi
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
@IBobi, I'll try again. As an FYI, I wrote it on my phone which is such a poor experience that it's just too hard to wordsmith things (due to the way the cursor position drops below the visible text area leaving one guessing what is being typed) .

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I used desktop mode on my phone before the upgrade. After I it the increased CPU and I suspect memory consumption has made it unusable as it will crash every time.
Before the upgrade the mobile skin was hard to use, so I set "Never use mobile" and used desktop on my phone. That was a much better experience, although in the weeks before the upgrade became prone to crashing every so often. After the upgrade the desktop view will always crash out on my phone, which doesn't greatly surprise me given the CPU / memory strain that the same mode places on a full-spec laptop. Hence the suggestion to use desktop mode on phone is not feasible now.

If I'm seeing the right behaviour why can't I scroll upwards into a thread that I open at its end?
Now that you've explained that I must be seeing infinite scroll on the mobile skin because it can't be disabled that clears up me wondering if I was seeing some strange hybrid "mobile but not scrolling" mode. Given that, I don't understand why when I jump to the final page of a thread from the thread index by using the "last page" chevron I can only see that page unless I use the text box to enter an earlier page number. I can't just scroll back a page. I'd have thought that infinite scroll meant in both directions.
Sopwith likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
On my phone SG7 Android, some of the right side bar ads don't stay put/anchored (currently Hyatt ad) they float over the page when I scroll right or left or soon covering up thread conversation. Not all ads, but most.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Will someone please disable the infinite scroll when not signed in? It simply doesn't work and really screws up the usability on mobile devices. Hello? Hello?
SLC_IAH likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:59 pm

Now that you've explained that I must be seeing infinite scroll on the mobile skin because it can't be disabled that clears up me wondering if I was seeing some strange hybrid "mobile but not scrolling" mode. Given that, I don't understand why when I jump to the final page of a thread from the thread index by using the "last page" chevron I can only see that page unless I use the text box to enter an earlier page number. I can't just scroll back a page. I'd have thought that infinite scroll meant in both directions.
I;m still not clear on what you are reporting. Please begin with: this is what device, browser and skin I am viewing FT on. Then give me click by click instructions on how to reproduce your issue. Screen shots are always appreciated!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by dorisrpas
On my phone SG7 Android, some of the right side bar ads don't stay put/anchored (currently Hyatt ad) they float over the page when I scroll right or left or soon covering up thread conversation. Not all ads, but most.
This issue has been reported. Thank you. In the meantime, you might try using the mobile skin, which does not have this issue.

Originally Posted by Sopwith
Will someone please disable the infinite scroll when not signed in? It simply doesn't work and really screws up the usability on mobile devices. Hello? Hello?
If you can describe this in more detail than "doesn't work" it might help us to help you. IS is not going to be disabled, so the best course is to resolve specific issues as reported, thank you.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
"My posts" doesn't seem quite like it was before the change. Is that deliberate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.