1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
How do I get to the trending topics page now? It used to be that clicking the 'Flyertalk Forums' link above the 'MyFlyerTalk' link took me there, but now it just takes my to the forum list. I can't find a link to it anywhere.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:30 pm

So is there an option to revert to the old skin after yet another needless "upgrade" that makes the site look worse?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Quoting myself here, apologies

Originally Posted by Smiley90
One more: on mobile, the left menu bar used to contain a "new posts" button/option that's now gone. Can we get that back? I actually liked using it and that functionality on mobile now isn't really the anymore
Anything on this? I miss it

Originally Posted by Smiley90
2) The quick links menu in the top right - the last option/line :"User Tagging Statistics Hashtag SubscriptionsPost Reporting Your post reports" is a) terribly formatted (is that really all supposed to be one line?) and b) has terrible line/gap spacing, it's completely snug to the box sides, whereas none of the other options are. That can't be intentional.
It looks like the formatting on this is a bit better (it's now a link to "your post reports", but it still hugs the box too tightly. see here: the formatting still needs more work!

Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
How do I see the list of threads I've posted in?

I used to click on "quick links" and then "my threads" I think. Now I don't see that option.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by IBobi
They're blue.
They look like a pale teal to me on my MacBook Pro Retina, 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display and 30" Apple Cinema Display.
R,G,B = 116, 174, 201 in Photoshop.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jphripjah
How do I see the list of threads I've posted in?

I used to click on "quick links" and then "my threads" I think. Now I don't see that option.

OK I found it. I have to go to the arrow next to my name in top right corner and then click on "my recent posts"

When I figured it out, I cam back to this thread to give this update. I had to scroll through 400+ posts to get to the end to see my last post and quote it. How do I stop that, why would anyone ever want to scroll through 400+ posts?

EDIT: Disable infinite scroll in MyFlyerTalk . Got it.

Put me down as not liking the change
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Go to this page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Scroll like 2/3s down and click "Disable Infinite Scroll" Then scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes"
I’m on safari, iOS11. The option to disable infinite scroll doesn’t exist when I click on the link. In other news, I can’t see what I’m typing because the cursor keeps jumping to a place hidden by the toolbar as seen in this attachment:

Originally Posted by SQ88
I’m using FT on mobile to read trip reports that are extremely image heavy (think SFO777). Ever since the upgrade, every time I scroll up one line, the previous 1 or 2 page will load, taking up a massive amount of mobile data when I’m not on wifi. I also experienced this phenomenon in other sub forums such as this one.

Also, when I open a TR and jump to the previous page I was reading (I.e. skip to page 6), it takes a really long time to start loading images on that page, leading me to think that pages 1-5 are loading in the background as well but I could be wrong about this.

I’m not sure if it’s an enhancement thats designed to happen or a bug. Either way, I’m not sure it’s necessarily a positive change in most parts of the world where we do not have unlimited mobile data plans.
Originally Posted by C W
This is happening to me as well, except the scroll up triggering additional page loads also jumps me back 1-3 pages and I lose my place.
In addition to my previous feedback, which was never replied to or addressed, I’m encountering the same issues as C W as well. Even when scrolling this help thread.

Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Hi there. If you could be a little more specific, it might help. I don't see any green on any page at all, for instance. This is what is looks like for me -- does it look different for you? Perhaps use our new Photo Uploader to post a screen shot

It looks very turquoise on iPhone X running iOS11.1 with True Tone on. Looks more green to me.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Pocalypse
How do I get to the trending topics page now? It used to be that clicking the 'Flyertalk Forums' link above the 'MyFlyerTalk' link took me there, but now it just takes my to the forum list. I can't find a link to it anywhere.
Here is the link if you want to bookmark it to access it directly: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trending.php

That page is typically how I access FT so seeing it apparently completely disappear is odd, especially when up until a few hours ago clicking the Forum button did take you to the Trending Threads page. Now it does not and there is no direct link to it anywhere else on the forum or even on the FT main page. Just another baffling decision.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I do have to say that IE11 hates these forums. 27 crashes due to long running script errors on this page alone in 2-3 minutes.
Chrome seems fine with it though.

Added: It seems connected to the adverts that load at the side of the page. Every time it tries to load one, I get the script error.
No apparent issues with any other placements.
RumPatrol likes this.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 17, 2017 at 1:49 am
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
They look like a pale teal to me on my MacBook Pro Retina, 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display and 30" Apple Cinema Display.
R,G,B = 116, 174, 201 in Photoshop.
That RGB is 41% blue, 35% green and 24% red so it really should not be teal. Is this another white and gold or blue and black dress thing? Out of curiosity, does the color swatch below match the colors at the top/bottom of the forum? Is it the pale teal you describe?

I will say that none of the RGBs that have been posted for that color are web safe, so it should probably be changed either way. The web safe version of this color is RGB 102, 153, 204, which should look like this:

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Scrolling on a topic listing page is very slow on the desktop site using an iPhone and safari. Running iOS 11.1 on both a iPhone 6 and iPhone X. It slows down when I zoom the page in.

Stutters on my 2017 iPad Pro too.

Last edited by GoSh4rks; Nov 17, 2017 at 1:16 am
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
I hope Trendy Topics never comes back to FT Home ...

Originally Posted by Pocalypse
How do I get to the trending topics page now?.
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
That page is typically how I access FT so seeing it apparently completely disappear is odd, <snip> no direct link to it anywhere else on the forum or even on the FT main page.
I personally think it's the most wonderful change, not having to see the space-hogging trending topics first whenever I visit FT. I say that's about the only thing I like about this down/up-grade, kicking it out of Forum Home.

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Bugs are functions that are not working as designed. That's not the same thing as a complaint about something that is working as designed, and someone just doesn't like it.
How do users learn which is which?
Not sure if that's a bug since we are having conflicting views between bugs and preferences.

However, if it were a bug, please do not fix this particular bug. I don't mind if one of the dropdown menu provides a direct link to it though.

Last edited by lin821; Nov 17, 2017 at 1:32 am
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
That RGB is 41% blue, 35% green and 24% red so it really should not be teal. Is this another white and gold or blue and black dress thing? Out of curiosity, does the color swatch below match the colors at the top/bottom of the forum? Is it the pale teal you describe?

I will say that none of the RGBs that have been posted for that color are web safe, so it should probably be changed either way. The web safe version of this color is RGB 102, 153, 204, which should look like this:

Top is close.

What's interesting is I'm checking in AI this morning and my AI shows the same 104/173/202 that PPT shows for my screen shot of the page but on the actual page it still maps closer to the top swatch.

The top swatch in AI does show up for me as 116/174/201

Last edited by Duke787; Nov 17, 2017 at 2:13 am
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by xenole
I do have to say that IE11 hates these forums. 27 crashes due to long running script errors on this page alone in 2-3 minutes.
Chrome seems fine with it though.

Added: It seems connected to the adverts that load at the side of the page. Every time it tries to load one, I get the script error.
No apparent issues with any other placements.
Sitting down at one of my machine to try and review why it works well but my other Windows device doesn't has led to the realisation that it has IE11 Tracking Protection enabled. I'd always thought it gave a smoother experience because it was a more powerful machine. So it seems to be ads rather than core content.

I think I said it upthread but there has been no comment by @IBobi or others who might know... One of the design goals of the new skins appears to be to add more ads to the page. I suspect that where (say) 3 used to make for "lumpy" browsing there are now 5 and that pushes things over the edge. This may be due to the way different browsers allow scripts to run, browser specific code that hogs resources, etc. hence the difference with Chrome.

I'm also wondering if there is some new real estate fight going on along the lines of:
  • Page loaded
  • Page chunk A thinks "better redraw myself"
  • Page chunk B thinks "better redraw myself"
  • Page chunk A thinks "Hmm, chunk B might be in a better place then me now - I'd better redraw just in case"
  • Page chunk B thinks "Hmm, chunk A might be in a better place then me now - I'd better redraw just in case"
  • Page chunk C thinks "I'd better..."
  • Page chunk B thinks "I'd better..."
  • etc
RumPatrol likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.