1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:10 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by allturnleft

Example of ad scrolling across post; it moves as you scroll across
OK, yeah, are you on the desktop version while on mobile, as it looks like? I can talk to tech about this, but no guarantees, as I believe it's not directly supported.

Does the ad stay in the middle if you zoom out?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
OK, yeah, are you on the desktop version while on mobile, as it looks like? I can talk to tech about this, but no guarantees, as I believe it's not directly supported.

Does the ad stay in the middle if you zoom out?
Same here. Ad moves with zooming.

Using mobile version is a non-starter for me.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Also on web version on mobile I am not able to access the thread page numbers once inside the thread
the top bar is fixed and I cant get above it to access the origin of the thread or the thread page numbers
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Other than changes in the area of displaying images, everything else seems to be fixing problems that nobody had while introducing change for the sake of change.

One bug I've noticed (it may have already been mentioned, but I'm not about to read through 500 posts to see if it's there) is that links to specific posts, such as those that go out in emails informing thread subscribers of a new post, don't work properly. The top few lines of the post are hidden under the page header and the breadcrumb trail to the thread. You have to scroll the thread down to read the post you went to see. While I realize that scrolling down every time I get a notification email pales in comparison with the time I waste getting coffee, it impacts the user experience.

If you can't go back to the previous version, which a quick scan of posts here suggests is what most people would like you to do, at least fix that.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:26 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by allturnleft
Also on web version on mobile I am not able to access the thread page numbers once inside the thread
the top bar is fixed and I cant get above it to access the origin of the thread or the thread page numbers
Do you have Infinite Scroll disabled in MyFlyerTalk? I re-enabled it on desktop to see and it does shift page numbers to a bottom bar.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:28 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Efrem
Other than changes in the area of displaying images, everything else seems to be fixing problems that nobody had while introducing change for the sake of change.

One bug I've noticed (it may have already been mentioned, but I'm not about to read through 500 posts to see if it's there) is that links to specific posts, such as those that go out in emails informing thread subscribers of a new post, don't work properly. The top few lines of the post are hidden under the page header and the breadcrumb trail to the thread. You have to scroll the thread down to read the post you went to see. While I realize that scrolling down every time I get a notification email pales in comparison with the time I waste getting coffee, it impacts the user experience.

If you can't go back to the previous version, which a quick scan of posts here suggests is what most people would like you to do, at least fix that.
Efrem, we are currently working on this and it can also be solved by turning off Infinite Scroll in MyFlyerTalk.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Guys, this is literally unusable.

wrp96, jaysona, ursine1 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Got this a second ago when attempting to access this forum:

And: Uploader gone.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:37 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Guys, this is literally unusable.
Sean, What device are you on and which site skin?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:38 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by florens
Got this a second ago when attempting to access this forum:

And: Uploader gone.
Tech is currently fixing some stuff, thus causing that short outage.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Sean, What device are you on and which site skin?
MacBook pro, 13" retina, 2015, using chrome, almost full screen, OSX 10.13.2. Chrome Version 62.0.3202.89 (Official Build) (64-bit). Site was 100% fine from 3am - 9am MST today, but at 3:30pm MST (just around the screen shot time) is when it all went to hell. No special skin, whatever the default is.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Efrem, we are currently working on this and it can also be solved by turning off Infinite Scroll in MyFlyerTalk.
That's great for the people that do that, but we can't assume that everyone will, so can no longer use it as a direct link to posts.

Not everyone that reads Flyertalk will even have an account.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:47 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
It is more or less fixed now; you MAY get sent to mobile for 1 page, and after that it ought to send you to the desktop site.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Yay
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IBobi
It is more or less fixed now; you MAY get sent to mobile for 1 page, and after that it ought to send you to the desktop site.
I have "Forum Skin" set to Forum Default and "Never use mobile" set. I still get Mobile One listed as the format at the bottom in the drop-down menu, even though it's actually using FT Desktop NG.

Last edited by Kremmen; Nov 16, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.