1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:25 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by arlflyer
How do users learn which is which?
Haha fair enough. Broadly, something like "I don't like this new menu bar" is very likely just a style preference. "The reply box isn't showing up when I hut Quick Reply" is likely a bug. There is some gray area to be sure. Give it some time and it'll all suss out.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by arlflyer
How do users learn which is which?
Spot on and I have asked exactly the same!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:28 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I have asked 2 questions whether something is a bug or deliberate (ie. WAD) - if you don't answer that then I don't know if it is supposed to work that way or not do I? It's nothing to do with whether I like it or not (I don't but that is not the point here)

So, for clarity, can you answer these:

Post reply is left justifying - bug or WAD?

Reply box - font size has been decreased (I may have said stupid small before which is what it is) - bug or WAD?
Joel was working with you on this. He'll get back to you.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:29 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
@Silver Fox
Please see my post here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29068066-post408.html
Is this what you're seeing, in terms of a left-justified Reply Box? If it is not, please post a screenshot. Is your browser in fullscreen mode?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C W
IB deleted both the poll in this thread and the new thread poll.
Apparently going back is not an option.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Could someone PLEASE remove the "I Voted" badge from my profile?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
I’m using FT on mobile to read trip reports that are extremely image heavy (think SFO777). Ever since the upgrade, every time I scroll up one line, the previous 1 or 2 page will load, taking up a massive amount of mobile data when I’m not on wifi. I also experienced this phenomenon in other sub forums such as this one.

Also, when I open a TR and jump to the previous page I was reading (I.e. skip to page 6), it takes a really long time to start loading images on that page, leading me to think that pages 1-5 are loading in the background as well but I could be wrong about this.

I’m not sure if it’s an enhancement thats designed to happen or a bug. Either way, I’m not sure it’s necessarily a positive change in most parts of the world where we do not have unlimited mobile data plans.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:34 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by RichMSN
Could someone PLEASE remove the "I Voted" badge from my profile?
Should be gone, now.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:35 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by SQ88
I’m using FT on mobile to read trip reports that are extremely image heavy (think SFO777). Ever since the upgrade, every time I scroll up one line, the previous 1 or 2 page will load, taking up a massive amount of mobile data when I’m not on wifi. I also experienced this phenomenon in other sub forums such as this one.

Also, when I open a TR and jump to the previous page I was reading (I.e. skip to page 6), it takes a really long time to start loading images on that page, leading me to think that pages 1-5 are loading in the background as well but I could be wrong about this.

I’m not sure if it’s an enhancement thats designed to happen or a bug. Either way, I’m not sure it’s necessarily a positive change in most parts of the world where we do not have unlimited mobile data plans.
This is happening to me as well, except the scroll up triggering additional page loads also jumps me back 1-3 pages and I lose my place.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by IBJoel
@Silver Fox
Is this what you're seeing, in terms of a left-justified Reply Box? If it is not, please post a screenshot. Is your browser in fullscreen mode?
Precisely that. And it is fullscreen.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by IBJoel
In case it's been overlooked, may I please mention this post (including screenshot): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29067841-post380.html

That was not in fullscreen.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:42 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Precisely that. And it is fullscreen.
I have reported this to our tech team. It may be as designed.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
Haha fair enough. Broadly, something like "I don't like this new menu bar" is very likely just a style preference. "The reply box isn't showing up when I hut Quick Reply" is likely a bug. There is some gray area to be sure. Give it some time and it'll all suss out.
The following best reflects my thoughts on this:

Originally Posted by Sopwith
With respect, I don't think this is something you're going to be able to fix by addressing bugs. It's broken way beyond that. My suggestion is that someone needs to step back and look at this from a higher level.
Even putting aside all the horrible but intentional design decisions--and there are plenty of those, starting with the proliferation of navigation bars & menus at the top of each page--there's a profound failure of basic beta-testing.

The misfeatures and dysfunctions I and others found within minutes or hours of using the new UI would, in the main, have been easily caught by an IB employee doing what we're doing: using the [expletive] site for normal activity. The fact that this wasn't done, or was done in the most half-[anatomy'ed] manner, presumably arises from the same failure to understand what FT users want, like, and need from the service. So instead of responsible adults researching possible changes, implementing them thoughtfully, and then testing them before they're rolled out on the production servers, we have a festival of bug reports, recrimination (fully justified), and extremely unhappy users.

Remarkably, ham-handed gaffes from the previous round of "updates" are still alive and well in the UI. I asked months ago what the difference is between a "tag" and a "mention" & was told they're the same, but there are still two independent check-boxes doing God knows what:

In short, W T F?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:43 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Globaliser
In case it's been overlooked, may I please mention this post (including screenshot): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29067841-post380.html

That was not in fullscreen.
OK, that's way more room. I'll report that, as it looks like a separate issue.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:44 pm

I do like the infinite scroll. However, I find the ability to go back to the board when in a thread not showing up at the top until I go to the post on the "previous page." I'd prefer if the menu at the top didn't disappear when I scrolled down as it's not really intuitive on how to get back unless I scroll up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.