1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite

When clicking on forums here on mobile the view changes to desktop view instead of mobile view.

Edit. Pictures insert above the text in mobile.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:02 am

Linked text broken into multiple lines

Sentences with text that has been hyperlinked is being broken into multiple lines. For an example, see the last paragraph of my post here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29067816-post138.html

@IBJoel
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Facebook login doesn't work. Not through the old button or the new login popup from the top banner. You should also have a list of known bugs here.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:05 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by beltway
Perhaps I'm just dismembering , but I think things have been like this for quite some time:
I rely on the subscriptions page every day to manage my FT use & have never found the "unsubscribe" links inconveniently placed. That said, it would be easy enough to move the unsub link flush right in the box to provide separation from other page elements:

Beltway and Kiwi, I can see how that's kind of annoying and a slip of the finger/mouse could click the wrong thing. I don't think it will happen immediately, but definitely something I can ask to be done.

Last edited by IBJoel; Nov 16, 2017 at 11:12 am
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Trustguy
I'm using IE11 to try and view this mess, but it keeps locking up on me. The few times I actually am able to view things, the layout is just so darn scattered, that it really makes it undesirable to read.

I guess it's back to the other site for the time being until this monstrosity gets repaired.
See above (if you care to wade through it all ) as to how I had the same, but blocking ads has fixed it. Part of this thread suggests that a key rationale for the change is to increase the ad space, and I suspect that the increased number and / or inter-ad management has just become a bit too much for the typical i7, 8GB memory platform to deal with .
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by xenole
Constant lock ups due to script errors in IE11.
Sometimes every few seconds in this thread especially.

Works fine on my phone although the forum selection page looks like the desktop rather than the mobile version.

Can have the same advert stacked twice at the top of the screen and again at the bottom.

Generally prefer the old look. Too much like British Airways' lipstick on a pig upgrade recently.
1. Having similar issues and overall very slooow loading on IE11.

2. Also on IE11, multi-quote function does not work at all (just loads up a blank reply box without any of the selected posts). Worked OK on Chrome last night (will check later today).
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:09 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by florens

When clicking on forums here on mobile the view changes to desktop view instead of mobile view.

Edit. Pictures insert above the text in mobile.
Working on the mobile switching to Trending Forums, investigating mobile photos
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:11 am
Administrator

Testing mobile photo upload

Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:12 am

For IE users, if you press Ctrl+Shift+U it should bring up a little box showing some performance stats. I was seeing ~40 network connections before zapping ads. Are you seeing the same?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:14 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by florens
Not here still. On mobile! And I cannot remove a space left of the [ quote bracket on mobile. The cursor won't go further left than on [.
Are you using the mobile or desktop skin? I was unable to reproduce on either
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Testing mobile photo upload

That's a beautiful sunset, and pretty much life size on my screen. Are you testing upload, or whether it renders sensibly?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
What browser are you using? And desktop or mobile? I was able to post a photo URL from wikipedia OK, but want to test more. Were you using Quick Reply or Advanced?
I've tried it in Chrome and IE desktop, and I've tried both the Quick Reply and Advanced. Neither will allow me to paste a URL in the field. When I try to type a URL it deletes everything after I type more than one character.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:20 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Howste
I've tried it in Chrome and IE desktop, and I've tried both the Quick Reply and Advanced. Neither will allow me to paste a URL in the field. When I try to type a URL it deletes everything after I type more than one character.
Did copy/paste work for you?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Jagboi
Are there extra scripts or something running on the new version of FT? It's quite noticeably slower to load pages than the old version and posting replies are much slower as well.I'd estimate 3-4X slower than the previous version.
I suspect that the new, clever Quick Reply area is implicated. I often see it snap into view when a "this site is terribly sloooowwww" message retires, as if the script managing it has finally stopped hogging cycles. I don't thik it's too bad on its own, but when fighting for time with all the ad ware it becomes a part of the bottleneck.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Did copy/paste work for you?
Nope. That's the first thing I tried.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.