1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Unusable. Horrible. I'm out of here. So long, folks.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
The only way they will listen is if people stop posting. This reminds me of the days of Netscape and your first steps with playing around with code and thinking "I just need to pass this test, so long as it works I really do not care what it looks like, it does what it says".

Response to issues are selective which defies belief in this day and age of supposedly continuous improvement.

For instance, the font size in this reply box is ridiculously small now - what was the design rationale behind changing it? Can it be changed back as that would be a start.

And the reply screen sometimes left adjusts, and sometimes centres itself depending on which button I click on to reply.

The clutter at the top of the screen and the moving around of things is irritating but like toothache I guess I will have to get used to it.

But really IB, this is coding 101.

It really does beggar belief. I bet the mods are working overtime too.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by IBJoel
This is correct. You should also disable the sticky bars, this way.
We shouldn't have to disable infinite scroll when we already disabled it very quickly after it was first added.

Disabled it, again, >_<

Now to do something about that ugly header bar. New, better, skin please. The old one was fine the way it was.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Can you bring back the 'my posts' under the quick links?
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
This whole thing sucks. I'm not even going to mention why it sucks, because there's no way to fix it. The only possible improvement is to go back to the previous format and for the people that brought us this monstrosity to rethink everything from the ground up, hopefully spending so much time that they never get the chance to do anything else again.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Oh dear! Cannot get any Flyertalk page to load (including home page) on my usual Chrome browser - it reports 'Bad Request - your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Reverting to Internet Explorer and the new look is .... Horrid! Jerky, jumping, scroll, constant freezes, 'long running script' warnings, swamped by oversize adverts that take ages to load and so on. Navigation is difficult 'cos of the above - no longer a pleasant reading experience.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:04 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
IB folks, I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again:

If you really want to roll out a new feature, design, or whatever, please please please make them OPT IN instead of OPT OUT. Even if the new thing is going to become mandatory some time, it is better to let anyone who WANTS to try it out do so first, then push it to everyone later. This will result in much less flame headed your way when things inevitably don't go well in the rollout. At least if we know going into an experiment that it's an experiment and there might be bugs, we're more willing to work with you to make it better!

I'm sure, like many other posts in this thread, that this response will fall on deaf ears and you will never do it this way. But I sure hope someone will actually seriously consider this, because you're going to lose far more users than you gain by making (in my opinion) stupid decisions like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Is it really necessary to have two ads at the top of the page?
This is what it looks like in IE11 (not my normal browser):

Even worse in my normal browser, Firefox v57. The threads don't start until 2/3 down the screen!

DenverBrian likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Even though I complained, after a bit of tweaking, so far so good.

Still don't get the yellow "auto-saved" and it disappears.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Himeno
We shouldn't have to disable infinite scroll when we already disabled it very quickly after it was first added.

Disabled it, again, >_<

Now to do something about that ugly header bar. New, better, skin please. The old one was fine the way it was.
I agree about infinite scroll. I'd disabled it initially.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Cluster One
Is it really necessary to have two ads at the top of the page?
Ah, so you are getting a double dose of tires/tyres too, eh? Thought it was just me

And why, when I first went to write this reply, was the text entry box only about 3 inches wide, but now (editing comment) it is full-width?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Not sure if Admin is still reading this but I can't log in with FB, and also the Google ads are over lapping & covering the content of the thread.
Even after closing the ads (there are always 2 at once), it still pops up!
Frustrating indeed.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I've asked tech to reinstate "My Threads". I am unfamiliar with "My Content". Did that bookmark favorite articles or articles you commented on?
It was actually "my posts".

Both of them went to threads I posted into but "my posts" went to, well, my posts and the list was in the order of posts I made. My threads have shown the latest posts in whatever thread I have ever posted into which put the more popular mega threads always on top even if my posts were years ago and I was no longer interested.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Kremmen
I have "Never go to Mobile Skin" set. Every window of FT I just opened came up in "Mobile One" format.

(Firefix 52.1.1 ESR.)
Me too. Firefox 57 on a Windows 10 laptop.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Ah, so you are getting a double dose of tires/tyres too, eh? Thought it was just me
I'm getting double doses of AMEX. Actually triple if you count the Delta SkyMiles AMEX on the right side of the page that on my iPad (but not Chrome) sometimes blocks some of the text.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.