1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBobi
If you can whip up some consensus...
@IBobi, I've read through things again and can't see anywhere that anyone agreed it had gone back to what they wanted during the various changes to My Threads, or explicitly asking for anything else. There is a bit of chatter around where Posts / Threads was swapped that may look like acceptance, but I'm not sure that poster had long enough to spot what had really landed when hinting they were happy.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:28 pm

Unfortunately I have found that flyertalk has the most content-heavy ads which really slow down the page.

I would love to remove my adblocker for flyertalk, but not till the ads are just image-based ads instead of all the videos and gifs which make page loading slower.
lupine and Lost like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by Fredd
In fairness, after complaints by many including me, that has very recently been restored. Check it out.
Wow thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ckendall
Wow thanks!
^^
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
@IBobi, I've read through things again and can't see anywhere that anyone agreed it had gone back to what they wanted during the various changes to My Threads, or explicitly asking for anything else. There is a bit of chatter around where Posts / Threads was swapped that may look like acceptance, but I'm not sure that poster had long enough to spot what had really landed when hinting they were happy.
If you need more consensus whipped up, I totally agree with everything Esher has said.
Silver Fox and IBobi like this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Liberal use of the "like" button for EsherFlyer is in order !
IBobi likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:14 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Using Chrome on iPhone and the mobile skin every time I type a reply the text editor jumps to being scrolled so that I can’t see what I’m typing.

Please see screenshot.
travelmad478 and florens like this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:57 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
This is really a thread best suited for our tech support forum, and I'll most it there now.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:10 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Been a few reports of this already in another thread which admin are looking into.

S

Originally Posted by C W
Using Chrome on iPhone and the mobile skin every time I type a reply the text editor jumps to being scrolled so that I can’t see what I’m typing.

Please see screenshot.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:16 pm

An excellent example came up today where by using the top-right Profile-drop / My Recent Posts an old thread that someone has just posted to but I haven't for a while didn't appear. Luckily, I have that above URL bookmarked so that I can use it periodically to see what the "official" links are now missing.
@IBobi, in case it helps here's an example of the two sets of results. I'm still interested in reading some of the threads that appear here (original My Threads link):

That aren't included here because I haven't posted for 90 or more days (new My Recent Posts link):

Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:40 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Since @IBxAnders has chimed in directly, and he's the one who would actually implement a change, he's the one to lobby. Let's see if he has a reply to your post above...
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Liberal use of the "like" button for EsherFlyer is in order !
I have to agree. Absolutely exemplary issue reports.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by C W

Please see screenshot.
It's been reported to tech. A fix should come in the next software patch, no ETA.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:47 pm
Administrator

Programs: SPG
EsherFlyer, regarding the labels, you just tell me how you'd like them and what the exact text should be and we can change that quickly.

On the screenshot you provided, you said something about 90 days - which is now more confusing and concerning, are you saying that the label takes you to the correct screen but you think older 90+ day threads are not displaying even though you posted in them 90+ days ago?
IBobi likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
EsherFlyer, regarding the labels, you just tell me how you'd like them and what the exact text should be and we can change that quickly.

On the screenshot you provided, you said something about 90 days - which is now more confusing and concerning, are you saying that the label takes you to the correct screen but you think older 90+ day threads are not displaying even though you posted in them 90+ days ago?
Rather than dive in give me a wee while to post a suggestion that can get that concencus and closure that we'd all like to have.

On the 90 day thing, what I mean is that the new "My Recent Posts" link gives a desirable threads (rather than posts) view but has a filter on it, so that it won't show a thread where another user has just posted unless you've participated in the last 90 days. The old "My Threads" did not have that filter, and hence was more useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.