1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:15 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
"My posts" doesn't seem quite like it was before the change. Is that deliberate?
There seems to be a lack of consensus on what that links used to do.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
"My posts" doesn't seem quite like it was before the change. Is that deliberate?
Originally Posted by IBobi
There seems to be a lack of consensus on what that links used to do.
For me
"Myposts" in Quicklinks shows my threads
"Mytheads" in Quicklinks shows my posts
"Myposts" in the top pull down by user name shows my posts ^
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K

If you can describe this in more detail than "doesn't work" it might help us to help you. IS is not going to be disabled, so the best course is to resolve specific issues as reported, thank you.
1. Very slow to load.
2. When I go to the last page of a multi-page thread and scroll to the last post I read, start reading, after a few seconds it jumps back a couple of pages. Scroll down to when I was, start reading again, and after a few seconds it jumps back a couple of pages. At that point I give up and go to another site.
3. When I pinch to zoom the ads expand left to cover the content. I can only use it without zooming. This doesnt work on an iPhone because the type is too small to read.
4. A problem occurred with this page so it was reloaded. Constantly.

Happens on iPad and iPhone. Note that none of this happened before the upgrade.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, Wait I have an Ambassador?, National Exe. Elite, AA Gold, UA Silver
I think the new update broke the mobile experience, again.
Before the upgrade I could browse everything in DESKTOP mode while on my phone with chrome by having the "request desktop site" checked on my browser, default style set to desktop on my account, and infinite scroll disabled.

After the update the site just revert back to the <redacted> that is FT mobile every time I click on something (including going into account settings and clicking on the "never show mobile skin" checkbox, ironically). Please fix it, or revert back to the previous version. Maybe fire the team in charge of the update too.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 5, 2017 at 7:29 am Reason: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#offensive
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
For me
"Myposts" in Quicklinks shows my threads
"Mytheads" in Quicklinks shows my posts
"Myposts" in the top pull down by user name shows my posts ^
@IBobi - the above quote sums it up quite nicely.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by dorisrpas
On my phone SG7 Android, some of the right side bar ads don't stay put/anchored (currently Hyatt ad) they float over the page when I scroll right or left or soon covering up thread conversation. Not all ads, but most.
Interestingly, this is a problem with Samsung internet, but isn't a problem with mobile Firefox (a better work around than the mobile version).
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:35 am

... IS is not going to be disabled, so the best course is to resolve specific issues as reported, thank you.
What part of we do not like, or want IS do you not understand? It's buggy as hell, so just disable it by default. Way to show you care about your users.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith

1. Very slow to load.
2. When I go to the last page of a multi-page thread and scroll to the last post I read, start reading, after a few seconds it jumps back a couple of pages. Scroll down to when I was, start reading again, and after a few seconds it jumps back a couple of pages. At that point I give up and go to another site.
3. When I pinch to zoom the ads expand left to cover the content. I can only use it without zooming. This doesn’t work on an iPhone because the type is too small to read.
4. “A problem occurred with this page so it was reloaded.” Constantly.

Happens on iPad and iPhone. Note that none of this happened before the “upgrade”.
I have not seen the page being slow to load. When using infinite scroll, it does take a second to load the next section of thread once you hit the end, is that what you mean?

I'm using iphoneX, with IS enabled, viewing the full site on Safari. No long load times, no jumping. No reload error messages.

I do see the ad issue, which was already been reported and we hope for a future fix soon.

Possible you are viewing on an older ipad with ios11? I did see a lot of slowness with that ios before moving to the X. Also try clearing cache and cookies in Safari.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by yeeeeperdiems
I think the new update broke the mobile experience, again.
Before the upgrade I could browse everything in DESKTOP mode while on my phone with chrome by having the "request desktop site" checked on my browser, default style set to desktop on my account, and infinite scroll disabled.

After the update the site just revert back to the <redacted> that is FT mobile every time I click on something (including going into account settings and clicking on the "never show mobile skin" checkbox, ironically). Please fix it, or revert back to the previous version. Maybe fire the team in charge of the update too.
If your browser does not accept and maintain cookies, your cookie-based settings (such as "never go to mobile" will not stick.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by nmh1204
What part of we do not like, or want IS do you not understand? It's buggy as hell, so just disable it by default. Way to show you care about your users.
You may turn it off in your settings. Instructions to do so have been posted above.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
You may turn it off in your settings. Instructions to do so have been posted above.
@IBobi, assuming you haven't been instructed to be deliberately obtuse, that seems to be missing the point that (AIUI) on a mobile device you can't turn off IS except by forcing desktop mode, but desktop mode is now so heavy with ad content plus renders badly so that it is unusable on some / many mobile devices.

Presumably the unwillingness to go back is because of the ad content and possibly coin mining that has been added, but please dial them back a bit to try and make things more usable again.
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Dec 6, 2017 at 4:53 am
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I have not seen the page being slow to load. When using infinite scroll, it does take a second to load the next section of thread once you hit the end, is that what you mean?

I'm using iphoneX, with IS enabled, viewing the full site on Safari. No long load times, no jumping. No reload error messages.

I do see the ad issue, which was already been reported and we hope for a future fix soon.

Possible you are viewing on an older ipad with ios11? I did see a lot of slowness with that ios before moving to the X. Also try clearing cache and cookies in Safari.
Maybe it works on your hardware and software, but it doesn't on mine. The point I think is being missed is that I didn't have any problems before Nov 15, and now I have major problems. I think it's your job to fix them, not mine.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Crikey, whatever happened to listening to your users. This is unfathomable to me and a sign of ignorance by FT/IB. You really ought to give your heads a wobble. I know what keeps me here and it is despite of FT/IBs best efforts.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:48 am

Jeez. I meant by DEFAULT! I already have it turned off, but when not logged in, it makes the site impossible to use, as so many others have stated! please just listen to us users. without us, you wouldn't have a forum
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Since the dawn of the world wide web, it has baffled me that web page developers believe that the world should switch to their hardware and software and network capabilities rather than develop a site for the varied platforms of the target users.

This polemic is not directed at IBobi, nor at IB, but at web developers in general. However, if the shoe fits, feel free to wear it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.