1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by Need
I am really impressed with all the differences (bugs) you guys found between the old and new layout. After I got rid of the "infinitely stupid scroll", the forum seems about the same as before to me except the color changed from baby blue to navy blue on the bars. I am using both Firefox and Chrome on PC. I rarely look at the site on mobile so maybe it is more messed up there.
For me some of the fonts are just too big. The font used for the username is far too big, for example. The fonts used to list forum topics look amateurish-in-selection and are too big (in particular the font used for thread titles with unread posts - the bold font - is just too heavy IMO. The name of each thread is overpowering.

But, yes, once infinite scroll is off and ad blocker turned on there is not too much difference between new and old. If only the font selection could be fixed.

And yes I think mobile is more messed up, for me anyway. The uncommanded jumping within a thread is troublesome.

Last edited by OttawaMark; Nov 21, 2017 at 8:56 am
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
Not fixed in Chrome on Mac OS even when I refresh the page.

I stand corrected. Column widths are now showing how I would expect them to.

@IBJoel, while column widths have been fixed the boxes containing the names of the column titles (Last Post/Replies/Views) are not the same width as the columns they represent. This needs to be addressed even though it's minor.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:22 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
What has happened to the link to 'My Threads" and also to "First Unread" in the threads themselves, please?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:37 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by squeeler
What has happened to the link to 'My Threads" and also to "First Unread" in the threads themselves, please?
I see View First Unread in the top left corner:

...unless I am not understanding your request...?
squeeler likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:44 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
I'm using the standard mobile skin on iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.3 in Chrome. Whenever I open a thread and try to scroll towards the bottom of said thread, the page immediately jumps to much earlier posts (posts that I previously saw/read).
OK, I tested in Chrome and definitely get what you're saying. I think this is just how that function works when you scroll fast. I will ask if this can be amended. As an alternative, you can tap the "#/##" in the middle of the page and type in the exact page you want to skip to.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:48 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Was it her team that came up w/ this piece of pooey release/enhancement?

As others have mentioned, it's 'product development 101' to figure out what users want/need BEFORE implementing a new release - and also doing QA and beta testing before just implementing it willy-nilly across an entire BB that is is now resulting in people coming to FT less, looking to blogs & other sites.

FT is large enough it will survive w/ long term FTers leaving, but that's not really the business model any company should want.

Heck, you've got an entire team of mods that I'm sure would have been willing (or some of them anyway) to test the new software/provide input before it got released/dumped upon the general FT population/became a cluster-you-know-what by IB.

I have total faith in you, sandiego1k, for always thinking of what's best for FT & its members. ^ I do not have the same confidence in IB. Too many times they've implemented enhancements w/o input from FTers that had problems. Quite frankly their track record sucks, which is amazing for a company that owns a bunch of website.

And IBJoel, for gawd's sake can you get the reply w/ quote fixed? Ir's ridiculous that when I replied the reply window shrunk to 1/4 size & left justified & the type is so small that I can barely see what I'm typing. Geesh.

Cheers.
Go here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Scroll down to "Message Editor Interface". Select "Enhanced Interface- Full CKEditor". Save at the bottom.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:50 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by jrl767
using iPhone ... when I turn the phone sideways and expand the display size, the ad on the right side migrates toward the center of the screen

... realized I’m not the first to mention this
We are working on this. Thank you for the report!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:53 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by IBJoel
OK, I tested in Chrome and definitely get what you're saying. I think this is just how that function works when you scroll fast. I will ask if this can be amended. As an alternative, you can tap the "#/##" in the middle of the page and type in the exact page you want to skip to.
I get this at any scrolling speed as soon as it tries to load a new page. A "feature" that moves you far away from where you're trying to scroll to is just laughable.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:54 am
Administrator

I stand corrected. Column widths are now showing how I would expect them to.

@IBJoel, while column widths have been fixed the boxes containing the names of the column titles (Last Post/Replies/Views) are not the same width as the columns they represent. This needs to be addressed even though it's minor.
I see it. They're just a bit off. Odd bug, probably easy to fix.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:17 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by C W
I get this at any scrolling speed as soon as it tries to load a new page. A "feature" that moves you far away from where you're trying to scroll to is just laughable.
Checking further into this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:21 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Checking further into this.
Thanks. This is Chrome for iPhone.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:39 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Boy, since this upgrade I can barely use the site. I'm on Safari/Mac (desktop) and I just get that freeze/scroll wheel thing every time I try to scroll down the page. Really painful. How exactly can I adjust settings back to the old way which, while dated, functioned fine.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:23 pm

Is there any way to turn off the frigging infinite scroll when NOT logged in and have it saved? It's only turned off when logged in, but I only log in to post, I do most of my reading logged out.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by MilesTalk
Boy, since this upgrade I can barely use the site. I'm on Safari/Mac (desktop) and I just get that freeze/scroll wheel thing every time I try to scroll down the page. Really painful. How exactly can I adjust settings back to the old way which, while dated, functioned fine.
Curious, as I have a similar set-up here.

However ... I had that problem a few days ago, resolved by re-booting my router. Just a thought.
Pull the power, wait 10 secs or so, re-apply power.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: United
Hate hate hate the ‘improved’ site. Finally found this thread and learned how to Kill the infinite scrolling ‘feature’.

Tip: Should be labeled as infinite unusability feature.
lupine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.