1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
I have no idea why infinite scroll is even offered on a forum. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions search for Disable Infinite Scroll and click it. After that and it seems a number of bugfixes, I am OK with the current situation.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Am I the only one still having this issue?

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Not sure if it's just me, but it appears the site is no longer keeping me logged in (despite my checking the box).
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Which device/browser are you using? Are you in Incognito mode?
Chrome on desktop. Not in Incognito mode.
​​​​​​​
Not sure if this response was noted:

As an update, Im experiencing the same issue on my iPhone and iPad as well. Also using Chrome on both. The issue is intermittent on all three devices...happening about 50% of the time.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Fredd
IIRC prior to November 15 I could click on "My FlyerTalk" at the bottom of the page. Now I either have to scroll back up to the top, or else manipulate the "Forum Jump" up to the very top.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I miss being able simply to click on "My FlyerTalk" at the bottom after reading a post.
You are not the only one who requested its return.
Fredd likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by IBobi
Sorry you feel that way. I have a pile of active tickets from what's been reported. Bugs are functions that are not working as designed. That's not the same thing as a complaint about something that is working as designed, and someone just doesn't like it. We are at this time not addressing those, as they are not bug reports, which is what has explicitly been requested here.

I strongly suggest that you wait and see what the site looks and acts like after we're done smoothing out the bugs; if there are things you don't like then, please use the Suggestion Box forum

Thanks

Paul
Ok, this question may be a bit circular, but if we're supposed to address how much we hate this using the Suggestion Box, then why are threads posted to the Suggestion Box then being moved in here?
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by chx1975
I have no idea why infinite scroll is even offered on a forum. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions search for Disable Infinite Scroll and click it. After that and it seems a number of bugfixes, I am OK with the current situation.
Thanks for putting the URL in here.
I didn't know what infinite scroll was called; I just knew this "feature" was driving me nuts.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:19 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Ok, this question may be a bit circular, but if we're supposed to address how much we hate this using the Suggestion Box, then why are threads posted to the Suggestion Box then being moved in here?
Threads/topics that are specifically related to this upgrade will be moved here since IB is supposed to be monitoring reports about bugs, etc.

These are the Suggestion Box guidelines:

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We want your ideas about how to make FlyerTalk an even better place. There are some simple guidelines for posting that will help us all achieve that goal:
  • Let’s make this a place for solutions, not complaints. Part of any good solution is positivity in suggesting it. Please refrain from snark and contentiousness. Don’t attack an idea another member suggests. Rather, give ideas that make it even better. Or, if a forum is suggested that you believe will be of minimal interest, give some statistics as to why.
  • Examples of subjects that are encouraged: suggestions regarding board structure, information that is given on the home page, forum descriptions, suggestions for new forums or the closure or merger of existing forums.
  • This forum is a place to bring an idea or a solution to the attention of FlyerTalk’s Community Director. I will read every post but won’t respond to each. I like to see if there is energy behind an idea. Are there others who also think it’s a good idea? Will discussion occur that results in an even better suggestion? I’m a great believer in group sourcing resulting in stronger action.
  • Discussion of individual moderators or their actions is not allowed. If you have such an issue, please privately message the Community Director. Likewise, if you have an issue with an individual poster either contact a moderator in the forum where they are posting. However, broader discussion about forum structure is permitted. You want more threads restarted each year? Less? Tell us and tell us why.
  • NOTE: Please continue to post about technical issues and suggestions in the Tech Support Forum that Internet Brand (site owner) monitors.
Carol/SanDiego1K
Community Director
I'm not sure why IB staff suggested technical issues should be posted in that forum, but topics related specifically to SanDiego1K's guidelines will continue, of course, to be welcome.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator
Suggestion Box and Technical Support forums
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:49 pm

Cannot see the Wikis.

Any fix coming?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I've tried for several days, and with other IB forum upgrades that have done this latest "upgrade", and I still can't quite figure out what is causing the massive CPU and RAM spike. Even with infinite scrolling off, and script blockers and the various trackers and bots blocked, but with and WITHOU ad-blocking enabled, I still get fans and CPU spiking in Chrome. Haven't tried yet enough with Safari, but will try further when I have time. Indeed, certainly spending LESS time on the site than historically.
This is what I've been saying. There is something running on these pages and I have absolutely no idea what it is. With Ad/Script Blockers on or off, it makes no difference. I've been trying to figure it out and just can't identify what the issue is. It is grinding the forum to a halt for me when my typical browsing experience is to open all the threads I'm interested in as tabs in a browser window first.

Some pages still don't fully load for some reason. They are fully functional, but there is something happening that just isn't completing the loading process. I've tried both Firefox and Safari and just can't figure out what the issue is. I've even gone through and isolated and turned off various elements on the page to see if one may be the offending party but it isn't working. I'm still theorizing it is something ad related, but because I have no ads on my screen at all (with Ad Blocker on or off), I have no way of proving that.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
When reading FT on my Ipad, my finger-swipe attempt to increase size of the page causes the vertical advertisement on the right to move into the reading pane. Not only very annoying, but does not allow the verbiage to be read.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Still have major lag problems in ios11 on iPhone X when I zoom in using safari on the desktop page.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:57 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I've even gone through and isolated and turned off various elements on the page to see if one may be the offending party but it isn't working. I'm still theorizing it is something ad related, but because I have no ads on my screen at all (with Ad Blocker on or off), I have no way of proving that.
I have the same issue. Im guessing it is css rendering related.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have a suspicion the new auto-saving Quick Reply box is implicated. If you browse the same pages not logged in (so no reply ability) does it get better? That would also change other page behavior of course, so not really a conclusive test.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:15 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I may have attached something. If not, I really don't know how hard it can possibly be to look at the old system, work out the font and font size, and just change it back to that. So much is pushed back on the users when we all must be seeing the same. And in the attached that is not the size when in edit mode.
That is not the Enhanced Interface. That is the Standard Version, which is supposed to be that size and cannot be expanded in the new version of FT.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:20 am
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by yosithezet
There's definitely a whole lot of css involved (you can view the page source in most browsers if you're curious) and rendering is browser-dependent.

For me, with scripts completely disabled the website is quite a bit faster, similar to what it used to be like (usable again!). It also seems completely functional, which I guess is the advantage of relying so much on css. All forms of infinite scrolling are gone as well.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bpe

For me, with scripts completely disabled the website is quite a bit faster, similar to what it used to be like (usable again!). It also seems completely functional, which I guess is the advantage of relying so much on css. All forms of infinite scrolling are gone as well.
How many of the 600,000+ FTers do you think know about CSS, much less how to disable scripts etc, just to get an IBB to function properly. The onus should be on the IBB to provide a smooth, functional BB that will enhance/complement the content - not create an 'enhanced' version that is a piece of pooey that's causing people to post less , consider looking at other BBs or just subscribing to the various bloggers & leaving FT behind.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Nov 20, 2017 at 9:54 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.