1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
So much is pushed back on the users when we all must be seeing the same.
But I don't think we are. Different devices, screen sizes, orientations, browsers, etc are probably rendering differently.

I'm back to having a normal experience on laptop / PC after some of the simple tweaks I and others mention above. Mobile is still a pain, but OK when I have bags of patience to read - useless for posting though .
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:16 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Numbered lists are only showing the rightmost digit.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jaysona
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
Does anyone know of another forum somewhere else on the internet that is similar to FlyerTalk? This site just does not work at all and I can't see coming back here often.
insideflyer.com ^^
There is a big difference, though. InsideFlyer is full of tumbleweed and devoid of content, in contrast to FT.

For example, on InsideFlyer the last post to the BA board was on 20 September 2017. There have been 12 posts to that board in the whole of 2017.

Even worse, the last post to the QF board was on 5 April 2017, although it's doing better in 2017 post count: 15 posts.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:18 am

Will you be changing the sizing and colour of text, buttons etc, and will you make it so you don't have to log in to see the page number buttons?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by IBobi
I am using the site on my iphone 6+ now. Both in mobile skin view and desktop skin view.

If you'd like, you can post your device and browser info, and links to pages you are viewing when this occurs, and we'll test...
only on mobile version does the banner disappear but the mobile version is awful and want to use the full version on my iphone like I have been but without the ad banner. That's what I'm asking I suppose. Do you know when this will get fixed?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by Vaucluse
Time is not displayed properly. My time is set to EST. The posted time is +1 hour.
How do you have your "DST Correction Option" set? I think you set it using this page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Ok, I hate the changes. The endless scrolling in threads (rather than pages) sucked on the phone when I was trying to avoid vacuuming up data; it sucks on my computer since it often triggers a "scroll jump" when the page extends.

Aesthetically it is also not to my taste, to put it mildly, and getting this surprise the other day was not a pleasant experience. I'm not sure what the point of this exercise was, but the recent trend towards websites updating their interfaces to look "sleeker" and bungling it seems to be gaining momentum.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Ok, I hate the changes. The endless scrolling in threads (rather than pages) sucked on the phone when I was trying to avoid vacuuming up data; it sucks on my computer since it often triggers a "scroll jump" when the page extends.

Aesthetically it is also not to my taste, to put it mildly, and getting this surprise the other day was not a pleasant experience. I'm not sure what the point of this exercise was, but the recent trend towards websites updating their interfaces to look "sleeker" and bungling it seems to be gaining momentum.
Well, let's see:

- When I try to scroll fast up to the top of the page on a laptop (for instance to read a wiki) the scroll position returns me to where I originally was. Dear website, I KNOW WHERE I WANT TO GO WHEN I SCROLL A DOCUMENT AND YOU DON'T. KINDLY DON'T TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD BE DOING WHEN I SCROLL A WEB PAGE. YES I AM SHOUTING.

- The ads jumping into the middle of text when you resize the page on a mobile device (yes, I am using the desktop site on a mobile device, again, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO) are a nice touch. I do so love having an ad jump into the middle of text I am reading. Oh, FlyerTalk, about me turning ads off on desktop, how about THERE WILL BE ICE RINKS IN THE NINTH CIRCLE OF HELL BEFORE I DO THAT GIVEN ALL THE "YOU HAVE WON A THOUSAND DOLLAR WALMART GIFT CARD" BROWSER HIJACKS YOU HAVE. YOUR ADVERTISER QUALITY BLOWS GOATS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALLOWING ADVERTISERS WHO HIJACK BROWSERS. PICK BETTER ADVERTISERS.

Ahem. Yeah, I'm shouty about this.
Traveller and Kiara like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I wasn't having any ad or script errors this morning using IE11 but the afternoon onwards, quite a few times. The bulk of all script issues are with the Emirates ads that seem to appear rather a lot when I'm browsing the British Airways forums.

Just had ads for Brookes University, Tesco and Bose appear here, 2 in quick succession and no apparent issues with them.

The scrolling can be juddery though. When it's try to load and frame the side adverts as you scroll, the page jumps a lot.

Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Globaliser
There is a big difference, though. InsideFlyer is full of tumbleweed and devoid of content, in contrast to FT.

For example, on InsideFlyer the last post to the BA board was on 20 September 2017. There have been 12 posts to that board in the whole of 2017.

Even worse, the last post to the QF board was on 5 April 2017, although it's doing better in 2017 post count: 15 posts.
Content is only as good as it is presented. Unfortunately, I am sure the FT administrators know they are the only site with content of its kind on the web and because of it are free to do as they please without fear of losing clicks and views. That is a very disappointing way to run a website.

Bugs aside, the aesthetics of this upgrade alone are jarring, to say the least. Opening FT in a dimmed airplane cabin is like staring into the sun, no matter what brightness your screen is set at.

EDIT: It does look like they changed the Forum button back to going to the Trending Threads page, which I appreciate. I wonder why it keeps going back and forth, is this a bug or just uncertainty in what admins actually want?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:29 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Seems like most of the bugs are quashed.

I still don't like the new design at all.

Maybe it's time for another poll.
Silver Fox and florens like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Internet Brands had nothing to do with the elimination of TalkBoard.
It does, however, make it a good time to reflect on that decision. Looking back at SanDiego1K's post about that, she said:
I think that readers are happy to engage in conversations about miles and points but have little interest in the mechanics of the board.
This highlights the disadvantage of complacency in regard to a valuable resource which we have participated in for many years. When we stop paying attention to how a system is being run, we increase the risk of the whole thing being mishandled. I have paid little attention to the running of the system for years, because it was always just there and easy to use. If Talkboard still existed, I'd be voting only for candidates who'd commit to rolling back this shambles and never inflicting a similar unannounced change upon us again, but now we don't have that option. We don't even have the option of a poll, because those get removed.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Massive memory and CPU consumption now using Google Chrome. Scrolling to the point that I've got about ~30 posts loaded results in memory consumption in the 700MB-1GB range. Do the same thing in a second window, and that's another 700MB-1GB.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Kremmen
It does, however, make it a good time to reflect on that decision.

This highlights the disadvantage of complacency in regard to a valuable resource which we have participated in for many years. When we stop paying attention to how a system is being run, we increase the risk of the whole thing being mishandled. I have paid little attention to the running of the system for years, because it was always just there and easy to use. If Talkboard still existed, I'd be voting only for candidates who'd commit to rolling back this shambles and never inflicting a similar unannounced change upon us again, but now we don't have that option. We don't even have the option of a poll, because those get removed.
Even if TalkBoard existed today, the latest upgrade of FlyerTalk would not be under the purview of its members.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by IBtyen
This one is being addressed by our product team.
Awesome -- hopefully soon?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.