1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:33 pm

Upgrade (?) is crap - so long. Flyer talk

Unreadable on Safari or chrome in iOS You have ruined a good thing, doubt that anyone will see or read this message but this is bad on several levels. So long.
Silver Fox and jaysona like this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:36 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by tn_flyer
Unreadable on Safari or chrome in iOS You have ruined a good thing, doubt that anyone will see or read this message but this is bad on several levels. So long.
What specifically is the problem you are having? You need to post screenshots if you believe there is a formatting bug.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
In my 10+ years as a member of FT, I have never felt the need to look for a feedback/tech support thread due to an "upgrade" - a few minutes here and I see that this is a common theme. What is with the ostrich approach? Stuffing heads in the ground will not make this better.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:42 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes on MyFlyerTalk webpage.
I will ask for this to be changed. Do you think moving "Unsubscribe" to the right side of that text line would do the trick?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:43 pm
Administrator

500 Error should now be fixed.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:45 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by tn_flyer
Perhaps you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing that makes FT unreadable, and detail your concerns?
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I will ask for this to be changed. Do you think moving "Unsubscribe" to the right side of that text line would do the trick?
Yes to the right would be much better.
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by bawm
In my 10+ years as a member of FT, I have never felt the need to look for a feedback/tech support thread due to an "upgrade" - a few minutes here and I see that this is a common theme. What is with the ostrich approach? Stuffing heads in the ground will not make this better.
Would love to hear your specific concerns, ideally accompanied by some screen shots?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:52 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes to the right would be much better.
I have made a request for this change.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Was there a video ad in the post your page snapped to? Are you on desktop regular or Infinite Scroll?
I don't think there was a video ad, although it kept happening so there might have been at least some of the times. I changed my settings to get away from infinite scroll and it's better, but still happening some.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL GM
New bug I've noticed:

Right click to cut/copy/paste/etc does not work in the quick reply box. It brings up the save page as menu instead. There are a few spots I've been able to get the cut and paste menu to show up but not many. Have to use shortcuts to cut, copy, paste, select all, etc.

This is a hilarious disaster.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBobi
Would love to hear your specific concerns, ideally accompanied by some screen shots?
Specifically, I try to get into a forum, my phone freezes, the scroll bar shows there is something that can be scrolled but the page is entirely white, it hangs, then loads the amazon.com fake ad/app and then redirect to that site, opening a new window.

Can't post screen shots because the page that first tries to load is blank and then it loads the same amazon.com fake ad/site images that a dozen other people have already posted.

Posted this in the advert thread but no one seems home there.

FT is completely unusable on my phone - and yes, I have cleared cache and files, rebooted, etc.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by RumPatrol
New bug I've noticed:

Right click to cut/copy/paste/etc does not work in the quick reply box. It brings up the save page as menu instead. There are a few spots I've been able to get the cut and paste menu to show up but not many. Have to use shortcuts to cut, copy, paste, select all, etc.

This is a hilarious disaster.
It's right-click pastable, but you have to click really close to / or on the same line as the cursor.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I'm not seeing the vertical banner ad anymore. Was this fixed?

ETA. I spoke too soon. It's still there.

Unusable on the iPhone. Ugh.

Last edited by enviroian; Nov 17, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Please make this available!
I'm loathe to do that. Since to even get to the point of making the *Monkey scripts useful, there's a lot of Ad Block, uBlock, and uMatrix setup to get there. Fixing my annoyances is one thing, showing others how to do it crosses my "actively hostile" line.

Originally Posted by ursine1
Seriously though -- why is so much horizontal space empty? These three right hand columns (as well as the first two on the left) absolutely do not need to be so wide. This makes no sense.
It's a design choice they have appeared to make. They've got huge margins and fixed widths set. Those right 3 columns, for example, are fixed to 20%, 10%, and 10%.

This is my attempt at tightening stuff up with 5 simple style entry changes:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.