1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:38 pm

Changing forum skin to FT Desktop NG and disabling infinite scroll made the site usable. Just go back to what we had before. The changes are awful.
Silver Fox and ProleOnParole like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:44 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Has anybody else noticed that indented text doesn't show up as intended, and that the indent button removes the paragraph spacing around the indented text? For example, just after this sentence is a blank line and then the next paragraph should be indented:
This is text that I've clicked the indent button on.
And it doesn't even show up properly if you indent twice:
This is text I've highlighted and clicked indent two times on.
I'm not sure why that wouldn't work properly.
I'll log this as a bug, thank you
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Per usual (as is the case with FT and updates) this is another BIG BIG BIG thumbs down. Why FT/IB continues to mess with a good thing and degrade the product is beyond me.

It's truly hideous in every respect. I've yet to see an update from IB/FT that actually improves the user experience - they all seem to make it worse and this is no exception (this is actually one of the absolute worst FT updates I've ever seen).

Please at least give the option to change back instead of stick us with this garbage. I already put up with all the other nonsense that has been rolled out and now you took something pretty good and made it worse.

FWIW - I am the target. I am an under 30 millennial and I think it looks like absolute garbage so if your corporate overlords wanted these changes because "millennials" they are full of it because this turns me off big time - it doesn't engage me at all.

Last edited by Duke787; Nov 15, 2017 at 6:50 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:46 pm
Defunct Account

I have confirmed what you have reported and will report this to our tech team.

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I went to my albums to upload new photos. An album I created a couple days ago isn't visible, and when I go to create a new album, it tells me I don't have permission to, nor do I have permission to upload photos. (I'd post a screenshot, but, you know, I can't.)
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Also, can this utterly useless and ENORMOUS thing at the top () of my subscribed threads be eliminated, please?

The size of this page selector is relative to your screen resolution. The smaller the screen, the bigger each element must be, to be at least usable.

This is how it looks for me on Chrome, desktop -- just fine.

Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:55 pm

I noticed something with the "trending topics" which explains why I'm still seeing them even though when they're off (which I mentioned earlier). When I click "forum" from the FT homepage it directs to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum however when I click on "forum" from anywhere in the forum itself it directs to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trending.php which always displays the trending forum threads crap regardless of my settings, so now when I'm in the forum and want to view the forum as a whole it requires an extra click back to the FT homepage
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:58 pm

[QUOTE=C W;29065359]Admins, is there a way to get back advanced text editor functions that were eliminated?

Things like the buttons for wrapping
and being able to view [ß][/ß] instead of bold?
No promises, but I've asked about this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by steveman518
I noticed something with the "trending topics" which explains why I'm still seeing them even though when they're off (which I mentioned earlier). When I click "forum" from the FT homepage it directs to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum however when I click on "forum" from anywhere in the forum itself it directs to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trending.php which always displays the trending forum threads crap regardless of my settings, so now when I'm in the forum and want to view the forum as a whole it requires an extra click back to the FT homepage
I logged this bug earlier today, thank you.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Two more things:

1) Below the quick reply box there's a HUGE blank white space to the right of the "posting rules" box on the left and the "forum jump" box in the bottom right, and the "previous/next thread" at the top. and THEN an ad bar below that. Why not move the ad bar up into that huge blank space and save yourself the trouble of more screen space needed below?

2) The quick links menu in the top right - the last option/line :"User Tagging Statistics Hashtag SubscriptionsPost Reporting Your post reports" is a) terribly formatted (is that really all supposed to be one line?) and b) has terrible line/gap spacing, it's completely snug to the box sides, whereas none of the other options are. That can't be intentional.
The white space issue is not easy to change -- the page uses a template. This is most likely not going to change.

But the other is a formatting error (quicklinks) and thank you for reporting!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Giant step backwards in usability and readability.

Thanks FT.
Buster, beltway and Silver Fox like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Changing to "FT Desktop NG" does not stick
A lot of the links that were in Quick links are now goes

Change for the sake of change
1 small step forward and 3 big steps backwards
Just put it back to what is was 24 hours ago
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Dislike having the large bar at the top and bottom of the page, wish they were static and didn't follow you as you scrolled up/down
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:12 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by IBobi
The size of this page selector is relative to your screen resolution. The smaller the screen, the bigger each element must be, to be at least usable.

This is how it looks for me on Chrome, desktop -- just fine.

I'm using a 15" Retina MBP with 2880 x 1800 resolution...

The text should not wrap into two levels at a reasonable amount of browser zoom, it is a design flaw. There is plenty of lateral space remaining, it does not have to wrap.

If you doubt this, find a Retina MacBook Pro, which I'm sure are well represented among your userbase, and try to read the new FT at 100% zoom. With the laptop in my lap it's like trying to read a newspaper at full arms' length.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Changing to "FT Desktop NG" does not stick
A lot of the links that were in Quick links are now goes

Change for the sake of change
1 small step forward and 3 big steps backwards
Just put it back to what is was 24 hours ago
Instead of going back, we will fix the bugs.

If switching to FT Desktop NG is not sticking for you, please tell us what browser, device and version you are using, and we can see how to fix it.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by C W
I'm using a 15" Retina MBP with 2880 x 1800 resolution...

The text should not wrap into two levels at a reasonable amount of browser zoom, it is a design flaw. There is plenty of lateral space remaining, it does not have to wrap.

If you doubt this, find a Retina MacBook Pro, which I'm sure are well represented among your userbase, and try to read the new FT at 100% zoom. With the laptop in my lap it's like trying to read a newspaper at full arms' length.
Not sure what your issue is. If you like, please post a full screen shot of your screen with this happening. Very hard to tell with just a snippet of your screen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.