1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:08 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by C W
Are the Trending threads stuck? They don't seem to have changed since the horrible enhancement.
Do you mean the threads themselves haven't changed or shuffled around?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:14 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Do you mean the threads themselves haven't changed or shuffled around?
That seems to be the case.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:15 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Could you post a screen shot? The threads I'm seeing on both desktop and mobile are brand new (posted 10min ago/3:05pm)
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:20 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Could you post a screen shot? The threads I'm seeing on both desktop and mobile are brand new (posted 10min ago/3:05pm)
I didn't realize Trending was available on Mobile. It always reverted me to Desktop when I visited the url.

Also, note the messed up rendering on the lefthand sidebar.

Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:30 pm

If you disable Infinite Scroll, that dropdown menu should stay put up top, unless I'm misunderstanding the issue.
The darker blue "MyFlyerTalk" is a one-click.
You're misunderstanding. As I noted, the only direct/one-click links are navbar text elements. What was nice about the old My FlyerTalk badge/bug/button/whatever (which still lives on on a few older FT system pages) is that its generous size in both dimensions made it easy to mouse onto quickly. Text links are smaller, require more "hunting"/ time & energy to hit. This isn't the End of the World, but it's definitely a UX downgrade for those of us who live & die by our list of subscribed threads & fora.

To expand the reply box, there is now a triangle in the bottom right corner that you can drag to be larger.
I will look into IE multi-quote. EDIT: Multi-Quote is not working on IE for me, either. I have reported this.
Thanks re both of these.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Thumbs down

Since the change all frames are messed up and there is no flow to the pages, please revert back to previous style, or tell me how to fix the framing of the pages.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBtyen
Is the feature you are looking for in your profile under "statistics tab" "Find all posts by *username*"
I think it's as simple as:Drop the 90 day limit and I think they're giving equivalent results. There are plenty of threads that either I or no-one posts to for over 90 days, and when an add-on thought / query is made by someone it's only because it shows showed up in "My Threads" that I knew to go and offer sage advice again .

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Nov 15, 2017 at 4:56 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:56 pm
Defunct Account

Can you try to refresh the page to see if the proper icons load?

Originally Posted by C W
I didn't realize Trending was available on Mobile. It always reverted me to Desktop when I visited the url.

Also, note the messed up rendering on the lefthand sidebar.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Thanks to mr tcook52 for posting this link

Just my own two cents without reading all 13 pages... much better on mobile, but small now on PC.

And more emojis!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:04 pm

I am not enough of a web-picture-thingy-designer person to know how to actually quantify this, but something about the new layout makes the side banner ads just so much more visually dominant. In fact, I had to go back and look at some old screenshots (after like 4 years of daily FT use...) just to confirm that they were, in fact, there previously. The new layout makes me feel like I need to shift my computer 2 inches to the right in order to center the content in my field of vision. Also, is it just an optical illusion, or is there really such more more white space?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by C W
Just for fun I counted in this thread:

34 instances of negative feedback
31 problem reports
1 instance of positive feedback
3 instances of neutral feedback
9 requests for a classic theme

Please fix this IB. A classic theme is obviously overwhelmingly desired, not just tweaks to the new thing. And I think most would strongly prefer a full reversion.

If you choose to not do these things, please explain why you're going against the overwhelming and strongly voiced consensus of your loyal users.
^ No one asked for these changes and worse, they appear to have not had any testing whatsoever...or if they did, the tester(s) did a very poor job indeed of catching some various obvious problems.

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
For threads that have them, the wiki's look awful. There's no box to contain the content and it's just in a giant white space.
I feel the same about the wiki appearance.

The overall thread appearance has waaaay too much white/brightness. Also the varying, seemingly random font sizes within threads is distracting and puzzling. User names are gigantic, page navigation buttons are huge yet the dark blue "Thread Tools...etc" bar is a much smaller font.

Originally Posted by Kremmen
Here lies the crux of the problem. When new features are introduced, they should *NOT* be defaults that everyone has to run around trying to work out how to turn off.
This has been noted in feedback before but yet the practice continues.

Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
An option to disable Likes would do the trick. But IB appear to hate that idea.
Agreed. There seems to be no downside to letting folks opt out who aren't interested in using it.
Buster and Kiara like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:13 pm

These changes are ugly, make the forums harder to read and generally just irritate me, but on top of that, the herky-jerky page loading is just amateurish and has really made me dislike reading FT. Jump to first unread first takes me to the top of a page, then it jumps down, and then it finally jumps to the right place. I have to basically give every thread a minute or more to figure out where it's supposed to go before I can start reading it. How is that an improvment?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero
The overall thread appearance has waaaay too much white/brightness. Also the varying, seemingly random font sizes within threads is distracting and puzzling. User names are gigantic, page navigation buttons are huge yet the dark blue "Thread Tools...etc" bar is a much smaller font.
I think that's what's doing it - all the white space. Just the general tablet-ification of the Internet, which I hate.

And speaking of negative space, why when I went to quote this did everything have multiple blank lines (carriage returns) between it?

And then I went to instinctively hit where reply was and ended up restoring auto saved content. Great.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
How do I get rid of the "I Voted" badge on my name?

Can I put a picture there instead? If so, how?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:20 pm
Defunct Account

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Since the change all frames are messed up and there is no flow to the pages, please revert back to previous style, or tell me how to fix the framing of the pages.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.