1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The fickle "view first unread" button

The past few days the "view first unread" button has been present in some threads, absent in others. Tonight it's gone from this thread and more others I've looked at than before. I've never seen it in threads in the women's forum.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Stop adding logic to include close tags in wikiposts

I'm not sure if this is a long-standing feature or something new, as I've only started going hardcore on wikiposts recently... but I find it highly annoying that when committing a wikipost, FT decides to auto-add close tags when missing. It's better to just let the editor to see the initial mistake of a missing close tag rather than trying to mess with the tags automatically. Now I have all these unnecessary close tags embedded, which take time to fix. What a PITA!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

" Airport Code Lookup" [ https://www.flyertalk.comacl/] at the bottom on the page fails.
It was working recently.
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Edit
comacl should be com/acl
How could such a sloppy mistake be made (and not checked)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Dec 11, 2017 at 11:54 am Reason: found the IB error
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by linsj
The past few days the "view first unread" button has been present in some threads, absent in others. Tonight it's gone from this thread and more others I've looked at than before. I've never seen it in threads in the women's forum.
I have not looked for the "view first unread" button for many months until just now, and I did not find it for this thread.

The reason I have not looked for it for many months is that some helpful FT member let me know about a different way to get to the first unread post. From the list of topics, click on the checkmark in a box just to the left of the thread title. I open the thread in a new tab, but I assume it would work the same if you opened the thread in the current tab.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Still stutters on scrolling on iOS 11.2/safari on a 2017 iPad Pro - aka the latest and greatest.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:44 pm

I hyperlinked a phrase to a Twitter post, and it seems to make that phrase disappear:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29158199-post112.html

The phrase "And another testimonial:" , which is visible in 'Source', is not displayed.

Also, I don't like that a hyperlink automatically embeds the entire Twitter posting. Sometimes I just want to link, and include a snippet of the Twitter post, not the whole package that comes with an embedding -- the Twitter user's photo, the date and time, etc.

@IBobi
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:16 pm

Attempting to italicize within quoted text leads to a weird, single letter "i" in brackets before the text that was supposed to be italicized:

In my post at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29158300-post139.html , I attempted to italicized the abbreviation "ed." within quoted text, but instead it appears as:

Entering the [United States -- < i > ed.]

@IBobi

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Dec 10, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by IBobi
Looks to be fixed.
Brilliant! ^
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
@IBobi bumping changing "Thread Starter" in washed out highlighter with mini-font, back to "Original Poster" in a nice blue. Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
When I first open FlyerTalk, the blue area at the top of the screen (I'd call it a masthead but don't know the technical word) is now blank.

It formerly included several links including MyFlyerTalk. For a short period of time, sometimes I saw the links and sometime I didn't. This now looks like a permanent change.

I have to open the list at the left of the page to access and click on the following:

News
Forum
MyFlyerTalk
Hotel Reviews
Help
About

Like the loss of the MyFlyerTalk link at the bottom of posts, it's not a big deal but it's mildly annoying to see the site become less rather than more convenient for members.

Is this a bug or a feature?

@ibobi
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:34 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Numbered lists are only showing the rightmost digit.
This is fixed, right?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by linsj
Could be you have an adblocker and it's interfering with FT display?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
" Airport Code Lookup" [ [url]https://www.flyertalk.comacl/] at the bottom on the page fails.
It was working recently.

Edit
comacl should be com/acl
How could such a sloppy mistake be made (and not checked)
I'll get it fixed.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
I hyperlinked a phrase to a Twitter post, and it seems to make that phrase disappear:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29158199-post112.html

The phrase "And another testimonial:" , which is visible in 'Source', is not displayed.

Also, I don't like that a hyperlink automatically embeds the entire Twitter posting. Sometimes I just want to link, and include a snippet of the Twitter post, not the whole package that comes with an embedding -- the Twitter user's photo, the date and time, etc.

@IBobi
Yep, that's how twitter embed works. Advise to work around it if you can, but this is core functionality, working correctly.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Attempting to italicize within quoted text leads to a weird, single letter "i" in brackets before the text that was supposed to be italicized:

In my post at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29158300-post139.html , I attempted to italicized the abbreviation "ed." within quoted text, but instead it appears as:

Entering the [United States -- < i > ed.]

@IBobi
You have to close the italicized entry too. Use [ / i ]. This is standard BB Code markup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.