1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by wrp96
I just changed to default style and it went away.
Where is this setting, and will it make it look like FT did before these changes.

I really do not like the cluttered looking site now with underlining, floating this that and the other and lots of wasted space. Plus jump to first unread is useless now. And I don't like this Reply to Thread box either but I guess there might be a setting for that too.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS
OK Everyone, I have a tip for Chrome users to get rid of the underlining if you hate it.

Step 1: Install Stylebot extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...mdaleoha?hl=en

Step 2: Go to Stylebot Options (should be a CSS icon in your toolbar)

Step 3: Click on Styles->Add a new style...

Step 4: For URL pattern, use https://www.flyertalk.com

Step 5: Add this into the style section and click Save.
a {
text-decoration: none ;
}

That's it. No more underlines.

Same should work with similar extensions in firefox and safari. Use this until Flyertalk offers the option to change it.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:26 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Is the time dysfunction anything to do with these changes today? Have edited the settings in My Flyertalk to display times as GMT but still showing as GMT +1.

S
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Where is this setting, and will it make it look like FT did before these changes.

I really do not like the cluttered looking site now with underlining, floating this that and the other and lots of wasted space. Plus jump to first unread is useless now. And I don't like this Reply to Thread box either but I guess there might be a setting for that too.
It doesn't make it look like it did before but it did get rid of the hanging box at the top and bottom. But as we posted above, the ability to make the change seems to be gone now as I found it in MyFlyertalk, Edit Options, Miscellaneous
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by wrp96
It doesn't make it look like it did before but it did get rid of the hanging box at the top and bottom. But as we posted above, the ability to make the change seems to be gone now as I found it in MyFlyertalk, Edit Options, Miscellaneous
Well it looks like it has gone. Gawd this is like going back to Netscape. I am sorry FT but this is absolutely bloody awful !
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
- Overall appearance is clunky and less pleasant.
- Way too much white space especially at the top.
- In forum views, nearly everything uses an underline font. This is goofy looking, clunky and visually distracting as typically underlining is reserved for highlighting something and not for an entire page presentation.
- Light blue top banner totally blocks the dark blue "menu bar" underneath. Totally prevents much of the navigation functionality!
- In a thread, the new thread navigation buttons aren't easy to read...light blue on white. Elimination of thread navigation buttons at the top, and placement of the new buttons fixed to the bottom, force more mouse and eye movement than the old format!
- There was absolutely nothing wrong with the forum style before.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
I actually miss the 'page' buttons. Navigating the forums is now a LOT more cumbersome.

For example when I encounter a long thread for the first time, I like to read the wiki (if it exists) and then the first few pages to get the gist of the thread, after that I like to skip to the last few pages so I get the most 'current' information. Now it seems navigating 'in thread' requires you to keep pressing pgdown, or ctrl+end or keep scrolling so that more of the thread loads, about 15 replies at a time. Entirely time wasting and frustrating. The only way to 'skip' to the end is in the 'forum' page where one can click 'last page' button for the thread. Of course, now there's no way to go back a page or two. Likewise, if you 'search' in the thread, sure, if you click on the post from the search results it takes you there, but, what if the post does not quote anything, and you want to scroll back to see the context of the post you found? Now there's no way to go back a a page or two from the found post, thus no easy way to get context of the conversation.

Bad changes overall. Page buttons definitely need to be returned in the least.

EDIT: Found the 'page' buttons at the bottom of the screen. So, frustration with the new layout has cleared up considerably. Still not a fan of the new layout, but, at least at this point it's not as sufferable as I originally thought.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:34 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by BorisBrownBear
How do I turn off the sticky bars that now appear at top and bottom of every thread? They are ugly and use precious vertical space. I have tried all available themes but all see to suffer from this.
The bottom sticky bar is as designed. We are looking into changing the behavior of the top bar, though. There is no toggle ability, at this moment.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the Like button seems to be intermittent. This is seriously crap.

What I think is that you should go back to the old skin or at least let us choose it.

I am not going to get used to this. Even typing this reply and you have changed the font sizes for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Absolutely underwhelming is this. Period.
Buster likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! I didn't even know that. So much changes. They changes a new website. I have no idea. I can see thread starter and a few other, as well. I think it looks better than the old website.

Oh! I can see 1 minute or 4 minutes ago. I like the idea.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG,HHonors,Thai,Flying Blue
Facebook log in not working
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by IBJoel
If you scroll up a click, are you able to read the post?

Yes I can.
It seems it's only when you use the icon that it does it. If you used the "View first unread" on the new sticky toolbar it functions correctly.

(although now I don't see the sticky toolbar anymore so the issue isn't present because infinite scroll is off now)

Last edited by eyeballer; Nov 15, 2017 at 12:14 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Oh gawd, infinite scroll is back. Make it stop. Kill it with fire.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: SPG,HHonors,Thai,Flying Blue
Cannot log in using Facebook
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
The new design makes me think I'm age 25 again. So I guess that's a good thing?

How do I change the date & time options back?
I want the absolute date & time to display, not "21 hours ago".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.