FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Any other users dissatisfied with how this forum (FlyerTalk) looks like now? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1856980-any-other-users-dissatisfied-how-forum-flyertalk-looks-like-now.html)

ticu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Any other users dissatisfied with how this forum (FlyerTalk) looks like now?

Sadly I notice this website’s look and functionality has been screwed up (as like with any other new “modernized” sites). What is interesting though, I notice that on other devices I use (an Asus laptop and a windows phone) the same website loads in the old format, that was easier to navigate, had easy to manage links and was more economical in the way it used space.
Any other users dissatisfied with how this forum looks like now? Could we determine the webmasters to bring back the old look?

Duke787 Jul 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Check out the technical forum here. FWIW, there are a couple settings you can tinker with to more or less make it look like the older versions under "My FlyerTalk" which helps (I agree with your sentiment but have found that the settings can be workable)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-feedback-386/

ticu Jul 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 28615839)
Check out the technical forum here. FWIW, there are a couple settings you can tinker with to more or less make it look like the older versions under "My FlyerTalk" which helps (I agree with your sentiment but have found that the settings can be workable)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-feedback-386/

Thanks. I applied a few changes. Still looks awful but it's just a little better. Each row starts with a stupid "image" - just a place holder that I can't seem to be able to get rid of it.

chgoeditor Jul 30, 2017 9:00 am

This is outside the scope of the Info Desk. I'm moving this to the technical support forum.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Information Desk

Kagehitokiri Jul 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ticu (Post 28615958)
Thanks. I applied a few changes. Still looks awful but it's just a little better. Each row starts with a stupid "image" - just a place holder that I can't seem to be able to get rid of it.

are you referring to the (mark) forum read button/indicator ?

IBobi Aug 1, 2017 6:52 pm

Hello,

In general, what is it about the sit that you don't like the look of? Are you on a mobile device? Using mobile skinnor desktop? Post a screen shot of what is wrong?

ticu Aug 2, 2017 6:58 am

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 28636327)
Hello,

In general, what is it about the sit that you don't like the look of? Are you on a mobile device? Using mobile skinnor desktop? Post a screen shot of what is wrong?

I don't like anything. And i cannot revert to the old look which was perfect.I'll see if I can post a screenshot - it might be impossible on this environment.

Yeah, like I said I cant see anything where it says "attachments" or so. Just stupid empty icons. When I hover over them one by one and get to "attachments" and click it - nothing happens. So I can't even show you what I'm talking about.
I'll try maybe later

ticu Aug 2, 2017 11:05 am

1 Attachment(s)
Here's s snap shot of what I see

IBJoel Aug 2, 2017 11:53 am

Yeah, that definitely is off. What browser/operating system are you using when you see that? Is it only at home, or elsewhere, too?

IBobi Aug 2, 2017 12:24 pm

Yes, ticu, you have browser issues.

JDiver Aug 2, 2017 12:51 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ticu (Post 28638050)
I don't like anything. And i cannot revert to the old look which was perfect.I'll see if I can post a screenshot - it might be impossible on this environment.

Yeah, like I said I cant see anything where it says "attachments" or so. Just stupid empty icons. When I hover over them one by one and get to "attachments" and click it - nothing happens. So I can't even show you what I'm talking about.
I'll try maybe later

Browser issue, most likely.

What I'm seeing of this page right now is:

Kagehitokiri Aug 4, 2017 2:25 pm

no problems here either, also using these >
Disable Trending Threads on Forum Homepage
Never go to Mobile Skin
Disable Desktop Infinite Scroll

JDiver Aug 5, 2017 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 28648875)
no problems here either, also using these >
Disable Trending Threads on Forum Homepage
Never go to Mobile Skin
Disable Desktop Infinite Scroll

Thank you. Those are helpful clues for members.

Kagehitokiri Aug 5, 2017 6:24 pm

someone else posted reminder recently, ive pasted into a few of these related threads