Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:37 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I finally want that filthy Accorhotels badge next to my name gone
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:10 pm
RETIRED -- do not PM

Originally Posted by escape4
After checking into this more in depth, a more correct description would be that what got fixed recently is that many hotel reviews are now counted for the badges, but unfortunately they are both wrong on the master map and the personal map. I previously thought the master map was ok, but it is not the case.

For example, please take a look at following hotels which I believe all fall south of Ghana on my personal map and are missing from the master map:
Fairmont Istanbul, Fairmont Amman, W Amman, DoubleTree Sukhumvit Bangkok, St.Regis Maldives, DoubleTree Doha, Courtyard Ottawa East, Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant, Hampton Inn Ottawa Airport, Hilton Colombo.
The address for those hotels need to be corrected. We'll have to go in and update them.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by IBThomas
The address for those hotels need to be corrected. We'll have to go in and update them.
I always open the hotel website to type in the address exactly as they show it. Perhaps there is something I am doing wrong.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:26 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I'll take a look!
Any news?
The review in question would be this one: https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ton-abama-2954
I'd really appreciate it if this could be solved.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:45 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Any news?

Spoiler

Try it now.

EDIT: still working on the badge part.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Try it now.

As you can see it appears to he working now. It says Marriott instead of Ritz Carlton in the description though.

EDIT: Ritz Carlton Rewards was merged with Mariott. I didn’t notice as they still look like independent programs with different apps... Good to know.

Last edited by Nick Art; Nov 7, 2018 at 9:00 am
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Try it now.

Removing all the badges to have none of them shown works as well now. Thanks!

EDIT: It actually doesn't. Silly me.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by IBThomas
The reviews are still not viewable on the master map. For example, if I zoom on Amman (Jordan), I only find two arrow pointers on the map: one for Le Meridien Amman, and one for Crowne Plaza Amman. However if in the search box I type "Amman" then it says "Showing 4 Reviews for 2 Hotel Properties" but the truth is that it's 4 reviews for 4 hotel properties. My two reviews Fairmont and W are listed after Le Meridien and Crowne Plaza, but simply not part of the map. So my reviews can now be found, but only if one enters the city name in the search box, instead of searching by zooming on the map and without typing anything.

The same is occurring for various other of my reviews I listed three weeks ago.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:54 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
The reviews are still not viewable on the master map. For example, if I zoom on Amman (Jordan), I only find two arrow pointers on the map: one for Le Meridien Amman, and one for Crowne Plaza Amman. However if in the search box I type "Amman" then it says "Showing 4 Reviews for 2 Hotel Properties" but the truth is that it's 4 reviews for 4 hotel properties. My two reviews Fairmont and W are listed after Le Meridien and Crowne Plaza, but simply not part of the map. So my reviews can now be found, but only if one enters the city name in the search box, instead of searching by zooming on the map and without typing anything.

The same is occurring for various other of my reviews I listed three weeks ago.
Our techs will look into this with the help of @IBThomas
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I made a review of Sofitel Dubai downtown 2 weeks ago and it’s also not appearing on the map.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

We have an issue with the map. We are working to see what can be done, but a 3rd party tool we were using is no longer available to us. For the time being, no new properties will appear on the map until this is fixed. Sorry about that!

Paul
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

It's possible.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hi
I made an hotel review back in June 2018 here :
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...l#post30756889

I precise it was not a full review, just 2 sections and a couple of pictures. While I wanted to add a post in this thread today, I noticed that all pictures of the review have disappeared (I am talking about the 1st post of the thread).
And I don't have those pictures anymore
What happened ? Are those pictures stored somewhere on your servers, in my profile or elsewhere (I didn't find anything in my FT profile).
Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Hi
I made an hotel review back in June 2018 here :
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...l#post30756889

I precise it was not a full review, just 2 sections and a couple of pictures. While I wanted to add a post in this thread today, I noticed that all pictures of the review have disappeared (I am talking about the 1st post of the thread).
And I don't have those pictures anymore
What happened ? Are those pictures stored somewhere on your servers, in my profile or elsewhere (I didn't find anything in my FT profile).
Thanks
Do you have a link to the review with the pictures that disappeared?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:05 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29845515-post1.html

It needed a scroll up from the link in the bug description.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.