Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

quoting hotel review does not seem to quote text of entire review, seems to leave out last couple parts, perhaps there is some kind of set maximum at the moment?

sometimes cant use stop button to stop loading of photos when reading a review
Old May 18, 2017, 12:33 pm
Defunct Account

I'll check this out. Thanks for the heads up. Did you recently quote a review and have an example to link me to?

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
quoting hotel review does not seem to quote text of entire review, seems to leave out last couple parts, perhaps there is some kind of set maximum at the moment?

sometimes cant use stop button to stop loading of photos when reading a review
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
A handful of times now, after typing a review and clicking submit, the page just hangs. It gets that lighter color, as if there's a pop-up on the page (a dialogue box), but scrolling the whole page reveals nothing. So I'm done. No more "expert reviews" from me. I'm sick of my work going to waste.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:28 pm
Defunct Account

After submitting a hotel review, a popup will appear confirming that the review will be published. Do you happen to have any browser add on that is preventing this popup?

Since this issue could happen with a regular forums post, it's suggested to write out the content of the review in a locally stored document and then copying pasting into the review boxes.

Originally Posted by danger
A handful of times now, after typing a review and clicking submit, the page just hangs. It gets that lighter color, as if there's a pop-up on the page (a dialogue box), but scrolling the whole page reveals nothing. So I'm done. No more "expert reviews" from me. I'm sick of my work going to waste.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by IBtyen
After submitting a hotel review, a popup will appear confirming that the review will be published. Do you happen to have any browser add on that is preventing this popup?

Since this issue could happen with a regular forums post, it's suggested to write out the content of the review in a locally stored document and then copying pasting into the review boxes.
No, no blockers. The pop-up window appeared 20-odd minutes earlier when I first went to publish my review. It reminded me I hadn't posted any photos so I went back and did that. But when I clicked to submit again, no pop-up.

I've never had this occur with a regular forums post.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:12 pm
Defunct Account

Thanks for this detailed description of the issue. I'm going to try to reproduce this.

Originally Posted by danger
No, no blockers. The pop-up window appeared 20-odd minutes earlier when I first went to publish my review. It reminded me I hadn't posted any photos so I went back and did that. But when I clicked to submit again, no pop-up.

I've never had this occur with a regular forums post.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:34 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I published a review of a FS property and received errors stating it couldn't save the images to the FT web service. So I published without the photos then added them later.

I contacted FT to say I didn't get my FS badge, but have now lost my badges for my many *wood and Hyatt reviews.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:36 pm
Defunct Account

I'll take a look to see what's going on. If you encounter the image upload error, please capture a screenshot and feel free to post it or email me directly at [email protected]

You are only able to display 2 badges at a time, can you verify that the hyatt and starwood badges are not options?

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I published a review of a FS property and received errors stating it couldn't save the images to the FT web service. So I published without the photos then added them later.

I contacted FT to say I didn't get my FS badge, but have now lost my badges for my many *wood and Hyatt reviews.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:14 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I'll take a look to see what's going on. If you encounter the image upload error, please capture a screenshot and feel free to post it or email me directly at [email protected]

You are only able to display 2 badges at a time, can you verify that the hyatt and starwood badges are not options?
Where do I find the options?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:16 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Where do I find the options?
MyFlyerTalk, Hotel Review Badges.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting >
http://usatoday.com/story/travel/fli...iews/94208972/
IIRC beta started spring 2014
IBobi likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 17, 2017 at 6:29 pm Reason: Make URL clickable
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:23 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Trying to write four hotel reviews. Tried Safari and Chrome, no ........ Both coming up with homepage header and footer only.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:55 am
Defunct Account

This is because the button isn't triggering the https version of the site. I'll let our tech team know. If you want a workaround this issue, you'll need to manually add https:// to the URL after you click the "new review thread" button

Trying to write four hotel reviews. Tried Safari and Chrome, no ........ Both coming up with homepage header and footer only.
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is because the button isn't triggering the https version of the site. I'll let our tech team know. If you want a workaround this issue, you'll need to manually add https:// to the URL after you click the "new review thread" button
this problem is still present (using Safari on iPad, iOS 11.0.3), but it is indeed solved doing what you suggested.
Another problem I want to report : when filling the different sections of the review, when clicking on “add photos”, half of the time it was sending me to another page of the hotel review (the one with the world map where you can look for all the reviews published), instead of proposing me the local menu to browse through the pictures available on my iPad.
Thank you for your attention
Attached Images  
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:24 pm
Defunct Account

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to reproduce this. I'm assuming this is also due to the https switch.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
this problem is still present (using Safari on iPad, iOS 11.0.3), but it is indeed solved doing what you suggested.
Another problem I want to report : when filling the different sections of the review, when clicking on “add photos”, half of the time it was sending me to another page of the hotel review (the one with the world map where you can look for all the reviews published), instead of proposing me the local menu to browse through the pictures available on my iPad.
Thank you for your attention

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.