Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:45 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Hi,

I just completed several reviews and the images are not the correct way up. If you do know how to correct it, please do comment below or personally message me as I have never encountered this problem before and am unsure how to put it the right way up.

Thanks
Cocoleolol
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:22 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Hi,

I just completed several reviews and the images are not the correct way up. If you do know how to correct it, please do comment below or personally message me as I have never encountered this problem before and am unsure how to put it the right way up.

Thanks
Cocoleolol
I am guessing they are iPhone images; try rotating them and saving them again before uploading. It is due to the way the iPhone handles EXIF metadata.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:07 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by IBobi
I am guessing they are iPhone images; try rotating them and saving them again before uploading. It is due to the way the iPhone handles EXIF metadata.
Its actually Samsung. So it should be the same thing too right. Just need to rotate them?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Should work.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:10 am

"Invalid posthash" after clicking submit on a review

using OS X & Chrome, latest versions, but I'm on a very weak wi-fi connection right now.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:23 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by davie355
"Invalid posthash" after clicking submit on a review

using OS X & Chrome, latest versions, but I'm on a very weak wi-fi connection right now.
Davie, did you find this persisting with a stronger connection?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Wasn't sure to post this in the wiki or the review section. Might do both.

Reviews override wikis when looking at threads. Example, if I go to the Marriott forum & scroll down the list of threads London County Hall is shown. It shows "Review" next to it, but not "Wiki" whereas with other threads that don't have reviews it will show "Wiki". So someone wouldn't know there was a wiki (which quite frankly can be more valuable than reviews at times) unless they open up the thread. Is there a reason "Review" overrides "Wiki", or is there a reason they both can't display when looking at the thread before someone opens it?

Cheers.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Davie, did you find this persisting with a stronger connection?
I'm stuck with a weak connection, unfortunately, although I did try to post again. The first time I got the spinning circle but nothing ultimately loaded. The second time I got a cryptic "googletag" error. The third time, my review appears to have posted:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post26880277

but apparently as a regular forum post and with text jumbled.

EDIT: Got a better Internet connection, posted a review from scratch in that same thread, and it looks perfect.

Last edited by davie355; Jul 6, 2016 at 11:22 pm
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:25 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Any *detailed* review that is in the new review format, whether imported or originally written that way, should count. If you see reviews that should count but are not being counted please let us know -- we don't want anyone to miss out!
Several of my reviews aren't counted as the picture count isn't registering that images had been uploaded.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by davie355
I'm stuck with a weak connection, unfortunately, although I did try to post again. The first time I got the spinning circle but nothing ultimately loaded. The second time I got a cryptic "googletag" error. The third time, my review appears to have posted:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post26880277

but apparently as a regular forum post and with text jumbled.

EDIT: Got a better Internet connection, posted a review from scratch in that same thread, and it looks perfect.
I think your assessment is correct. A slow and poor internet connection garbled the original, but the latter copy is everything a review should be and its complete and working. Thanks for taking the time to post a review and to persist in posting it.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:23 am
Defunct Account

Checking your reviews now to see what's wrong.

I see there were 2 reviews that were not credited. I have manually uploaded the photos for the one below. Currently, it's below the character threshold to qualify as a detailed review (even though when editing it shows as qualifying) Our tech team figuring this part out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...on-centre.html

The other one is this review:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...ty-centre.html

I have manually uploaded the photos. You will need to edit this post to fulfill the category requirement.

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Several of my reviews aren't counted as the picture count isn't registering that images had been uploaded.

Last edited by IBtyen; Aug 3, 2016 at 4:08 pm
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Explanations for the badges and review system can be found here (there's also a link in all FT forums):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exper...views-758.html

When I try to open the linked page, I get the message "You do not have permission to access this page."

Probably I just don't understand the layout of a forum page, but I found nothing that suggested to me that a link would lead to a description of badges. (Or maybe I don't understand what a badge is. I assume a badge is an item that appears under a poster's name, but does not appear under most posters' names, like contributor or evangelist.)
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:10 am
Defunct Account

I'm looking into this.

Originally Posted by serpens
When I try to open the linked page, I get the message "You do not have permission to access this page."

Probably I just don't understand the layout of a forum page, but I found nothing that suggested to me that a link would lead to a description of badges. (Or maybe I don't understand what a badge is. I assume a badge is an item that appears under a poster's name, but does not appear under most posters' names, like contributor or evangelist.)
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serpens

http://www.flyertalk.com/explore/

Here's the live page. The reason you could not open the other link is that it was a short term announcement that's now off.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks, IBobi.

Obviously, FlyerTalk believes I have a true high-speed internet connection. It took many seconds to make anything meaningful visible, more seconds for me to react, and my poor connection is still chugging along at capacity (that's about 200 kB/sec, which I realize is appalling, but I have not completely lost the thrill of ditching the 57.6 kbps modem here in flyover land) as I type this (and I'm not a particularly fast typist). "Improved into unusability" is an expression I coined to describe too many web sites that seek to upgrade my experience, and the linked page is a poster child for that experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.