Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 25, 18, 3:03 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Old May 16, 18, 2:06 pm
Administrator

Hi everyone,

It's a work in progress. Our team is working to get through the backlog. Looks like a little bit more work than expected.
Old May 21, 18, 2:54 pm
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Internet Brands
Hi again everyone. We're still working through our backlog. Lots of exciting new properties and reviews!
Old May 21, 18, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Hi again everyone. We're still working through our backlog. Lots of exciting new properties and reviews!
Cool
Thanks
Old Jun 17, 18, 11:06 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Hi there

I wrote a review for the Fairmont Royal Palm Marrakech. (here: Fairmont Royal Palm Marrakech or on expert reviews here: https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...marrakech-2670 )

But somehow I received neither the badge, nor the does the review appear on the global review map. I see that there were mentions of some kind of backlog and that hotels that have not been reviewed before need to have a new page created for them manually.
So I'm wondering how long does it take for a review (of a new hotel) to be fully implemented (in the map) and how long does it take for the badge to appear? (I really want that Fairmont Review Contributor Badge )

Cheers

Nick
Old Jun 18, 18, 1:02 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Hi there

I wrote a review for the Fairmont Royal Palm Marrakech. (here: Fairmont Royal Palm Marrakech or on expert reviews here: https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...marrakech-2670 )

But somehow I received neither the badge, nor the does the review appear on the global review map. I see that there were mentions of some kind of backlog and that hotels that have not been reviewed before need to have a new page created for them manually.
So I'm wondering how long does it take for a review (of a new hotel) to be fully implemented (in the map) and how long does it take for the badge to appear? (I really want that Fairmont Review Contributor Badge )

Cheers

Nick
Hi Nick,

Your review should be up now. Depending on how busy our schedules are, a review can take a day or two to get up now that the backlog is cleared.
Old Jun 18, 18, 1:15 pm
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Hi there

Cheers

Nick
Hi Nick, it looks like we did have a small technical hiccup with your review, but I figured it out and it should now be viewable.
Old Jun 18, 18, 3:29 pm
Fairmont Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by IBThomas View Post
Hi Nick,

Your review should be up now. Depending on how busy our schedules are, a review can take a day or two to get up now that the backlog is cleared.
Hi Nick, it looks like we did have a small technical hiccup with your review, but I figured it out and it should now be viewable.
Thanks, as you can see the badge is visible now and i just checked the review as well!

Cheers
Old Jun 21, 18, 7:15 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by IBThomas View Post
Depending on how busy our schedules are, a review can take a day or two to get up now that the backlog is cleared.
Some of the issues that I pointed out a month ago still exist so I thought you were still working on a backlog, and therefore I am surprised to read the statement above. For example, as mentioned before, Grand Hyatt Dubai still does not show up on the master map of reviews. I still have a number of other reviews that are not counted because I can see a discrepancy between the number of reviews I have under my profile, "hotel reviews" (or "map" of my reviews), and the number of reviews counted for the badges. It seems the reviews not counted for the badges are exactly the same reviews that do not show up on the master map so the two issues are probably linked.
Old Jun 22, 18, 10:32 am
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Some of the issues that I pointed out a month ago still exist so I thought you were still working on a backlog, and therefore I am surprised to read the statement above. For example, as mentioned before, Grand Hyatt Dubai still does not show up on the master map of reviews. I still have a number of other reviews that are not counted because I can see a discrepancy between the number of reviews I have under my profile, "hotel reviews" (or "map" of my reviews), and the number of reviews counted for the badges. It seems the reviews not counted for the badges are exactly the same reviews that do not show up on the master map so the two issues are probably linked.
We're looking into this. It looks like a different technical issue than we first thought.
EDIT: Should be good now.
Old Jun 22, 18, 9:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
We're looking into this. It looks like a different technical issue than we first thought.
EDIT: Should be good now.
Yes thank you!

I believe all my reviews now show up on the master map. There is only one small exception: Grand Hyatt Melbourne. It shows up on the master map but when you click on the hotel it says "0 reviews, 0% recommended". And my review is not there to read. It is also not in my profile, under "hotel reviews". However it is in my profile, "map", at the very end.

Also there seems to be a small unrelated issue which might not allow proper search by brand and loyalty program:
Hilton Surfers Paradise: it incorrectly shows up as "Brand = AC Hotels by Marriott" and nothing shows up for Loyalty Program rather than "Hilton Honors"
The Library (Koh Samui): it incorrectly shows up as "Brand = AC Hotels by Marriott". Should be Brand = Design Hotels. And Loyalty program says independent boutique, but should be Starwood.
Sheraton Saint-Hyacinthe: it incorrectly shows up as "Brand = AC Hotels by Marriott" and nothing shows up for Loyalty Program rather than "Starwood"
Old Jun 25, 18, 10:39 am
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Yes thank you!

I believe all my reviews now show up on the master map. There is only one small exception: Grand Hyatt Melbourne. It shows up on the master map but when you click on the hotel it says "0 reviews, 0% recommended". And my review is not there to read. It is also not in my profile, under "hotel reviews". However it is in my profile, "map", at the very end.

Also there seems to be a small unrelated issue which might not allow proper search by brand and loyalty program:
Hilton Surfers Paradise: it incorrectly shows up as "Brand = AC Hotels by Marriott" and nothing shows up for Loyalty Program rather than "Hilton Honors"
The Library (Koh Samui): it incorrectly shows up as "Brand = AC Hotels by Marriott". Should be Brand = Design Hotels. And Loyalty program says independent boutique, but should be Starwood.
Sheraton Saint-Hyacinthe: it incorrectly shows up as "Brand = AC Hotels by Marriott" and nothing shows up for Loyalty Program rather than "Starwood"
Those should all be updated (although we don't have a category for Design Hotels).
Old Jun 25, 18, 7:40 pm
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Expert Reviews deleted from FlyerTalk

My Expert Reviews for both the Ritz-Carlton Kyoto and St Regis Osaka and their concomitant links have disappeared from the thread they were moved to by mods:

Luxury Hotels of Japan (mainly outside of Tokyo)

Those same Expert Reviews no longer appear under my profile page’s Hotel Reviews, either.

Please advise!

Last edited by bhrubin; Jun 25, 18 at 7:47 pm
Old Jun 25, 18, 8:29 pm

Those should all be updated (although we don't have a category for Design Hotels).
I checked the changes and indeed all looks good now!
Old Jun 30, 18, 6:54 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Starriott Plat100 (Lifetime PPE) Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond (C) Hyatt Explorist (M)
Just curious now that I have reviewed 5 Starwood hotels how long it will take for my badge to be updated? I actually have 2 more I am planning to post soon.

Thanks!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 2, 18, 4:45 pm
Administrator
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by damon88 View Post
Just curious now that I have reviewed 5 Starwood hotels how long it will take for my badge to be updated? I actually have 2 more I am planning to post soon.

Thanks!
Do keep in mind that in order to qualify for a badge, a review must be detailed.

Detailed reviews include:

• 3+ sections
  • 2,500+ characters
  • 2+ photos

Search this Thread