Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 25, 18, 3:03 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 30, 18, 9:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor 5+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Silver, HHonor Gold
Good that I passed by here. I have two detailed reviews to write but will pass then.
Old Apr 30, 18, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
Good that I passed by here. I have two detailed reviews to write but will pass then.
I am delaying also my next reviews until this is solved.
Old Apr 30, 18, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
This is a serious bug. Several reviews have disappeared. This thread for instance had several full reviews and now they are all gone !
Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Same here:
Good Stay at Novotel Singapore on Stevens

Edit : I checked several other threads in the Accor forum and all reviews are gone
cocoleolol likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Apr 30, 18 at 10:31 am
Old Apr 30, 18, 11:29 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Plus Gold, Accor Plus Silver, KrisFlyer
My Profile shows I have not done a single review so I guess its a rampant problem. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Old May 1, 18, 7:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by cocoleolol View Post
My Profile shows I have not done a single review so I guess its a rampant problem. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Me as well. If I go in my profile, then click on "Hotel Reviews", nothing shows up. If I click on "Map" then I can see the map of the reviews I did so they are somehow still linked to my profile rather than completely deleted. But in the past the reviews were listed in a column on the left side of the map in my profile, now there is nothing on the left side of the map.
Old May 1, 18, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Me as well. If I go in my profile, then click on "Hotel Reviews", nothing shows up. If I click on "Map" then I can see the map of the reviews I did so they are somehow still linked to my profile rather than completely deleted. But in the past the reviews were listed in a column on the left side of the map in my profile, now there is nothing on the left side of the map.
same for me.
Old May 1, 18, 11:51 am
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Internet Brands
Tech is working on this problem.
Old May 1, 18, 1:10 pm
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Should be good now
Old May 1, 18, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you IBJoel
indeed, it is solved.
However, could you investigate why the full review I did on Sofitel Beirut in this thread is not appearing on the hotel review map ?
thanks a lot
Old May 1, 18, 3:30 pm

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Some of the problems have been fixed, but the situation is back to more or less what it was on April 24th when I first posted here.

Fixed: reviews show up in the hotel threads properly, with all sections and pictures. The hotel reviews section in my profile is now back. And the left column in the map section of my profile has the full list of my reviews.

Not fixed: many reviews still do not appear on the master map in the section "Hotel Reviews". For example, nothing for Grand Hyatt Dubai on the map if you search on Dubai. So basically this is the same issue as mentioned by Goldorak in the previous post for Sofitel Beirut. Related to this issue is that reviews not showing up on the master map do not seem to be counted at all in the "Hotel Review Badges" page in my profile.

Also a new issue popped up : on the map in my profile, I no longer see markers on the map for hotels I have done a review. The map is just blank.
Old May 1, 18, 6:30 pm
Administrator
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

@IBJoel see your email -- new reviews must be approvied in admin tool; new properties must have pages manually created for them, before they will appear on a map. Speak to Tyson.
Old May 2, 18, 11:07 am
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Hi everyone, the team is going through these now, so they'll all be up by the end of the week.
Goldorak and cocoleolol like this.
Old May 14, 18, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Hi everyone, the team is going through these now, so they'll all be up by the end of the week.
I do not know if this is still work in progress or whether it was thought to be complete by now, but it does not look like it's fixed? The two recent examples given by @Goldorak and myself still do not show up on the master map (Sofitel Beirut, Grand Hyatt Dubai). I think there are several other examples too.
Old May 15, 18, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I do not know if this is still work in progress or whether it was thought to be complete by now, but it does not look like it's fixed? The two recent examples given by @Goldorak and myself still do not show up on the master map (Sofitel Beirut, Grand Hyatt Dubai). I think there are several other examples too.
Indeed, this is still unsolved. But the rest of the review process is working well now (I did a big one yesterday of Sofitel So BKK with plenty of sections and 100 pictures and it worked well).
Old May 16, 18, 1:54 pm
Administrator
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Hi all, I will have @IBJoel or @IBThomas check in on progress.

Search this Thread