Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 25, 18, 3:03 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 6, 20, 4:25 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Please see the last review in this thread: Review 25hours hotel The Royal Bavarian, Munich (Germany)

- The last few words of every section are cut
- The hotel was reviewed by Goldorak but non existent in the database, I had to add it
- It does not appear on the map
- It does not appear when searching for it in the Hotel Review section of the site
- The hotel does not exist when searching in the Hotel Review section of the site.
Old Sep 6, 20, 6:02 am
Hyatt 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; Marriott AMB; Hyatt Glob; Accor Dia; GHA Black; SLH Ind
Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post

- The hotel was reviewed by Goldorak but non existent in the database, I had to add it
- It does not appear when searching for it in the Hotel Review section of the site
- The hotel does not exist when searching in the Hotel Review section of the site.
I am not sure how you were able to add it yourself? I don't think any of my reviews of the last several months (since April) have been added to the database, the map, or the hotel review section. It looks like much of what is related to hotel reviews has been discontinued by Flyertalk without maintenance or progress which is unfortunate.
Old Sep 6, 20, 7:14 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 5+ Badge

I agree, it seems the Hotel review section (which actually was useful and valuable, unless their click-bait tabloid for frequent flyer website) has been stopped without warning.
Old Sep 6, 20, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
When I did my review, I remember the hotel was not in the database and I had to enter all hotel details manually.
Old Sep 6, 20, 7:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; Marriott AMB; Hyatt Glob; Accor Dia; GHA Black; SLH Ind
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
When I did my review, I remember the hotel was not in the database and I had to enter all hotel details manually.
Oh I understand what you mean (and what @fransknorge meant). For most of the recent hotels (new construction) indeed we need to add address, website, phone, etc. manually. That is a different issue than simply having the reviews make it to the map and the Hotel Reviews section which has not been done for many months.
Old Sep 8, 20, 7:02 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
The Hotel Reviews were just de-prioritized, since no one was really publishing them and no one was travelling, but I'll take a look.

EDIT: Definitely seeing some formatting problems in that thread, Frans. I've reported to tech.
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by IBJoel; Sep 8, 20 at 12:32 pm
Old Sep 15, 20, 5:05 am

Any update ?
Old Sep 15, 20, 8:25 am
Administrator

Any update ?
We were able to fix the formatting errors of Goldorak's post, but are at a loss for the cut-off words. Did you copy/paste your review from somewhere else?
Old Sep 15, 20, 8:34 am

Nope, it was typed directly in the editor.
What about the database and map issues ?
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:30 am
Administrator

Nope, it was typed directly in the editor.
What about the database and map issues ?
The map issues often result from the differences in how international addresses are formatted.

Which database issues, though?
Old Sep 16, 20, 12:43 pm

Please see the last review in this thread: Review 25hours hotel The Royal Bavarian, Munich (Germany)

- The last few words of every section are cut
Those
Old Sep 16, 20, 12:59 pm
Administrator

- The hotel was reviewed by Goldorak but non existent in the database, I had to add it ---This is because you guys only sort of add the properties. I have to review the property and fill in the photo, select the loyalty program, and set to "visible". All of this is done manually for every single property.

Looks fine for me. I OKed this property last week. There is a slight bug where it's appearing twice. Likely because 2 reviews were made while the property was still in limbo.
Old Sep 16, 20, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks IBJoel
IBJoel likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 5:18 pm

IBJoel From my reviews of the last few months, it seems to be hit and miss, some were added to the hotel reviews section and the map, and some cannot be found yet... they might have been missed from the manual process of filling the loyalty program, adding photos, and setting to "visible". Feel free to look in my profile, but the following might still be missing:

June 16 = Anantara Resort Hua Hin
July 1 = Anantara Siam Bangkok
July 5 = Anantara Phuket Layan Resort & Spa
July 6 = Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
July 9 = Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit
July 15 = Avani+ Riverside Bangkok
July 16 = Swissotel The Bosphorus Istanbul
July 20 = Rixos Premium Göcek Suites & Villas
July 24 = Susona Bodrum LXR
August 3 = Raffles Istanbul
August 7 = Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
September 10 = Reges, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Cesme
September 14 = Renaissance Izmir Hotel

I believe there are still a number of Fairmont properties where Loyalty Program incorrectly shows up as "Fairmont Presidents Club" which does not exist anymore, they should all be moved to Accor.

Thanks for the recent refresh!
Old Sep 17, 20, 1:13 am

Same as for Goldorak, several of my reviews are not in the map:
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam - NDSM Wharf
Hampton by Hilton Nuremberg City Centre

Maybe more.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: