Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:57 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IBobi
Do keep in mind that in order to qualify for a badge, a review must be detailed.

Detailed reviews include:

• 3+ sections
  • 2,500+ characters
  • 2+ photos
Haha

I WAY exceeded that in all of them. You might call mine SUPER detailed. I added sections, wrote way over 2500 characters and added numerous photos.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:23 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I’m still waiting for the Oberoi hotels badge or Boutique Hotels badge to be created!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:59 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’m still waiting for the Oberoi hotels badge or Boutique Hotels badge to be created!
Wow -- I don't know how many people have the blue SPG badge, but it's not many -- congrats!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:08 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by IBobi
Wow -- I don't know how many people have the blue SPG badge, but it's not many -- congrats!
Haha thanks. I was told that I was the first to receive the blue 25+ badge for any chain/group...and at least at the end of 2017, I was the only one on FT to earn that blue badge. Not sure it matters much to mods, though.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:49 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by damon88
Haha

I WAY exceeded that in all of them. You might call mine SUPER detailed. I added sections, wrote way over 2500 characters and added numerous photos.
You're all set!

Last edited by IBJoel; Jul 3, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:23 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IBJoel
You're all set!
Thank you. Writing the reviews is actually a lot of work, but I consider it a way to pay back my fellow FTers with the added bonus of creating a trip diary.
IBobi and bhrubin like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Some of my pictures are getting uploaded incorrectly - they are getting rotated and I can't seem to fix it. Any ideas?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:47 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by United747
Some of my pictures are getting uploaded incorrectly - they are getting rotated and I can't seem to fix it. Any ideas?
Are you uploading directly from your mobile device or were they taken in landscape mode? If so, you might try getting them onto your computer/desktop and seeing if they appear normally.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:15 pm

Are you uploading directly from your mobile device or were they taken in landscape mode? If so, you might try getting them onto your computer/desktop and seeing if they appear normally.
I’m emailing from mobile device to PC, then downloading from Gmail and uploading from there
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:36 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I am trying to upload photos from my laptop to Expert Review, and get the following error message:

There was an error during the upload:
- Error while moving uploaded file to destination folder: check folder permissions on server side

AFAIK, my settings have not changed, and I didn't get this message before. Anyone know what might be the problem? I don't have this problem when uploading photos to "normal" FT messages.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:31 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by SPBanker
I am trying to upload photos from my laptop to Expert Review, and get the following error message:

There was an error during the upload:
- Error while moving uploaded file to destination folder: check folder permissions on server side

AFAIK, my settings have not changed, and I didn't get this message before. Anyone know what might be the problem? I don't have this problem when uploading photos to "normal" FT messages.
How many photos did you try uploading at the same time?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:44 am
Administrator

I’m emailing from mobile device to PC, then downloading from Gmail and uploading from there
Had you rotated the pictures in your phone's camera app? Did you take the photos in landscape and want them in portrait or vice-versa? I tested and the auto-rotation occurred on my PC (which then carried over to FT).
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:44 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
How many photos did you try uploading at the same time?
I tried both one and several (three and four) pics at the same time. In the end I answered the AY+ Forum nonsense thread, uploaded the pics there without any problems, copied the inline pics to the hotel review, and then deleted the nonsense reply. That seemed to do the trick.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:53 pm

Had you rotated the pictures in your phone's camera app? Did you take the photos in landscape and want them in portrait or vice-versa? I tested and the auto-rotation occurred on my PC (which then carried over to FT).
The issue is with the pictures I took in portrait orientation. They seem to get rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise when I go to post them.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:23 pm
Administrator

The issue is with the pictures I took in portrait orientation. They seem to get rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise when I go to post them.
I've tested this just about every way I can think of. The only photos that rotated were ones I had edited on my phone to rotate 90 degrees already (so they ended up just reverting to what they'd originally been). Even then, it rotated on on PC, rather than FlyerTalk rotating it. I believe this is a device issue. Are you taking photos with iPhone or Android?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.