How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
Posting a picture / image; how to add or embed an image or video in a post
HOW TO EMBED IMAGES: See tutorial information in posts 1 - 4.

Not every Forum accepts the embedding of images; for those that do, please follow the FlyerTalk Rules. From the FlyerTalk Rules:

8. Posting of Images link to this rule.
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
To attach of a doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, xls or xlsx file from your device, or to add a thumbnail (or up to six thumbnail photos to your post, see the first and second posts in this thread.

If your image fails to load, the first thing to try is clearing your browser’s cache.

NOTE: At this time, embedding animated images is not allowed (see this link to the FlyerTalk rule).

(Posts with embedded or attached videos, files or images made here as tests of how this works will routinely be deleted for systems efficiency.

/Moderators)

IGUANADON
Print Wikipost

How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:16 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by JDiver
Let’s see today, trying Safari on an iPad... No problems. Yesterday there was a good sized DDOS attack on FT; that may have affected things like uploading attachments or images. Try again, please.
Sorry, what was that? I was distracted by "Gravy Hot Tub" in your picture.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I've asked tech to take a look at the photo upload issue.
Hi, I'm having an unusual problem too. I'm writing a trip report that includes images and when I select them and click upload they don't seem to appear in the post. I have other pictures in there that are working fine. I've tried a both Chrome and Safari so I don't think it's a problem my end. Any tips?

Thanks

EDIT: It looks like it's working again now. Not sure what happened.

Last edited by golfmad; Dec 28, 2018 at 7:55 am
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
I've asked tech to take a look at the photo upload issue.
Photo upload not working for me, image never reaches the post.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Photo upload not working for me, image never reaches the post.
This sounds like the same thing that happened to me a couple of days ago. Bizarrely, the problem just went away by itself a day later.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by damon88
I have never had a problem posting photos in Flyertalk but suddenly I can get to the point where the photo is loaded but when I press upload it just goes back to my message without attaching the photo. This is happening on my dh esktop and on 2 iPhones.
same here .. tried both safari and chrome on a mac

-David
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfmad
This sounds like the same thing that happened to me a couple of days ago. Bizarrely, the problem just went away by itself a day later.
Tried repeatedly, very frustrating, the photo is time sensitive
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Let’s see if this works (FAA L-749 Constellation we used for check rides on ATC equipment). Safari on my iPad.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:14 pm

Let’s see if this works (FAA L-749 Constellation we used for check rides on ATC equipment). Safari on my iPad.
Posting a working example does not negate the fact there appears to be an intermittent problem.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Posting a working example does not negate the fact there appears to be an intermittent problem.
Huh? I’m merely indicating I’m not able to replicate that problem on my device, using Safari - at any time I’ve tried, actually.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:11 pm

Huh? I’m merely indicating I’m not able to replicate that problem on my device, using Safari - at any time I’ve tried, actually.
I understand and I completely accept that it's working for you. However, as I said above, this does not negate the fact that there appears to be an intermittent problem experienced by others.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:29 pm

It's good to know that it seems to be be working using iOS. I've been using Chrome and Safari under Mac OS and it wasn't working correctly.

They symptom was that the attachments were just dropped after clicking the "upload" button when attempting to exit advanced mode. For these it worked as expected.

Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Poster

I understand and I completely accept that it's working for you. However, as I said above, this does not negate the fact that there appears to be an intermittent problem experienced by others.
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
It's good to know that it seems to be be working using iOS. I've been using Chrome and Safari under Mac OS and it wasn't working correctly.

They symptom was that the attachments were just dropped after clicking the "upload" button when attempting to exit advanced mode. For these it worked as expected.

<photo>
I hope tech staff can hunt down and fix the bug after New Year. (Like any major website, it seems the more we grow and the more features are added, something else is affected. Thank you for taking the time to report it.
Attached Images  
golfmad likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:32 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Tech is still looking into this. As you can imagine, every department is a little short-staffed over the holidays.
golfmad likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tech is still looking into this. As you can imagine, every department is a little short-staffed over the holidays.
Still not working, hope they enjoyed their holidays & can get photos upload working soon....
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:54 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by chris63

Still not working, hope they enjoyed their holidays & can get photos upload working soon....
Can you please provide me with your OS and browser?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.