OT: Can I unsubscribe from Mileage Run Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite

without unsubscribing to "Mileage Run Deals"? I'd like to see the deal posts, not so interested in how someone else might get 32,000 miles in the next 2 weeks on an airline I don't fly.

Is there a way to just get the posts in the parent forum without getting all the posts from subforums? Thanks,
ST
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Note - I am finding this post specifically because of an IFTTT connection.

If This, Then That (https://ifttt.com/) creates 'recipes.' One of the recipes I have is "If someone posts in mileage deals, send me an email with the post."

I don't get all the Mileage Discussion or Premium Deals discussions. But all that being said - trust me, there's still a lot of people posting unrelated stuff into the Mileage Run Deals forum... (like people complaining about seeing too much crap, when they only want to see the mileage run deals. )
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:04 am

I'm using this: and only get the deals feed.
But then you have many people posting an actual question thread to the deals forum instead of the discussion subforum which of course will show up since its misfiled (sorry to say it, but yours is misfiled too and was 'spamming' our deals alert rss feed, too )

Last edited by fuyao; Dec 10, 2015 at 10:51 am Reason: edit
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Plat
Exactly!

As OP may or may not know, once threads are moved, they will appear to have been posted to the discussion forum, even though they were originally posted to the deals forum. The thread you're reading is now in the technical support forum!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
So the only way to get the posts I want (Mileage Run Deals, not Discussion) is to have the moderators make Deals a subforum of Discussion as opposed to the way it is now where Discussion is the child? What a great idea!

Of course, getting an FT forum to change takes an act of God or worse, an act of Congress....
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SportsTech
So the only way to get the posts I want (Mileage Run Deals, not Discussion) is to have the moderators make Deals a subforum of Discussion as opposed to the way it is now where Discussion is the child? What a great idea!

Of course, getting an FT forum to change takes an act of God or worse, an act of Congress....
No, you merely have to suggest it and make a case in the TalkBoard Topics forum to the elected members of the TalkBoard.

The problem here, I suspect, is forum structure:

Mileage Run Deals
Mileage Run Discussion

Premium Fare Deals
For searching, there's an option to include (or exclude) in Advanced Search: "Also search in child forums:"

This may reflect something of how fora are structured; perhaps IBobi can chime in.

Or another suggestion, such as having both as subfora to a parent "Mileage Run, Deals and Discussion" forum, or what else you might feel is reasonable, with the current three as child fora. But having Tech / Admin inform us what's feasible is better before a request of TalkBoard, IMO.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 11, 2015 at 8:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.