Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:25 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Issue with side banner ads obscuring posts on iPad Air 2.

Currently using updated Safari browser.

Location. Indonesia but same in UK & China
Attached Images  
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:56 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Issue with side banner ads obscuring posts on iPad Air 2.

Currently using updated Safari browser.

Location. Indonesia but same in UK & China
This will happen when there is a very large image posted in the thread that is displaying on that page of posts.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by fransknorge
The blocking can also be due to the noxious ads that pops up on FT regularly. Several users reported that their work now blocked FT due specifically to that. More info are in the technical support and feedback forum.
Suggestion over here that ISPs may be starting to block FT due to the malicious / edgy ad content.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Mar 25, 2016 at 3:13 am Reason: Added the link that had been ommitted
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Choice Hotels page hogging ad has appeared about ten times today. MacBook Safari 9.0.3 USA.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Advertisements between posts

I have noticed that Flyertalk now places advertisements between posts, rather than beside posts, which I find very intrusive (presumably this is the intention?). (Previously lack of another immediate post meant that you had got to the last post on the page.)
Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

While I agree that the ads between posts is disconcerting, I expect to become accustomed to it, and it does solve the problem of the ads obscuring useful text and inappropriately widening the window.

One workaround, if the interspersed ads really annoy you, is to click the Go Advanced button for posting new content. The new presentation does not have the interspersed ads. It does have the posts in newest-first order, which makes me think that the remedy is worse than the malady.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by Tanic
Choice Hotels page hogging ad has appeared about ten times today. MacBook Safari 9.0.3 USA.
Me too. Really annoying - and it takes its sweet time loading, blocking the page for 10+ seconds before it's possible to dismiss it.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by djmp
Me too. Really annoying - and it takes its sweet time loading, blocking the page for 10+ seconds before it's possible to dismiss it.
+1

Safari user also. I have disabled pop-up ads and never see them anywhere. This Choice ad continues though. It blocks the page for a long time while it loads (so slowly) and then it can't be closed for a couple more seconds. It's too frustrating so I plan to stay away from FT except when I absolutely need info.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by NJNY
+1

Safari user also. I have disabled pop-up ads and never see them anywhere. This Choice ad continues though. It blocks the page for a long time while it loads (so slowly) and then it can't be closed for a couple more seconds. It's too frustrating so I plan to stay away from FT except when I absolutely need info.
You should not see this ad at all unless you fail to log into FT.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
You can't get logged in before this ad appears.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:00 pm

You can't get logged in before this ad appears.
Make sure to click "remember me" and you'll stay logged in. Unless your browser is set to clear cookies. No way around that.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Can we please ditch or relocate the Choice Hotels pop up? It is REALLY annoying and has the opposite of the intended effect. It has made FT almost unusable on my iPad.

Thx.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Sopwith
Can we please ditch or relocate the Choice Hotels pop up? It is REALLY annoying and has the opposite of the intended effect. It has made FT almost unusable on my iPad.
This ad is a big problem for me too. When I browse FT from my work computer I am always logged out, so I see it over and over, delaying me 15 seconds each time. It makes the site unusable.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith

Thx.
Originally Posted by _kurt
This ad is a big problem for me too. When I browse FT from my work computer I am always logged out, so I see it over and over, delaying me 15 seconds each time. It makes the site unusable.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by IBobi

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.