Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:05 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Hi all,

Once again, we want to thank those who are reporting these bad ads, especially when you are able to give us a screen shot. It can help us tremendously, since we report every bad ad to our ad-ups team, in the hopes that they can find and eliminate them on a case-by-case basis. In the near future we hope to be able to handle these on a larger scale. Until then we thank you for your continued patience in working with us.

Paul
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 84fiero
+1 for bringing back the ad-free paid subscription option!

Wouldn't work as it wouldn't allow them to ignore paying customers.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Can't do a screenshot at present but had 2 now whilst browsing the main page of the British Airways forums.

https://www.gamiss.com/?utm_source=webgains&siteid=207485

That's the address of the US? site that replaces the page completely in IE11.
No idea which ad on screen might be triggering this.

Mentions track.webgains.com before the above page loads.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA

And yet again I can’t read FT from my iPad.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:30 pm

While I was trying to view this thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:22 pm

​​​​​​​Again today
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BRK-B
Problem with Ads redirection without clicking anything

Hello,

Sometimes I got redirected to a page with fake virus warning ads without clicking anything, has anyone encountered to this recently? There is no sign of adware or virus on my laptop (if there is there would be more ads), so I believe is the ads itself that has a nasty function to redirect my page. Moderators, could you please check this?

Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...-feedback-386/

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...een-shots.html
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: BRK-B
Hello,

Sometimes I got redirected to a page with fake virus warning ads without clicking anything, has anyone encountered to this recently? There is no sign of adware or virus on my laptop (if there is there would be more ads), so I believe is the ads itself that has a nasty function to redirect my page. Moderators, could you please check this?

Thanks

The site is (DON'T CLICK ON IT)
Spoiler

Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
"Your computer is infected" - issues with Flyertalk on Mac?

Several times now, when visiting the Flyertalk site (and only the Flyertalk site) my browser redirects to a page that looks like it could be from Apple telling me that my Macbook may be infected with a virus - says there are three possible issues - and to click to run a scan. There's no way I'm doing that and I've run my own antivirus software scan and there don't seem to be any issues - I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing or if it's something specific to my computer?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Malware? Have you given it a scrub with Malwarebytes?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:39 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Have a look at the Technical Feedback forum. Sure there is a thread similar to yours.

S
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Several times now, when visiting the Flyertalk site (and only the Flyertalk site) my browser redirects to a page that looks like it could be from Apple telling me that my Macbook may be infected with a virus - says there are three possible issues - and to click to run a scan. There's no way I'm doing that and I've run my own antivirus software scan and there don't seem to be any issues - I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing or if it's something specific to my computer?
It could well be a dodgy piece of advertising that is doing a re-direct, as this is a typical way that they operate the fake scan adverts. I have a similar issue on a site I use for news and these adverts come through every few months or so. I would report them to the IB tech team here at FT in the first instance to make them aware of these and for them to investigate.
710 77345 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:45 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Please see the Technical Feedback Forums.
Those are malicious Ads trying to use your gullibility to install malwares. Internet Brands use ads providers that provide either illegal/malignant ads knowingly and do not act on this long time common feedback.
BearX220 likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 11, 2017 at 7:35 am Reason: Removed discussion of software not approved by IB
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:46 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Post in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...een-shots.html

Others are indeed describing something similar and it appears to be (very) dodgy advertising.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.