Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:37 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
We have paused one of our mobile ad networks -- please let me know if the mobile ad hijacks continue tonight and tomorrow, or if they seem to have stopped...
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:47 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Nothing? Should we assume this has resolved the mobile ad hijacks?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by IBobi
Nothing? Should we assume this has resolved the mobile ad hijacks?
All good for me since yesterday, thank you. ^
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Got identical message as javabytes in #198 this morning except "ATT wifi customer".

Didn't note the domain unfortunately.

iPhone iOS 10.1.1/current version Safari/US
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Yeah, unfortunately I spoke too soon, IBobi. Just got the hijack redirect again. Domain was comparetail(dot)com. Same device specs as rustykettel.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Just happened.

Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Too many autoplaying videos. Sometimes 2 or 3 of them playing the same time with the sound blasting out even though you click on pause and mute. My PC gets really sluggish every time in IE.
Have disabled them yet they still play.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL Gold
Sick of the pop ups. I pledge never to use the products and services of these advertisers.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Dansa
Sick of the pop ups. I pledge never to use the products and services of these advertisers.
And what impact will that have? The adverts are generally placed by third party agencies, not the manufacturer or service provider. If those agencies place inappropriate or overly intrusive ads, Internet Brands takes our feedback and eliminates those. For the rest of those ads, the income provides FlyerTalk (and ~97 other websites) at no cost.

(Internet Brands has under advisement suggestions to offer a paid membership for an ad-free experience, but they've had this under advisement for some time.)
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:34 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This is a Sisyphean task. The fact that this thread is constantly active means that every time one ad is eliminated by Internet Brands, another one replaced it.
Internet Brands should liase with more reliable advertisment company that the current ones. Again the quality of the ads (video on auto play, redirection, pop-under) on FT is on par with pron and warez sites.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Angry Annoying auto play videos

Originally Posted by xenole
Too many autoplaying videos. Sometimes 2 or 3 of them playing the same time with the sound blasting out even though you click on pause and mute. My PC gets really sluggish every time in IE.
Have disabled them yet they still play.
Same here - I open a few tabs with threads I want to read and... half of them starts playing a loud audio - very annoying! I don't mind in-obtrusive ads as they support the forum, but auto play videos make me re consider switching the ....... back on.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by megaloman
Same here - I open a few tabs with threads I want to read and... half of them starts playing a loud audio - very annoying! I don't mind in-obtrusive ads as they support the forum, but auto play videos make me re consider switching the ....... back on.
I switched a particular program off after messages asking me to do so. However my social conscience is drowned out by the high volume of the video ads. I was prepared to try and live with text ads but will not put up with the intrusion of the audio.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
OT: Annoying popin ad (mobile site)

When using this forum on iOS periodically I get a screen refresh (from embedded page data, not a hosted page) which pops up a fake 'open this in App Store' dialog ... pressing anything then tries to send you off elsewhere (hint: hit back in Safari to avoid). You can try and renter the thread and probably won't see the same problem but 'last read' position is lost. Super annoying. Could a mod raise this with the site owners/hosters? Almost certainly a malware laden third party ads server is the cause.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Now getting 'you have won an iPhone 7'

This isn't a 'data' payload but a redirect to this URL

http://cdn.kingmobiz.com/happycrocky/uk/luckywinner17soi_a.html?brand=Apple&volid=aps478&s rc=b2o&model=iPhone&os=IOS

deleted some of the URL as it is likely to contain info about me.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:03 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Technical issues with the site can be raised directly with Internet Brands (IB, the owner of Flyertalk) in the Technical Support forum. We'll move your post over there.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.