Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I'm seeing this too. We are working to resolve it.
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Currently, it works as intended for me on Chrome.
Thanks but what did you for to fix the issue?

Bob
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Bobbex
Thanks but what did you for to fix the issue?

Bob
Nothing. I assumed that something was updated in the mobile skin.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I use FT via my iPhone frequently and always default the site to the regular interface over the mobile interface. I find the mobile interface infuriating and missing many features.

In the last few days FT is now forcing the mobile view on me no matter what I request. This is driving me crazy. Please can you fix this?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Nothing?

This is making FT infuriating on an iPhone. Please please switch the mobile skin off - it is terrible.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:13 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by opalfruit
I use FT via my iPhone frequently and always default the site to the regular interface over the mobile interface. I find the mobile interface infuriating and missing many features.

In the last few days FT is now forcing the mobile view on me no matter what I request. This is driving me crazy. Please can you fix this?
Hi opalfruit, are you going right to the forums or the FlyerTalk front page (with the news and articles) and do you select your account to remain logged in?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:30 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Nothing?

This is making FT infuriating on an iPhone. Please please switch the mobile skin off - it is terrible.
  • MyFlyerTalk
  • Edit Options
  • Never go to Mobile Skin
  • Save

Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
  • MyFlyerTalk
  • Edit Options
  • Never go to Mobile Skin
  • Save

THANKYOU!! ^
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:05 pm

There's an annoying issue where pagination on the mobile site does not work. After researching the issue, it seems like it's an issue when visiting the https site. It's fine when you are just on the http site.

Happens when you're doing a Google search. The search results always returns the https site.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
I've had "Never go to Mobile skin" set for awhile but on a weekly basis I still have to opt-out of the mobile site.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:28 pm

THANKYOU!! ^
Yeah, so, this doesn't seem to work 100% of the time. Every now and then I get a mobile skin page - if I do a refresh, the proper theme comes in. Not a huge deal-breaker, but a bit irritating nonetheless.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:33 pm

I'm seeing this too. We are working to resolve it.
It has been a couple of months, but still not resolved.

Any update? I've taken to just replying to posts where I think there is a link such as this post.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28331147-post338.html

As well, I double post all links as a link and as just text for other mobile users as I do not know which sites go missing and which do not.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:07 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
It has been a couple of months, but still not resolved.

Any update? I've taken to just replying to posts where I think there is a link such as this post.

As well, I double post all links as a link and as just text for other mobile users as I do not know which sites go missing and which do not.
In regards to mobile switching back to the full site, that looks to have been resolved (at least on my Android). For the links and videos, tech is working on a new mobile version that allows URLs and media to display properly.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:10 am

In regards to mobile switching back to the full site, that looks to have been resolved (at least on my Android). For the links and videos, tech is working on a new mobile version that allows URLs and media to display properly.
A pretty quick patch would be to just display the link above/below the embedded media so on mobile you'd at least see the URL.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Yeah, so, this doesn't seem to work 100% of the time. Every now and then I get a mobile skin page - if I do a refresh, the proper theme comes in. Not a huge deal-breaker, but a bit irritating nonetheless.
I tried doing the reload trick as a workaround for the broken (if not non-functional) "Never go to Mobile skin" setting. After the reload the site uses the non-mobile site but it only seems to apply for the current session--if I come back to FT again in as little as 1 or 1.5 hours then I'm back on the mobile site again and need to do another reload.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:55 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by armus
I tried doing the reload trick as a workaround for the broken (if not non-functional) "Never go to Mobile skin" setting. After the reload the site uses the non-mobile site but it only seems to apply for the current session--if I come back to FT again in as little as 1 or 1.5 hours then I'm back on the mobile site again and need to do another reload.
Joel -- sounds like a new jira.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.