Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
I cleared my browser cache and it sticks again.
Cleared cache and cookies, still jumps back to desktop version. Annoying!!!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The mobile skin does not stick any longer. I can select it, but as soon as I go to the next page, it reverts to desktop view. The same happened when the infinite scroll for desktop was initially rolled out. It was fixed, but the bug seems to be back again.

Running Chrome on Android version 7.
Cleared cache and cookies, still jumps back to desktop version. Annoying!!!
I'm having the same problem today.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:04 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Reporting...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:20 am

Add me to the list of folks that can't get the mobile skin to work on iPad. It started a couple weeks ago. iPhone works just fine (goes to mobile), but the iPad won't. Using default safari browser for both, and never changed any setting in the browser or in my ft account.

Just tried clearing all data on my browser, and all that did was make me go through and log in to all my websites again, but FT still won't do mobile. Even clicking the m.flyertalk.com link in the thread wiki takes me to the full site.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:25 am

I noticed embedded stuff doesn't show up when vied on mobile. I am using a BlackBerry PRIV running Android 6.0.1

The embedded stuff that fails to display that I have noticed is Twitter and YouTube.

An example can be found here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27945060-post3798.html

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 23, 2017 at 10:04 am Reason: Make link clickable
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I no longer can jump pages when on my iPhone. Have to select "full site" and change page numbers. For example. Thread has 100 pages, I click on thread in mobile view, it takes me to a random page (not the last page). I scroll down to bottom and no longer at to move forward to next page. Have to click view full site and then select next page and on and on. When I select the next page while in full view, it reverts BACK to mobile. Really annoying. Cleared cache. No change. Cleared cookies. No dhange. Reset all data. No fhange. Stock iOS 10 with safari.
Super frustrating!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I noticed embedded stuff doesn't show up when vied on mobile. I am using a BlackBerry PRIV running Android 6.0.1

The embedded stuff that fails to display that I have noticed is Twitter and YouTube.

An example can be found here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27945060-post3798.html
so I tried to view the full website to see the embedded video, and now I kept hitting the view mobile site button but every new page I open goes back to the full website.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:48 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
so I tried to view the full website to see the embedded video, and now I kept hitting the view mobile site button but every new page I open goes back to the full website.
I'm seeing this too. We are working to resolve it.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I'm seeing this too. We are working to resolve it.
Great, thank you.

Instagram is also affected as you can see in the image linked here. http://m.imgur.com/ZgG9jh5

WR Cage posted an instagram link, and I cannot see it, but I can see the link address in the reply below posted by HerpaYvr.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I'm on my mobile right now and didn't scroll to see if this has been asked:

1) When I am in a thread, and want to go back to the sub-forum I just came from, this can only be done by clicking "back".
Scrolling to the top, the sub forum name is not clickeable. The only option is to click on the main forum and the clicking through to the sub forum again.

2) if I am on page 30 of a thread, the only way to take me back to the sub-forum is to click back. If I have clicked through several pages of the thread it means I have to click "back" several times.
​​​​​​a) would be nice to have a quick way to go back to the start of the thread (not by selecting page 1/...) and
b) even if I end up on page 1 of the thread I have the same problem as stated in point #1 of this post.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:18 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I'm on my mobile right now and didn't scroll to see if this has been asked:

1) When I am in a thread, and want to go back to the sub-forum I just came from, this can only be done by clicking "back".
Scrolling to the top, the sub forum name is not clickeable. The only option is to click on the main forum and the clicking through to the sub forum again.

2) if I am on page 30 of a thread, the only way to take me back to the sub-forum is to click back. If I have clicked through several pages of the thread it means I have to click "back" several times.
​​​​​​a) would be nice to have a quick way to go back to the start of the thread (not by selecting page 1/...) and
b) even if I end up on page 1 of the thread I have the same problem as stated in point #1 of this post.
Hi Gilbert, what browser are you using? I tried this on Android/Chrome and was unable to make the error happen.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
Add me to the list of folks that can't get the mobile skin to work on iPad. It started a couple weeks ago. iPhone works just fine (goes to mobile), but the iPad won't. Using default safari browser for both, and never changed any setting in the browser or in my ft account.

Just tried clearing all data on my browser, and all that did was make me go through and log in to all my websites again, but FT still won't do mobile. Even clicking the m.flyertalk.com link in the thread wiki takes me to the full site.
I Have the opposite. I have the mobile skin turned off (hate it) and it was working but as of a couple days ago it is showing. This is Safari. I checked setting and the never use mobile skin is still checked.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:32 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi Gilbert, what browser are you using? I tried this on Android/Chrome and was unable to make the error happen.
Same. I'm on Android/Chrome.

Using this thread as an example, if I scroll up all the way to page 1, I have the 'parent threads' of:

"Home / Technical Support and Feedback"

One would assume that clicking on "Technical Support and Feedback" would take me to that sub forum. But it doesn't. It's not a 'link'.
BUT "home" IS.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
The mobile skin does not stick any longer. I can select it, but as soon as I go to the next page, it reverts to desktop view. The same happened when the infinite scroll for desktop was initially rolled out. It was fixed, but the bug seems to be back again.
I have been experiencing this problem since last week and have tried clearing cookies and my history several times. Additionally, even though I have disabled it in my settings Infinite scroll is back and I have to disable that on every thread/new page.

I am running Chrome on an Android phone.

Can you recommend any fixes?
Bob

Last edited by Bobbex; Mar 28, 2017 at 8:37 am
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Bobbex
I have been experiencing this problem since last week and have tried clearing cookies and my history several times. Additionally, even though I have disabled it in my settings Infinite scroll is back and I have to disable that on every thread/new page.

I am running Chrome on an Android phone.

Can you recommend any fixes?
Bib
Currently, it works as intended for me on Chrome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.