♦️PLEASE READ♦️: Tech Support & Feedback Rules, TIPS & TRICKS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Please read:

NOTE: Occasionally, Admin or Tech may use this forum to test software behavior in a "live" forum. Please just ignore.

Welcome to the Technical Support and Feedback forum.

Sometimes something isn't working as we think it should on FlyerTalk or its supporting platform software, vBulletin; this is the place for your requests for assistance. As well, we always want to receive "tech" related feedback from our members; this forum is the place for that. (The Suggestion Box forum exists for more general, non-technical feedback for the Community Director.)

Note that Admin and Tech do not maintain 24/7 coverage here, rather attend US Pacific work hours and days. If you post a question on a holiday or weekend, you may not get a reply until the next work day.

If you're new: It takes a little time to learn to learn to navigate FlyerTalk and there really isn't much of a shortcut. But we can guarantee for most that the time spent on FlyerTalk will be returned tenfold in easier, more comfortable and knowledgable travel.

When browsing the fora, look at the page tops of the various forums. There will be a menu, and often "sticky" threads, and threads with header "Wikiposts" (created and maintained by the FlyerTalk community) with important information relating to that forum / topic. Those Wikiposts can be enabled or hidden and must be expanded to read.

Don't hesitate to contact a moderator or another member if you have any additional questions, or if you wish to report a misplaced or inappropriate post. You can message a forum's Moderators by clicking on to the left of the post in question, which pops up a message box; the message goes to all Moderators of a forum, or to the four Senior Moderators if there are no appointed Moderators. (Note that unlike some sites with paid staff moderators, FlyerTalk Moderators are volunteers, and most work, travel, go on holiday, etc.)

Links to some of the most commonly presented issues in the Technical Support and Feedback are listed below.

cblaisd and JDiver, Tech Support and Feedback Co-Moderators

If you are new here, you may want to start by signing in and reading the Information Desk Forum here.

Here are some other resources to look at initially (click on the blue links):
[image]http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif[/IMG]
Print Wikipost

♦️PLEASE READ♦️: Tech Support & Feedback Rules, TIPS & TRICKS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
How can I update profile? cant see where to edit and now add United GS?
Help
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:31 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by shelby101
How can I update profile? cant see where to edit and now add United GS?
Help
You can edit that here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editprofile
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
A new Flyertalk format shown up on my desktop (the only place I use FT), and it is killing me! How can I go back to the regular format where I can flip through thread pages and I can check my posts?

The version currently up on my computer shows threads in long continuous format and lacking my name on the top right side thereby depriving me from knowing responses to threads I subscribe to!

Please help - thank you!
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:29 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kalboz
A new Flyertalk format shown up on my desktop (the only place I use FT), and it is killing me! How can I go back to the regular format where I can flip through thread pages and I can check my posts?

The version currently up on my computer shows threads in long continuous format and lacking my name on the top right side thereby depriving me from knowing responses to threads I subscribe to!

Please help - thank you!
Likely you got into the mobile skin. Click the 3 lines in the top left corner. From that menu, select "View Full Site"
Kalboz likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
A thread started this morning on the Qatar Airways forum, titled something like "Would you want to fly with this airline?" completely disappeared between around 10:45 and 11:15 UK time.

#Prospero says it looks like it's been hard-deleted, something mods can't do - only the Internet Brands Admin Team can do this. Is this likely, and if so why?

Or could this be a data corruption error?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
A thread started this morning on the Qatar Airways forum, titled something like "Would you want to fly with this airline?" completely disappeared between around 10:45 and 11:15 UK time.

#Prospero says it looks like it's been hard-deleted, something mods can't do - only the Internet Brands Admin Team can do this. Is this likely, and if so why?

Or could this be a data corruption error?
The moderator has now responded in the Qatar forum.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
How do I post a tweet from Twitter?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:04 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Newman
How do I post a tweet from Twitter?
It should embed with just the URL
Old Sep 3, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Emails formerly from
[email protected]
are now coming from
[email protected]
?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.