Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT iOS app 1.4 discussion and feedback

NOTE: The app is not supported nor available through the App Store. The app will no longer work at all since the 28 March 2016 revisions to FlyerTalk.

FT iOS app (v. 1.4 is the most recent) is not currently available, nor is it supported. See IBobi's post, duplicated here:

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's not fixable. It's a core software functionality and can't be addressed at this time. We know what's causing it, and it would require a huge development effort for something that is essentially a minor, periodic annoyance. We'd much rather spend that time developing the new site features we're working on instead.

As to the App crashes, we are no longer supporting the app in its current form and have recommended using the full site on a mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome for the time being.

Thank you for your understanding.
Originally Posted by IBobi
Closing thread -- app is no longer functioning, and has not been available on app store for years nor supported by tech team.

Please use either the mobile skin or the full site on your mobile browser until such time as a new app is available. Thank you!
(This wikipost is locked and may be edited by moderators.)

Wikipost instructions: wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

+1 for use of iPhone 5 screen size..
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:19 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
New Apple App 1.4

Did you even test the new 1.4 app for flyertalk forum?

There is now a huge space between every post in a thread. Go on. Check for yourself.

And there are overlapping issues between posts where they merge and become unreadable.

Hope you fix these issues.

The new icons and transparency of the font / smiley icon are improvements. As well as being able to properly start a new thread in a forum
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by rxfleming

There is now a huge space between every post in a thread. Go on. Check for yourself.

And there are overlapping issues between posts where they merge and become unreadable.

The new icons and transparency of the font / smiley icon are improvements. As well as being able to properly start a new thread in a forum
Just came by to post something similar.

Still haven't addressed pretty much any of the major complaints about the iPhone app that have been discussed before.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:36 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by rxfleming

I see the extra space issue happening -- it only appears to happen when someone is quoted in the post -- that generates a big space at the end of the post, before the next one starts. Are you seeing the space in other instances?

Can you link a thread where the overlap is happening, because I'm not seeing that.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by jackal
Just came by to post something similar.

Still haven't addressed pretty much any of the major complaints about the iPhone app that have been discussed before.
Subforums are now defaulting to OPEN, which was a major complaint that has been addressed.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:47 pm
formerly rxfleming

New Apple App 1.4

Happening on this

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1483501-a380-lax-lhr.html
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:47 pm
formerly rxfleming

New Apple App 1.4

And only seeing space on quote posts like you said.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:56 pm

Thank you rx -- reporting this for fix!

Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:10 pm

New Apple App 1.4

Getting better, but not an A+ app yet.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
New Apple App 1.4

Mine is now in french instead of english. Any way to change the app-language?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
The "first unread" option does not bring one (or at least me) the the first unread post as it does on the desktop site and in some cases, it's two or 3 pages behind where it should be from the first unread post
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Muerz
Mine is now in french instead of english. Any way to change the app-language?
Did that just happen? Is it happening in the forum too?

Any of your other apps doing this as well?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:13 pm

New Apple App 1.4

This big gap is annoying. Any ETA on a fix, or will we waiting until the next version?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen
This big gap is annoying. Any ETA on a fix, or will we waiting until the next version?
Since that is clearly a bug that appeared in this new version today, I would expect they will address it as part of the roll-out process rather than waiting for a whole new build.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Very pleasantly surprised to see that I can now actually read announcement posts on my iPhone ^ but.....

There are currently two site wide announcements-1 is a poll/survey and the other is about frequent business traveling and I opened up the poll/survey post and I was able to take the poll/survey but when I open the other announcement (frequent business traveling), it opens up the same survey announcement post
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
Very pleasantly surprised to see that I can now actually read announcement posts on my iPhone ^ but.....

There are currently two site wide announcements-1 is a poll/survey and the other is about frequent business traveling and I opened up the poll/survey post and I was able to take the poll/survey but when I open the other announcement (frequent business traveling), it opens up the same survey announcement post
Possibly it hadn't been tested with more than 1 announcement running on teh same page. I'll have them look at it. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.