Reload this Page >

Page boundary errors. E.g. Clicking on "last" page brings next to last page

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Page boundary errors. E.g. Clicking on "last" page brings next to last page

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Right, so how about fixing that pagination error? Based on the count of pages in this thread -- no pun intended -- this is something that has been around for a while.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:20 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Saltire74
I am having this problem on the EK Forum (Emirates Wishlist For 2016). I have changed the number of posts per page but there are at least 2 new posts that are not displaying.

Have attached photos showing who posted the last post displaying on the thread from the forum homepage and the last page of the thread.

S
I'll take a look.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
I am having this problem on the EK Forum (Emirates Wishlist For 2016). I have changed the number of posts per page but there are at least 2 new posts that are not displaying.

Have attached photos showing who posted the last post displaying on the thread from the forum homepage and the last page of the thread.

S
Tech is working to fix. Can take up to 1 day.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
How a decade just went by....

Originally Posted by techie
Right, so how about fixing that pagination error? Based on the count of pages in this thread -- no pun intended -- this is something that has been around for a while.
This problem has been around for a loooong while. I personally discussed it with FT tech staff for some threads in Asia Forum via PMs about 10 years ago. Some of us had actively presented this pagination issue 8 years ago in the other thread.

I would think if admin ever deems this big enough a problem and/or decides to tackle it, we wouldn't have to report it again in 2016.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:02 pm

Pagination issue is never going away. It's core VB and the only workaround is to jog the server when it happens, every so often.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:15 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by IBobi
Tech is working to fix. Can take up to 1 day.
Working again.

Thanks

S
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Pagination issue is never going away. It's core VB and the only workaround is to jog the server when it happens, every so often.
When it comes to software, there is no such thing as "never going away". Code can always be modified to work one way or another. It may not be easy, but it is certainly not impossible. I would have thought that FT is a site that is big enough to put pressure on VB to pull their finger out.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a true Windows solution.

When I first saw "core VB" I thought, VisualBasic?...
Old May 16, 2017, 9:37 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Cannot Access Last Page of Thread

I cannot access the last page of American Express personal Platinum (USA) metal card.

I can see that people are creating new posts from My FlyerTalk.

When I access it on Desktop clicking the last page takes me to the second to last page.

When I access it on iPhone clicking the link in My FlyerTalk takes me to USA: New personal Platinum benefits; Higher annual fee ($550).

For desktop I am running Mac Sierra 10.12.4. I have tried Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) and Safari Version 10.1 (12603.1.30.0.34).

For iPhone I am running iOS 10.3.2 and Chrome 58.0.3029.113.

Whether I am logged in to FlyerTalk or not does not make a difference.

Clearing caches does not make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated, and hopefully this report can be of use to FlyerTalk in resolving the problem
Old May 17, 2017, 4:07 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
C W, have you tried contacting mia, the moderator of the forum? I'm wondering if a user made a post in the first thread you linked but maybe the post was moved to the second one you linked, which is why you were redirected there? I'd start with that and see if something like that happened.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:11 am
C W

Originally Posted by lo2e
C W, have you tried contacting mia, the moderator of the forum? I'm wondering if a user made a post in the first thread you linked but maybe the post was moved to the second one you linked, which is why you were redirected there? I'd start with that and see if something like that happened.
Thanks, I'll send mia a PM.

I'll also leave my post here in case it is of use to IBobi.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:49 am
C W

Originally Posted by lo2e
Originally Posted by C W
Thanks, I'll send mia a PM.

I'll also leave my post here in case it is of use to IBobi.
Thanks to mia for fixing this very quickly ^
Old May 17, 2017, 5:11 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by C W
Thanks to mia for fixing this very quickly ^
Glad that worked! ^

Just for my own curiosity and possibly the benefit of the folks at IB, is what I put what actually happened? I recall there was/is a bug that causes pagination issues when something like that happens, but I'd like to know for sure if that was the issue.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:23 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Most likely it was. And then the system does a refresh and self-corrects.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.