Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The posts from 2012-2016 have been archived to this thread.
Print Wikipost

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Hello. My email subscription notifications stopped on August 6th for some reason. I tried updating my email address and unsubscribing to a few forums and re-subscribing but it's not working. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell
Hello. My email subscription notifications stopped on August 6th for some reason. I tried updating my email address and unsubscribing to a few forums and re-subscribing but it's not working. Any suggestions?
Yes I had the same situation for 2 months, contacted the support and was told to change the server that email address is on or essentially gave them a different email address with a different provider. I was told the old provider started blocking notifications, and I still do not know why suddenly it just happen.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Yes I had the same situation for 2 months, contacted the support and was told to change the server that email address is on or essentially gave them a different email address with a different provider. I was told the old provider started blocking notifications, and I still do not know why suddenly it just happen.
Ditto, try use Gmail as that seems to work without issue.
JDiver and IBobi like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Switching to a new email worked for me. Same email provider (I own the domain) but just different address.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:03 am

Switching to a new email worked for me. Same email provider (I own the domain) but just different address.
Interesting, I wonder why that is. The back-end IP of the e-mail hosting is likely to be the same so sounds like a domain block rather than a host level/IP block? Or is it possible a higher level of spam filtering in place on your existing address?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
Interesting, I wonder why that is. The back-end IP of the e-mail hosting is likely to be the same so sounds like a domain block rather than a host level/IP block? Or is it possible a higher level of spam filtering in place on your existing address?
I suspect there was a glitch/bounce with godaddy (my email provider) at one point and flyertalk can't seem to recover from it. Switching to a new email (same domain, same back-end godaddy business email) seemed to reset things.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
How can I change my notification settings ?
Is there a "Manage Notifications" setting / page somewhere I can go down a list of my subscribed threads and change to none, daily, weekly, instant etc........ ?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
How can I change my notification settings ?
Is there a "Manage Notifications" setting / page somewhere I can go down a list of my subscribed threads and change to none, daily, weekly, instant etc........ ?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by flashware

This does not seem to do it for me :-(

I get:

MYFLYERTALK

Welcome, Sisyphus1carus.

Subscribed Forums

Mileage Run Deals

Hotel Deals

Emirates Skywards

Qatar Airways Privilege Club

InterContinental Hotels IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador

Radisson Hotel Group Radisson Rewards

Travel Tools

But no option to change any notifications. I also have far more threads that I am subscribed to, whereas this simply lists the main forums I have subscribed threads in and those are just clickable links which take me to the relevant subforum as if I was browsing - not in any way to amend my subscriptions or notification options.

Where do I go from this page as none of the links I click on take me somewhere I can manege my notifications per subscribed thread or which threads I am subscribed to.

Thanks for your continued help.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:41 am

This does not seem to do it for me :-(

I get:

MYFLYERTALK

Welcome, Sisyphus1carus.

Subscribed Forums

Mileage Run Deals

Hotel Deals

Emirates Skywards

Qatar Airways Privilege Club

InterContinental Hotels IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador

Radisson Hotel Group Radisson Rewards

Travel Tools

But no option to change any notifications. I also have far more threads that I am subscribed to, whereas this simply lists the main forums I have subscribed threads in and those are just clickable links which take me to the relevant subforum as if I was browsing - not in any way to amend my subscriptions or notification options.

Where do I go from this page as none of the links I click on take me somewhere I can manege my notifications per subscribed thread or which threads I am subscribed to.

Thanks for your continued help.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/subs...n&folderid=all

Then put a tick next to each thread and you can mass update with No Email, Instant Email, Daily Email or Weekly Email notification.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:46 am

This does give me a list of all of my subscribed threads but I don't see any tick boxes next to the threads. This just gives me a list and I can click on the thread heading and it takes me into the thread :-(
I'm doing this on a PC.....Oh, I will try a different browser perhaps.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

Thanks again.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:54 am

WOW !!

The answer was to switch from using Chrome to using Mozilla.

So Chrome shows the forum very differently to Mozilla.

I was using Chrome and it doesn't display the tick boxes OR the notification method drop box etc.....

Thankyou very much for your help. Crappy Chrome strikes again.

I love you Flashware !!!!!!!

And HATE Chrome !
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:55 am

WOW !!

So chrome shows the forum very differently to Mozilla.

I was using Chrome and it doesn't display the tick boxes OR the notification method drop box.

Thankyou very much for your help. Crappy Chrome strikes again.
No worries. They show for me on Chrome, on the right hand side of the table.....
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:58 am

Not me.....Chrome shows nothing like in Mozilla.
Lovely Jubbly.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:59 am

Not me.....Chrome shows nothing like in Mozilla.
Lovely Jubbly.
Very strange indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.