Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The posts from 2012-2016 have been archived to this thread.
Print Wikipost

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:21 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
How have your notifications been since you made this post?
No issues...but only because tech support apparently manually unsubscribed and resubscribed me (again with no email notifications) to all of my threads.

Tech support still has no idea why I was suddenly getting email notifications despite having no emails selected originally for every thread.

#italwayshappenstome
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
No emails last night
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by danger
Interesting. I'm not the only one then.
That must be 2 or 3 months with no notification emails for subscribed threads, except one which sneaked through a couple of days ago.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
So is anything being done about it?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:34 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
jim and ft, I've notified tech about this. I'd normally say your email provider is blocking them, but getting that one notification a few days ago seems weird.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Emails have stopped again

Hi Joel and team, no overnight email notifications for the last few days. Do you have any information? Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Hi Joel and team, no overnight email notifications for the last few days. Do you have any information? Thanks.

Still no emails, anythjng in this?
thanks
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Dead again for me as well. No instant or nightly notifications. But I did get the newsletter
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:44 pm
Administrator

I've worked with our tech team on this and they believe that it's your (jasonvr and jimdarcy) email server. You both have the same parent company for your email domains, which leads us to believe that they updated their blacklist. TalkMail uses a different system, so that's why you're still able to get it.
jackal likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:46 pm

I've worked with our tech team on this and they believe that it's your (jasonvr and jimdarcy) email server. You both have the same parent company for your email domains, which leads us to believe that they updated their blacklist. TalkMail uses a different system, so that's why you're still able to get it.
nothing in my spam folder...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:01 am

the emails came came last night. This is not an issue with email providers or Black lists.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
the emails came came last night. This is not an issue with email providers or Black lists.
I agree. When I had the issue a few months ago (reported above) I changed to a different email address but with the same domain. That worked.

The problem is not email providers.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
nothing in my spam folder...
A blacklist wouldn't cause it to go into Spam. A blacklist would either bounce the message back to the sender or cause it to be silently bounced and deleted.

A real-life example of a bounce message the company I work for received 16 hours ago (on a non-spam, transactional email requested specifically by the customer):

Code:
An error occurred while trying to deliver the mail to the following recipients:
p***@c***.com
Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822; p***@c***.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-Verification failed for <0***@amazonses.com>
 550-Connection rejected: SPAM source amazonses.com is manually blacklisted.
 550 Sender verify failed
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:25 am

Am I on the same list as jasonvr and jimdarcy? I'm also still getting no notifications.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:47 pm
Administrator

You are using a different domain, but the same problem exists with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.