Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The posts from 2012-2016 have been archived to this thread.
Print Wikipost

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Good to hear it!
thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
In the past 24 or so hours I haven't received any email notifications of new posts in threads I'm subscribed to. Six or so hours ago I even contributed a post to an existing thread which has received about a dozen subsequent posts and still no email notifications.

My subscriptions still show as instant notification when I look at them in my profile.

Has something changed?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by danger
In the past 24 or so hours I haven't received any email notifications of new posts in threads I'm subscribed to. Six or so hours ago I even contributed a post to an existing thread which has received about a dozen subsequent posts and still no email notifications.

My subscriptions still show as instant notification when I look at them in my profile.

Has something changed?
I received notifications of updates to a thread I monitor in a forum I rarely frequent (the last time was this morning). I've been on the instant update notification list for several years. I've received these update emails except when I fail to visit the thread, and until after I next visit the thread. Once I ignored the update notification, and the next time I visited the thread there had been several posts added updating the thread. I was not notified, but that's as it should be according to this feature's design.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation or not, but it does seem to explain why some others aren't getting notifications.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation or not, but it does seem to explain why some others aren't getting notifications.
I've been a member of FT since 2002 and have always received email notifications of subscribed threads, barring the odd sporadic problem, until some months ago.

Comcast has been my email provider for many years but I was told by an administrator that I might have to change my email address to a gmail account in order to start receiving notifications again, a solution which would not be practical for me.

In other words, one's email address may also be the factor.
IBobi likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:35 pm

I'm somehow getting unsubscribed from a thread I have set as instant notification in the Miles Buzz forum (the Marriott tweeting thread). Can't figure out why. I keep resubscribing, and it keeps dropping off. I get a few emails then it stops, and no longer shows up as a subscribed thread. Does not seem to matter whether I access the thread from my phone, my ipad or my desktop computer.

Any idea why?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hmmm. I changed my email address and that seems to have fixed it. It's odd though as the new email address uses the same domain.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's good to know! Thanks.

Originally Posted by Fredd
I've been a member of FT since 2002 and have always received email notifications of subscribed threads, barring the odd sporadic problem, until some months ago.

Comcast has been my email provider for many years but I was told by an administrator that I might have to change my email address to a gmail account in order to start receiving notifications again, a solution which would not be practical for me.

In other words, one's email address may also be the factor.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:33 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by 466SHH
I'm somehow getting unsubscribed from a thread I have set as instant notification in the Miles Buzz forum (the Marriott tweeting thread). Can't figure out why. I keep resubscribing, and it keeps dropping off. I get a few emails then it stops, and no longer shows up as a subscribed thread. Does not seem to matter whether I access the thread from my phone, my ipad or my desktop computer.

Any idea why?
Could you link the thread (or PM me, if you'd rather) so I can take a look? That seems pretty unusual.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Could you link the thread (or PM me, if you'd rather) so I can take a look? That seems pretty unusual.
PM sent. Thanks.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:46 am

I haven't had an updated thread notification for 3 or 4 weeks now, despite the subscriptions still looking unchanged. TalkMail still gets through though.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ft101
I haven't had an updated thread notification for 3 or 4 weeks now, despite the subscriptions still looking unchanged. TalkMail still gets through though.
Interesting. I'm not the only one then.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
I didn't know TalkMail was still being published. I no longer get that either.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:33 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Fredd
I didn't know TalkMail was still being published. I no longer get that either.
PM @IBJoel if you want your name re-added to the TM mailing list.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by danger
Interesting. I'm not the only one then.
same here, and I can't receive activation emails either. It's a hotmail address.
I changed my notifications to a gmail address I use and now I get them, but my hotmail address is my primary email
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by bernyx
same here, and I can't receive activation emails either. It's a hotmail address.
I changed my notifications to a gmail address I use and now I get them, but my hotmail address is my primary email
My primary address is a Comcast address. I also have a Hotmail address. Those are hardly unknown but almost 15 years after I first joined FT they are no longer viable options to get FT notifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.