FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Change user name / username / handle: Can I? How? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1314796-change-user-name-username-handle-can-i-how.html)

FlyinHawaiian Aug 7, 2014 7:32 am

Suggest you contact the Admins of this site via http://www.flyertalk.com/help/feedbacktxt.php

AllieKat Nov 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Username?

May I change my name to AllieKat ? Allie is the name I use in my daily life and AllieKat is my registration on another site as well.

JDiver Dec 5, 2014 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by AllieKat (Post 23921261)
May I change my name to AllieKat ? Allie is the name I use in my daily life and AllieKat is my registration on another site as well.

Allie, the answer is "probably" - assuming it's available. In your case, it was fine. Great!

For anyone else, please read the wiki and then send a PM to the Community Director at SanDiego1K to make your case and let her know what you'd like to be known as around these parts. :)

OxfordBlue Dec 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Hello. I sent a request several days ago to change my username, but haven't had a reply do far.. Just checking to see if it's been received? I did follow the procedure posted in this thread.. TIA

IBobi Dec 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by pmcgurk (Post 23987084)
Hello. I sent a request several days ago to change my username, but haven't had a reply do far.. Just checking to see if it's been received? I did follow the procedure posted in this thread.. TIA

I have asked Grace (IBgkim) to help you out with this.

Paul

OxfordBlue Dec 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 23987159)
I have asked Grace (IBgkim) to help you out with this.

Paul

Thank you very much IBobi and IBgkim for sorting this and changing my username, much appreciated..

Mandy Lender Feb 23, 2015 12:24 pm

How do I close a duplicate FT account?

Thanks for your help.
I opened a duplicate FT account by error. I wish to close it. I can'r find instructions.

IBgkim Feb 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello,

What is the username of your duplicate FT account?

Originally Posted by Mandy Lender (Post 24401502)
Thanks for your help.
I opened a duplicate FT account by error. I wish to close it. I can'r find instructions.

MSPeconomist Feb 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Are the username rules in the wiki correct and complete? One bullet point says that only Roman letters and Arabic numerals are permitted, but a later bullet point suggests that spaces be inserted in usernames. Also, I've seen a lot of FT usernames that contain punctuation such as hyphens, plus underscores to emphasize a space.

IBobi Feb 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 24403509)
Are the username rules in the wiki correct and complete? One bullet point says that only Roman letters and Arabic numerals are permitted, but a later bullet point suggests that spaces be inserted in usernames. Also, I've seen a lot of FT usernames that contain punctuation such as hyphens, plus underscores to emphasize a space.

Strictly speaking, that is a contradiction, you're right. Also, it actually is possible to use non-alphanumeric characters.

The caveat is, if you use non-alphanumeric characters, you may have some trouble with the functionality of the site from time to time, but you are not actually locked out from selecting a username with those characters.

As it stands, it's imperfect, but I'm comfortable that it lays out the whys and wherefores well enough.

JDiver Feb 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 24403509)

The wiki quote box merely reflects the current FlyerTalk Rules section on Usernames, as seen here: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#usernames. No liberties or attempts to interpret have been made other tha the introductory and end statements.

nomad420 Jul 30, 2015 11:46 am

New member ?

How can I change my user name? Don't see it in the profiles area. I feel a little uncomfortable using my full name on the various threads.

SkiAdcock Jul 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Send a private message to the CommunityDirector, sandiego1k, and ask for her assistance.

You might want to refrain from posting until she's made the change.

Cheers.

SanDiego1K Jul 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Both IBobi and I can help. Send a PM to one of us with the handle you'd like to use. We'll need to check and make sure it is available. We want you to be comfortable posting on FlyerTalk and are very happy to work with you on this change.

MrTemporal Aug 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Change signon name?

Is there any way to change my sign-on name while keeping the same email address? I assume I need an administrator to do that for me, since I can't seem to find a way to do it myself.