FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Can't back up. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1305670-cant-back-up.html)

DoggyDaddy Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Can't back up.

Is it my machine or what? In Flyertalk, I can't back up on threads, I have to go to the main title. It's a real pain. This only seems to happen on Flyertalk, as my machine works OK on other sites, like Cruise Critic. Am I doing anything wrong?

DD

tom911 Jan 22, 2012 11:01 pm

What browser are you using? I use Firefox and the back button works fine with it.

DoggyDaddy Jan 23, 2012 5:48 am

I'm using Explorer 8.

IBobi Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Please see this Microsoft explanation and security patch recommendation:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978729

DoggyDaddy Jan 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Tried the patch, but my system would not update. Using Google Chrome, the back works OK, so I will use this whenever I am on Flyertalk. Still don't know why this only happens on Flyertalk.

DD

uszkanni Feb 4, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm having a similar problem.

When using IE8 I noticed that it took 2 clicks on the back button to actually go back to the previously visited FT page. I checked the back button's drop down and saw that a link to facebook was being inserted as the previous page. This is not the case when I use Firefox where the back button works as expected.

Not sure how Facebook is getting into the chain of visited sites (I NEVER use FB) and why it's only happening with IE8.

Any thoughts?

uszkanni Feb 4, 2012 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by uszkanni (Post 17952445)
I'm having a similar problem.

When using IE8 I noticed that it took 2 clicks on the back button to actually go back to the previously visited FT page. I checked the back button's drop down and saw that a link to facebook was being inserted as the previous page. This is not the case when I use Firefox where the back button works as expected.

Not sure how Facebook is getting into the chain of visited sites (I NEVER use FB) and why it's only happening with IE8.

Any thoughts?

Forgot to mention that this behaviour seems to be relatively new. I don't remember having to double click on the back button in the past.

-------
NEW INFO:

Have noticed that various facebook.com URLs are being inserted into the previously visited page list on other sites (eg, Yahoo.com) as well. This can be seen if you go to yahoo.com and select some news story. Then look at the list of URLs associated with the back button. FB crap can be seen. Only seems to happen when using IE (8 in my case, don't know if it also happens with IE9) and not with every website. Wonder if this is (a buggy) attempt by FB to collect info on users web usage. Firefox seems to be immune from this, so I guess that's my new browser.

dwcatty Mar 6, 2013 10:21 am

I recently began having an intermittent failure of my back button here on FT as well. I'm on IE8 on my office computer. When I click the back button - nothing. When I pull down my past web pages I see nine entries for www.img.mediaplex.com/content/0/1616. This only seems to happen to me on FT, not at any other site. Any ideas what this is?

IBcash Mar 6, 2013 12:18 pm

We are looking into this and will update as soon as we have any insight into the problem. Thank you!

IBcash Mar 6, 2013 4:11 pm

If possible, please take screenshots when this happens and send them to us. We think this is connected to certain ads but cannot determine which they are unless we have screenshots. Thank you!

IBobi Mar 8, 2013 12:28 pm

Is anyone still experiencing this back-button issue?

ExitRowAisle Mar 10, 2013 8:35 am

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 20385003)
Is anyone still experiencing this back-button issue?

Yes, and it just recently began happening again after your website had been working properly for a long period of time.

mcgahat Mar 10, 2013 9:09 am

Just started this morning for me. I just flipped over to firefox and all is good. I am running IE9 and it seemed to happen all the time for me not just sometimes.

Ok, I went back into IE and used in private browsing to give me a fresh start cookie wise and it worked fine.

travis bickle Mar 14, 2013 2:59 am

exact same thing

Originally Posted by dwcatty (Post 20371229)
I recently began having an intermittent failure of my back button here on FT as well. I'm on IE8 on my office computer. When I click the back button - nothing. When I pull down my past web pages I see nine entries for www.img.mediaplex.com/content/0/1616. This only seems to happen to me on FT, not at any other site. Any ideas what this is?

happening here.

seemed to hit me a few days ago.

when i went to FT this morning same situation, again.

does not happen with any other site.

JDiver Mar 15, 2013 4:32 pm

If anyone has the time, it would genuinely help. Thanks!

Originally Posted by IBcash (Post 20373425)
If possible, please take screenshots when this happens and send them to us. We think this is connected to certain ads but cannot determine which they are unless we have screenshots. Thank you!