FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   question re flyertalk icons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1215420-question-re-flyertalk-icons.html)

amarcia May 14, 2011 8:26 am

question re flyertalk icons

almost all posts have a blue box with a check (i think) in the box preceding the texts. what does that mean? i've looked at the flyertalk glossary but can't find icon definitions. if there is such a thing, pls tell me where it is.

vasantn May 14, 2011 9:05 am

Originally Posted by amarcia (Post 16384314)
almost all posts have a blue box with a check (i think) in the box preceding the texts. what does that mean? i've looked at the flyertalk glossary but can't find icon definitions. if there is such a thing, pls tell me where it is.

Have you tried hovering over the icons in question? :D

JDiver May 14, 2011 9:18 am

If signed in:

Circle = if blue, poster is not on line; if green, poster is currently on line

Triangular, red-bordered sign with exclamation point within: "Alert a Moderator to this Post" (e.g. misplaced post, personal attack, etc.)

At least that's what I see (I actually see more, but only if signed in as a moderator,) so vasantn's advice is best and easiest. Move your mouse cursor over the icon and let it hover; a dialogue bubble will show you the icon's purpose.

dayone May 14, 2011 10:19 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 16384533)
vasantn's advice is best and easiest.

As it usually is.

Prospero May 14, 2011 11:05 am

The little blue icon that displays to the immediate left of a thread title (as you view the forum page) is very useful. Click on it and the thread opens to first post you've not previously read.

magic111 May 14, 2011 11:30 am

Clicking on a user's name will open up several options:

• magic111
  • View Public Profile
  • Send a private message to magic111
  • Send email to magic111
  • Find More Posts by magic111
  • Add magic111 to Your Contacts

gemac May 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by amarcia (Post 16384314)

As a Flyertalk icon myself, I am pleased to answer your question. The blue box with the check mark is just to the left of the thread title on the forum page. If you click that icon, it will take you to the first post that you have not yet read in that thread.

Plato1 May 15, 2011 8:50 am

Icon AND Hero

Originally Posted by gemac (Post 16386245)
As a Flyertalk icon myself, I am pleased to answer your question. The blue box with the check mark is just to the left of the thread title on the forum page. If you click that icon, it will take you to the first post that you have not yet read in that thread.

That is what you are to me!

hoti

HNL May 15, 2011 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Plato1 (Post 16389149)
That is what you are to me!

hoti

hoti? You don't know gemac do you? ;)

dayone May 15, 2011 9:58 am

I find him to be a bit grouchi.

ScreenGuy May 15, 2011 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 16385045)
The little blue icon that displays to the immediate left of a thread title (as you view the forum page) is very useful. Click on it and the thread opens to first post you've not previously read.

Wow... I've been using FT for nearly 5 years and never thought to press/hover over that icon. I'm glad I know this now but I can't help thinking I've wasted a lot of time not using this functionality!

On MP a couple of months ago I discovered what the holes in the napkins are for... I consider myself a fairly smart guy but it amazes me how often I discover something that is blatantly obvious to most people! :o

dstan May 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Now that this thread has had some time to percolate and enlighten in the AA Forum, we'll move it over to the Technical Issues Forum, it's rightful home.

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator