Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Sorting "My threads" correctly

Old May 12, 2011, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Not sure if this is a well known problem and known workaround (too generic an issue for a search to get relevant hits) but I have bookmarked the "My threads" link in my profile so I could quickly see all threads I had replied to and monitor new posts. Unfortunately it doesn't sort properly if you want new posts to bubble up, so I added &sortby=lastpost to the end of the search link. Unfortunately this doesn't fix the problem.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:54 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this is Technical Issues.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old May 13, 2011, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by HikerT
Not sure if this is a well known problem and known workaround (too generic an issue for a search to get relevant hits) but I have bookmarked the "My threads" link in my profile so I could quickly see all threads I had replied to and monitor new posts. Unfortunately it doesn't sort properly if you want new posts to bubble up, so I added &sortby=lastpost to the end of the search link. Unfortunately this doesn't fix the problem.
I strongly suggest setting your options to "Default Thread Subscription Mode: No email notification" (which will automatically "subscribe" you to any thread you reply to) and then using the MyFlyerTalk link to monitor replies to your posts (or the broader View all Subscribed Threads). It's quite efficient and is the only way I can keep on top of as much of FlyerTalk as I do.
Old May 13, 2011, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Unless there is a way to retroactively subscribe to all threads I've posted in, that workaround isn't going to help (not to mention it may not sort properly either). It should be an easy fix to sort search results correctly if the folks behind the scenes know how to fix what is likely a bug in this inistall of vBulletin.

Edit: this thread isn't bubbling up either. Here's is a screen print demonstrating the issue.

http://imageshack.us/m/39/6493/notsortingbylastpost.gif

As you can see it is not sorting by last post (and this thread is sorting too low to be captured in the screen print).

Last edited by HikerT; May 13, 2011 at 3:29 pm
Old May 13, 2011, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

merged post above

Last edited by HikerT; May 13, 2011 at 3:21 pm
Old May 13, 2011, 3:00 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
I have raised this with Tech.

Paul
Old May 13, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless there is a way to retroactively subscribe to all threads I've posted in, that workaround isn't going to help (not to mention it may not sort properly either). It should be an easy fix to sort search results correctly if the folks behind the scenes know how to fix what is likely a bug in this inistall of vBulletin.

Edit: this thread isn't bubbling up either. Here's is a screen print demonstrating the issue.

http://imageshack.us/m/39/6493/notsortingbylastpost.gif

As you can see it is not sorting by last post (and this thread is sorting too low to be captured in the screen print).
I don't know if it's a bug--I think it's sorting not by last post in the thread but by your last post. That's what that search is designed to do--show you your own posts.

You're right that it won't help you with the 83 threads you've already posted in...but now's the time to make the change when you only have 83 threads you need to subscribe to! Changing later when you have thousands is going to be a pain.

And yes, MyFlyerTalk does sort threads properly. At least try MyFlyerTalk out and see if it works for you. Seriously, it's the only way a user who is active at all around here can keep up.

I wish "Subscribe" with "No Email Notification" were the default. That would make things like this so much easier.
Old May 13, 2011, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Nope, as you can see in the screen print I posted the sorting is still out of order for the 2 threads I posted last. Also, I have noticed that if I go to the main page and tell it to mark all posts as read that it seems to improve the sorting, but not entirely.
Old May 13, 2011, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, as you can see in the screen print I posted the sorting is still out of order for the 2 threads I posted last. Also, I have noticed that if I go to the main page and tell it to mark all posts as read that it seems to improve the sorting, but not entirely.
Maybe it's sorting by your first post in those threads? Which one was earlier?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.