Updating Forum Leaders?

Old Feb 10, 11, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Updating Forum Leaders?

With this recent announcement, maybe the TalkBoard section in View Forum Leaders should be updated accordingly?

I've noticed changes in MODs had been made. Maybe the TalkBoard part was an oversight?
Old Feb 10, 11, 11:22 am

This was not an oversight. His resignation does not state "effective immediately". The forum leaders page will be updated at the proper time.
Old Feb 16, 11, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by IBAngel View Post
This was not an oversight. His resignation does not state "effective immediately". The forum leaders page will be updated at the proper time.
(emphasis mine)

I've seen the TB section was updated shortly after I raised my question. Thanks.

I understand it takes times to update webpages and things on FT normally don't "happen" immediately under IB's watch. I learned to accept that.

With due respect, I started this thread on Feb 10, 2011. The announcement of Spiff being the new TalkBoard President was Feb 4, 2011. I also noticed some mods changing posts after Feb 4. For instance, philemer is no longer a SPAM mod. SPAM is a forum I frequent and I also started a thread to thank him before starting this thread.

That's when I checked the forum leaders page and realized MODs are current but not TalkBoard members.

True I don't know which changes took place first, the mods or gleff's replacement. Also true I don't know how much time it takes to update a webpage since I am not an IT person. However, if the list of MODS was current back when I checked, why not TalkBoard Members?

Oversight or not, I know what I saw. I just hope when someone forgot or ignored to do the job, no excuse was given to FTers.
Old Feb 16, 11, 6:31 pm

FlyerTalk is managed by FlyerTalkers, not IB. The status of moderators/TalkBoard members is only changed by the Community Director or at the request of the Community Director. gleff had a number of key roles on FlyerTalk. Permissions were being removed in stages. Even though a new TalkBoard president was announced immediately on his resignation, he was still given access to TalkBoard for a few additional days as a courtesy for someone we respect very much.